Terror of Luclin Announcement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koggar.Bertoxxulous, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Coming soon? CoV gets taken off of the marketplace at midnight tonight so I'd figure they'd have something to replace it with at that time.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. demi Augur

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it , if i were you .. I doubt we will see anything for at least another week..
  3. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

So then what happens? It just stays on sale? I always remember the new expansion coming up for preorder as soon as the sale on the old one ends.
  4. demi Augur

no the sale will prolly not continue .. even though it should .. there's a lot of things DPG used to do before expansion pre-order one of which was releasing a video of a preview with features and zones and a faq with the dev team . now that EG7 owns them who knows what to expect .. they already cut the sale of CoV short by about 2 to 3 weeks , havent even mentioned the new expansion or a video , trying to come out with a new money grab as in "perks" , which are now delayed ..

this is not the way I would be running a business if i was trying to make money on an upcoming expansion release.. I've already went from thinking of buying 7 basic expansions down to 2 .. and only reason im buying the 2 is to bring 2 of my accounts up to CoV. sense they cut the sale short I wont get paid again till the 22nd so that leaves me having to buy 2 ToL expansions @ $31 each .. I feel thats all they will get out of me till ToL goes on sale next year ..
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am a bit disappointed in the level of communication.

The funny thing is that there may be 10+ devs working on Terror of Luclin and it may be a very good expansion but, if there is no media presence (marketing), actual sales may be affected.

I do hope we get a trailer (ToV and CoV), zone by zone teasers (TBL), and - if time permits - a dev stream (or even a written up Q&A) in a timely manner.

Much of the nuts-and-bolts can be left to the wonderful third-party resources (e.g. EQResource, Allakhazam) and beta testers. But showing off artwork should fall squarely under the purview of the studio.

ToV and CoV Trailers:

TBL Zone Teasers:

The Burning Lands Expansion Preview: Esianti | EverQuest

The Burning Lands Expansion Preview: Aalishai | EverQuest

The Burning Lands Expansion Preview: Trials of Smoke | EverQuest

The Burning Lands Expansion Preview: Mearatas | EverQuest

Edit: Blast emails with expansion details is a must. Many EQ players go on extended breaks but frequently return with new expansion information.
  6. Slasher Augur

If beta starts on the 12th (which it does) preorders will start on the 12th as that is the only way non raiders get into beta.

The lack of an announcement like they usually do a month before even beta is troubling. They really need a marketing 101 class.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Bobokin like this.
  7. demi Augur

the 12th of what month , cause my calendar says its the 12th already .. and yet we have not begun beta afaik and definitely have not gotten any info on the ToL expansion release except what 3rd party sites have posted or let slip.. its a sad state of affairs when 3rd party sites like EQresources has more info and lets us know more about the expansion than the actual company ..

Not only does EG7 and DPG needs a marketing 101 class but they need a Customer Service 101 class as well prolly a few other classes but im trying to be polite ..
    Gyurika Godofwar and Bobokin like this.
  8. Slasher Augur

12th as in today. Dev raids have already been scheduled for the guilds participating.
  9. Warpeace Augur

This is nothing new, remember they outsourced their Bug tracking and QoL change requests to a 3rd party site?

Same old same old and I will assume they still intend on pushing the "Perks" and ask us to pay more.
  10. strongbus Augur

not to mention that most of those 3rd party sites. ether have people on the inside giving them info their not ment to give out. or are data mining files form the last few patches.(can't tell me they haven't started to put some things in to files yet)
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it has just turned the 12th and is in the middle of the night. At the best we won't get anything until their workday starts later today.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With Shadows of Luclin going live on Mischief and Thornblade tomorrow, I'm waiting to see which gets announced first.

Luclin V Luclin !!!!
    Grove and Elyssanda like this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The expansion title has been available in dbstr_us.txt for awhile now:
    We will likely get the soundtrack early too(sneaked in by the patcher), it is not there yet though. :)
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sound? What is this thing you speak of? :p
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Its not a secret when DP puts it into a patch and everyone can download it, then view it.

No tinfoil hat needed or insider trading required
  16. Dragnath Elder

Fanra likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Keeping us in the dark is part of the lead-up.
    It is Luclin after all. And Luclin is dark. So it all makes sense.

Woa yea that page is very messed up.
  18. Alnitak Augur

The shadows cast by the light of Luclin have been whispering of intrigues. The Akheva are on the move, striving to reassert their power and rebuild their moon-wide empire. Amidst the turmoil of their actions, rumors abound. Mayong Mistmoore has been seen on Luclin. The only known truth is that the master vampire has since disappeared into the shadows and even his devoted followers and sycophants have begun to worry.
    Clearly something is stirring on the moon of Luclin. What secrets or magical power was the Lord of Mistmoore seeking? Is he trying to usurp another god? Do you have the strength to peer behind the shades and track down the vampire lord to prevent whatever evil he is plotting?
    With visions of Luclin herself walking the halls of Ka Vethan, The High Priestess, Aten Ha Ra, has secured her power and exerts her will over all the Akheva. She has restored Ka Vethan and has already reclaimed the surrounding areas. The Akheva intend to extend that influence throughout the moon, to reclaim what rightfully belongs to Luclin and her servants. Aten Ha Ra's power is impossible to deny, but can you deny her conquest?
    Aten Ha Ra is not the only enemy preventing Norrath's heroes from discovering the future of the planes and preventing the Mistress of Shadows from achieving whatever secret goal she seeks. Old enemies ranging from Doomshade to Zelnithak roam Luclin seeking to devour or destroy anyone in their path.
    Ancient beings from the planes wait in darkness and shadow and only the strongest heroes can defeat them!

Not all Akheva agree with Aten Ha Ra. Join the resistance to stop the spread of the Akheva. Do tasks from the simple to the complex, working alone or with friends. Research the oddity of the shadows. Stop sacrifices of the weak. Explore the depths of Luclin’s prison. Become the force that will banish the shadows.

Now level your hero up to the new limit of 120 in no time while taking on the newest formidable foes like the Akheva, Tegi, and Primal Vampires. Learn new spells, combat abilities, and AAs, and prove your worth to receive new and unique items in your journey to experience the Terror of Luclin.

Begin your adventure in Maiden’s Eye, in your quest to thwart the plans of Mayong Mistmoore. Journey through new zones; kill new and familiar monsters; and complete quests, missions and raids in reimagined regions of Luclin.
  19. Alnitak Augur

Zones in ToL

Basilica of Adumbration
    Bloodfalls
    Maiden’s Eye
    Shadow Valley
    Umbral Plains
    Ka Vethan
    Vex Thal
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

The shadows cast by the light of Luclin have been whispering of intrigues. The Akheva are on the move, striving to reassert their power and rebuild their moon-wide empire. Amidst the turmoil of their actions, rumors abound. Mayong Mistmoore has been seen on Luclin. The only known truth is that the master vampire has since disappeared into the shadows and even his devoted followers and sycophants have begun to worry.

Clearly something is stirring on the moon of Luclin. What secrets or magical power was the Lord of Mistmoore seeking? Is he trying to usurp another god? Do you have the strength to peer behind the shades and track down the vampire lord to prevent whatever evil he is plotting?

With visions of Luclin herself walking the halls of Ka Vethan, The High Priestess, Aten Ha Ra, has secured her power and exerts her will over all the Akheva. She has restored Ka Vethan and has already reclaimed the surrounding areas. The Akheva intend to extend that influence throughout the moon, to reclaim what rightfully belongs to Luclin and her servants. Aten Ha Ra's power is impossible to deny, but can you deny her conquest?

Aten Ha Ra is not the only enemy preventing Norrath's heroes from discovering the future of the planes and preventing the Mistress of Shadows from achieving whatever secret goal she seeks. Old enemies ranging from Doomshade to Zelnithak roam Luclin seeking to devour or destroy anyone in their path.

Ancient beings from the planes wait in darkness and shadow and only the strongest heroes can defeat them!

Not all Akheva agree with Aten Ha Ra. Join the resistance to stop the spread of the Akheva. Do tasks from the simple to the complex, working alone or with friends. Research the oddity of the shadows. Stop sacrifices of the weak. Explore the depths of Luclin’s prison. Become the force that will banish the shadows.

Now level your hero up to the new limit of 120 in no time while taking on the newest formidable foes like the Akheva, Tegi, and Primal Vampires. Learn new spells, combat abilities, and AAs, and prove your worth to receive new and unique items in your journey to experience the Terror of Luclin.

Begin your adventure in Maiden’s Eye, in your quest to thwart the plans of Mayong Mistmoore. Journey through new zones; kill new and familiar monsters; and complete quests, missions and raids in reimagined regions of Luclin.

EverQuest Terror of Luclin - Pre Order
    edit: oops, ninjaed