Ice, Floe, and Icefloe

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Having given in to my completionist tendencies, I am in Frostcrypt. After several hours Ice spawns. I kill it and Floe and Icefloe spawn. But...I only have credit for killing Floe and Icefloe. Is there something special about the order in killing them? Do I have to kill them in some special way?
  2. Froglok Augur

Fight Ice / Floe with very low DPS to get them both to spawn at the same time. They merge into Icefloe.

However, after Icefloe, you will still have to camp Ice / Floe again to get kill credit for them (slow DPS until they both appear, then go full DPS to kill them before they merge).
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. I will keep at it. I got credit for Floe and Icefloe the first time. I will be more cautious and get Ice.
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I've been in Frostcrypt for 7 days now. No Iceflow. I'm keeping all the golems dead and I do the corner ring event every time its up. Can anyone help me out?
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Got them finally. :)
  7. Izzard of Bertox Augur

After several weeks of camping this Trio - I've killed Ice and Icefloe 4 times. Never Floe. I've tried a different way every time. I'm pretty sure 3 mil DPS is fast enough.

What's the key?
  8. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Try reading the comment literally right above your post.
  9. Ciskin New Member

10. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Did that. Ice and Floe do spawn. When they die, icefloe still spawns and no credit is given for Floe.

So again I ask .. someone who isn't trying to make me look stupid .. What's the trick?
  11. Petalonyx Augur

Eight days in there during hunter bonus and no spawns. Struggling to believe it's just rng given the multiple spawns some are reporting.
  12. Thunderkiks Augur

When Floe spawns just go kill it fast, if it forms Icefloe it will not give credit for Floe so you have to dps it faster. Just ignore Ice until you get Floe killed
  13. Thunderkiks Augur

It's just RNG. I got him twice in a row to finish the achievement for some guildies. Wasn't even the extra named yet, was right after server up on patch day Sept 15th
  14. Petalonyx Augur

Is there no way to get cred for all 3 in one go?
  15. Petalonyx Augur

Someone got it right after server up on my server too, which makes me feel even more like it is not RNG, but rather some event state thing or something else.
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

You can kill the skellies to make sure, they were down when I did it. First time I camped him I did that event first.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

Sadly no, have to do them 2 times to get credit for all 3
  18. Petalonyx Augur

Can you be more specific (which skellies, what name, where found?). I did maze events about 10 times, but asside from one large named corner skel, dont recall any in maze area.

Thanks for your help!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

Yeah you got it, the maze event
  20. Regnad Journeyman

Been trying to get Ice, Floe and Icefloe for 2 days now. Finally came here to see what's up to get them to spawn. I'm still not understanding, what is this "maze event"? Alla list nothing for a maze event :(