Bigger fellowship capacity.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veneshon, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Veneshon New Member

You don't know what you're talking about, you're just projecting, and I certainly don't care enough about Y'alls opinion enough to ask for it.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I certainly don't care about your opinion either but that's how forums work maybe?
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

I honestly forgot about vitality entirely. I was thinking about the quick travel to others in the fellowship.
    Elyssanda and Dre. like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Which is probably a good reason to break apart the mechanics of a fellowship into two distinct things/items: something you can use to help level up alts/friends (a "fellowship") and something that your group can use for travel (a "campfire"). There's really no need to have both concepts tied to the same thing.
  5. suinegEQ Elder

Here we have this 4 page thread about increasing and the pro's and con's and yet in the discord the other day there was a person asking to decrease campfire down to 2 people.

You will not get a consensus from the population and what they want. Sometimes a choice just is made on what makes sense to them.
  6. Randomized Augur

Pretty sure that was reducing the requirements to activate a campfire (which is currently 3 people). Not limiting the amount of people that are allowed in a fellowship
    Stephen51 and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Froglok Augur

They have all ready said this will never happen, otherwise what you will have is essentially a mini-Guild.

It has also been suggested to at least allow characters on the same account to join a Fellowship, so that the Fellowship is actually 12 accounts, not 12 Characters. However, how would they do this without revealing Account Names in-game?

Most times, imo, the desire to have more members is really to include more Alts of the Fellowship Members, so they can bring in a needed Character type or bring in an Alt to loot some rot gear.

My suggestion would be to allow Fellowship's to allow any Member to invite other Characters to the Fellowship, but only that Character (or the Fellowship Leader) can remove them from the Fellowship I would also like to see these Fellowship Invites to be allowed across zones.

This would allow Members to Fellowships to add / remove Characters on the fly (even the removal part is done by the newly invited Character or the Fellowship Leader).
    cadres likes this.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

If we deleted fellowships, people would stop complaining about them
    Skuz likes this.
  9. demi Augur

you and Skuz are negative Nancy's !! welcome to ignore
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It was a jok - nevermind.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Randomized Augur

I agree, although we both know it'd triple the amount of whining.

This is a prime example of give them an inch, they'll take a mile. There were times before all these QoL changes when we had to run to places or beg for punts from druids/wizards.

Imagine having to go back to corpse runs.

Gotta learn to count your blessings.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I blame the design of Fellowships. They gave it utility and functionality that isn’t available anywhere in the game. Campfires and experience should’ve been made available to 3 person/box groups. Game is supposed to be a group based game, but life is worse actually trying to group with others.
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Felixus Journeyman

Every time I see one of these threads I think 3 things.

1. Why don't we have a Guild standard insignia like we do for fellowships?
    2. Why does 12 members need to be there to plant the banner and 3 for a fellowship? 1/2 of a group for a fellowship but 2/9ths of a raid for a banner.
    3. Why not allow fellowships to be expanded via quests or the daybreak store? I'd put all my alts and bots in one, instead of having 2 of them.
  14. suinegEQ Elder

Yes, I said exactly that.

And in this thread we established that people use fellowships for different reasons. Like I said you won't get everyone to agree on big or small or what even the thing that matters the most about a fellowship, the essence of what defines it.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Would be totally fine with them deleting fellowships if:
    • They made it so 3 people in a group could drop a campfire that someone in the group could use
    • They made it so anyone could arbitrarily share xp/vitality with a command like, "/sharevitality Tucoh"
    This would remove a few uses of fellowship, but generally would be an improvement to the game, especially in the way you're describing: making it easier to group with others.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree actually.

Make it so that campfires are just a 3-person or greater group feature and have vitality be guild wide or revamp it so everyone earns offline "rested" XP like other MMO's do & then do away with the fellowships.

I am guessing the whole point of having campfires tied to fellowships was to have restrictions on campfiring people to spots by just shuffling them through a group but would that be so bad? People will get there anyway by some means so why not just let it be open, would make getting to your group so you can start playing faster and easier, makes it easier to invite & play with "out of clique" players and isn't that something the devs actually want players to be able to do more easily?
  17. demi Augur

that would be ok with me .. get rid of fellowships and tie it to just group members then i can rotate any of my toons thru the group and CF them in anywhere and dont have to worry about fellowship limits and a stupid 20+ hour cooldown on invites back into the fellowship .. then just tie the vitality experience to guild or the tribute system by adding a vitality tab ..
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I like a group unique campfire. Leave the vitality for a fellowship capped at 12.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

I don't agree with removing fellowships entirely even if they did make some features group features.
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

They said a lot of things would never happen.