Making Duo Restless Velium Earring, combine ate mold

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elyssanda, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Not that I can't go buy another mold, but I'm not supposed to lose the mold on combines, failed or not. and yes, I had the mold before the last fail.

[IMG]
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Some time ago I think Ngreth posted a fairly detailed explanation of how the fail mechanics work and it was much more complicated than I expected. As I recall he was explaining how you could lose components even if you had a Draught of the Craftsman running.

Now I never have any problem with Jewelcrafting, but Tinkering... oh boy!

I recently tried to make a new Waist for our SK and failed the 510 trivial 23 times in a row with a 336 Tinker. And of course it ate the most expensive component every single time!
  3. Gialana Augur

Eqtraders lists that those return the following on failure:
    Ring Mold, Duo Setting Tool, and Enchanted Refined Restless Velium.

However, there's also a note that says there's a chance you'll only recover the Duo Setting Tool.

So it could be a bug, but it could also be an annoying design.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Met, I'm going one better on belts.. 76 straight fails, with GM trophy.. I hate tinkering..
    Metanis likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Gotta read the small print dude

There is a chance you may only recover the Duo Setting Tool on a failure.
    Trivial at: 510
    Which means the returns listed might only be the Duo setting and not the mold
    Also Returns: Earring Mold(1), Duo Setting Tool(1)

Sorry other post was same time as mine lol
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I get that it can, but I've made thousands of jewelry pieces over the years and this is the first time it ate the mold. so I was hoping it was a bug.
  7. Alnitak Augur

What is you Tinkering Mastery AA is at atm ?
  8. Alnitak Augur

Sigle/Duo/Trio jewelry can and do consume molds on failures. Not every time, but it happens.
    In about 1000 combines for Cosgrite/Temporite etc jewelry pieces I would lose 10-15 molds on average, although very randomly.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had several molds eaten while maxing out JC. Seeing as how they stack, it's not really that big of a deal.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

um.. I don't even have Tinkering mastery listed as an AA? not in general, not in archtype, not in class.. so I assume it is 0.. she is only level 85..
  11. Alnitak Augur

Ok, I am gonna talk about open secret, which probably will ruin my tinkering market profit:
    Tinkering Mastery quest
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4301

Tinkering Mastery AA are gained by reading books from that quest, as well as usual 3,6,9 AA per level.
    You end up with usual 3/13 in Tinkering Mastery AA in your General tab, similar to other tradeskills.
    That 3/13 reduces your failure rate by 50%, with maxxed trophy you start making 3-4 belts out of 5 attempts, instead of 20-70 failures in a row.

Here go my tinkering bazaar profits.
    Metanis likes this.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yeah.. I just did the quest.. I went to Allahs and looked up Tinkering mastery ... and nah.. I won't be in on your bazaar needs.. I log in, play, log off.. no baz
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

I semi remember a dev saying that tools are not supposed to be fragile and be returned, but molds are and have a chance you break it in a failed combine. It will be very uncommon but it is by design.