Best Shaman dots

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Evye, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Evye Augur

What are the best 6 shaman dots atm?
    combo dots included.
  2. Szilent Augur

Now it's been a while since I was a professional , but the nature of this questions somewhat confuses me. Only seven exist.
  3. Shredd Augur

I use Bledrek's pandemic, Svartmane's Affliction Chaotic Venin, Marick's curse, and evil eye when I am Soloing, In that order.,
  4. Evye Augur

Honestly I'm just out of practice of what stacks and i only have 6 slots or so
  5. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Chaotic Venin, Marlek's Curse, Evil Eye and Bledrek's Pandemic.

Quick dots are trash.
    Seandurek likes this.
  6. Tropi Elder

I run 4 dots if there are more I just don't have the spell gems to do it but if i Remember correctly the quick dots don't stack with the longer versions of the same dot. the quick dots are suppose to let you dot in group for less mana when mobs are dying fast , but i run chaotic venin, svartmane's affliction, bledreks pandemic, marleks curse, and evil eye. i dont solo much so my experiance there isnt much most of my time is spent raiding and some grouping
  7. Tucoh Augur

My boxed shaman's DoT cycle is

Chaotic Venin -> Bledrek's Pandemic -> Marlek's Curse -> Evil Eye

Not sure if that's ideal or not.
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

The quick dots don't stack with the long duration versions so I don't bother. Plus with the combo dots you can get two more dots out there without giving up the spell games.

I generally go Chaotic Venin (instant cast) -> Marlek's Curse -> Evil Eye -> Bledrek's Pandemic mainly because trash fights don't last long enough to bother with the disease dots most of the time.

As for ideal or less mana who cares? You're a shaman. I only have to even watch mana if I'm truly not paying attention to it or I'm leading an event and my attention is elsewhere. I also almost always have spiritual channeling in my pocket and that gives you 5 minutes which is plenty of time to get back to full mana.
  9. Szilent Augur

The quick dots do not benefit from Enhanced Pestilence AA. Their stacking or not kinda doesn't matter, their actual damage is super junky because of that lack.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Yes but extra damage is extra damage. If they did stack I might consider throwing them in there too depending on the group make up and how fast things were dying but since they don't I'm not even going to think about using them. Their focus AAs were right up there with my breath DD.
  11. therman New Member

For raids it depends on how many spots others need in targets buff box. So usually limited to Evil Eye, Marlek's curse and Chaotic Venin. The Venin needs to be counted as three spots since it has the one tick initial spell dot and at end it places Vengence of Misery (base 24 sec). So on raids with alot of higher priority spots(necro,mage alliance,etc) drop down to chaotic(has that chance at two DD) or the two red. If there are alot of adds can add Xalgoli Venom(2 tics) for current trash target.

For soloing it is either the two reds, two disease (Bolman, Swartmane), Necter of Misery and the two fast dots (Xalgoli, Malvus). The idea is to not break root and safe mana. Cast the two fast dots, then a dease and two reds(lost mana cost to highest). Then the two fast dots again and other disease and Nectar. If you get a gift of mana trigger cast the dot needing most mana and continue the cycle.
    If they summon or immune to root can fallback to two red and the combined poison and disease.