IS THIS EVEN LEGAL??

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Iamkarma, Oct 5, 2021.

1. strongbus Augur

you mean there people besides me and wife in Maine that play eq?
    Stymie, Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Could you cut and copy that rule please? I thought there was one also but cannot find it.

The closest to it would be Niente comment above about it being a bug from years ago. You can no longer create names with 3 letters in a row so they fixed it apparently.

3. Nennius Curmudgeon

There are more than two people in Maine?
    CrazyLarth, Stymie and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Leigo You come here often?

Naming/Accusing - Openly accusing another player or group of misbehavior results in non-constructive discussion and is not allowed. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not allowed. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please submit a ticket to Customer Service for investigation.
    Terms of Service
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh that. I thought you meant creating the name. You mean using the name in the forums. Well, I would think if a dev commented in the post about the name it is for clarification purposes and thus supersedes that rule. ;)
  6. Leigo You come here often?

Just my attempt to prevent folks from getting warnings or bans over lack of knowledge :)
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I tried the same thing last week - warning someone about using names - but the poster was not listening. The thread was locked. But it had a really good explanation!
  8. Leigo You come here often?

pretty sure i know the thread
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

I'm not there right now, but I plan to be in the Sanford/Wells area in the spring. I still have family and friends that live in the zone :)
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The basic search function is ok. But if you go off the plain search's where your just using item names and get into really specialized searches it can go wonky. And I always filter my searches because I have found items left out on basic search before. I realize sometimes the parameters might be too wide but it should at least stay in the category

For example I filtered with
    class: ranger
    then type: armor
    then level 100-115.

I got bulwarks of many portals (not a wearable item at all) and a "majestic of tonic" for healing (not armor) a lot of summoned pet items (unless we rangers have become like pets then we can't wear those), velium lens (tradeskill item) etc.
  11. Randomized Augur

Ah but it is a wearable item! It fits in the "secondary" slot :) so you can equip it into an armor slot which is why that one may appear :)

The XYZ of tonics are also able to be equipped in the primary, secondary and range slots. So thats why those are also showing up in your searches under the armor filter.

As for the Velium Lens (not entirely sure what that is, just looked it up), it falls under the ALL/ALL category which means it would fit the ranger, and since it doesn't have any specific tags outside of that, it would/could be considered a weapon/armor/augment. I mean this one is stretching it. But the other two you mentioned do have armor tags attached to them (well armor slots)

But I do get what you're saying. I always filter mine about as well as I can also. Neck, Beastlord, 110-115 (unfortunately, augs share an armor slot with, well armor, so augs pop up even with the armor filter in place)
  12. quakedragon Augur

BigBynn is already taken!
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would guess that if you have the same name as an npc that is nearby, then the /target command(and maybe other stuff too) would have issues.

On the other hand, I also think that the devs makes an effort to not use already taken player-names, when naming NPCs.

I wonder would would happen during a server-merge, if I made the chars Jumbur, Jumburx, Jumburxx , Jumburxxx, Jumburxxxx, etc on all servers. How would they handle naming collisions then? :p
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They have rules for that.:D But it would be interesting.

If two characters have the same name as a result of the server merge, the player that has logged in within the 60 days before the merge will retain the original character name. If there are still conflicts, the character with the higher number of minutes played will retain the original character name.

What happens to my character name if someone else has the same name as me and gets to keep it?
    If you have to change names due to a conflict, you will be granted one free rename for your character. You will not have to buy a name change potion.

One of them would have to lose unless you can log them all in right away and keep them logged in forever since that is how "time played" is calculated

And that ignores what they do "behind the curtain" I recently created a level one character and while in the tutorial I did the merc quest for the free merc (since they stay free for many levels) and the merc had the name "Darwin" I was like wow, that's cool for a merc.

The next time I logged in her name was changed to something else.
    Jumbur likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, I do something like that, too. If I see an item at 5000 and someone else selling it at 4999, I'll go to the person selling for 5000.

Edit: Oops, I guess you said that too. :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Wrong.

You can name all you want. Just don't shame.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Leigo You come here often?

Title of the thread. Naming is usually followed with shaming. Best to not do it at all.
  18. Owl56 Elder

And my cleric Eeemty (EMT) is happy she does not have to change.
  19. Igorath-Bertox Elder

I sort by lowest price so names are irrelevant.
  20. Dharken Elder

I would say if we want to complain about how people list in barter, Lets complain about their name, their prices and how the game UI makes it hard to read prices.

Lets be sure to ask if its legal to have a krono in barter for 200,000 and 2,000,000.. Clearly this must be a scam or predatory, right?

There are many different sort ways in barter and /baz. Its our own responsibility to sort down what we want and that we get the price we want.

It would be cool if /baz and /bar took your /ignore list into consideration :D