Fixed Selling stacks to barter only sells partial stacks

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Laronk, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I'm not really sure how to answer what you are asking for.

This has happened when I'm selling via the barter window to folks with various tradeskill component lines. There's only one line for the item for the person I'm selling to. I mostly do this in PoK or PoTranq (basically selling stuff that folks have sold to straight to vendors).

I've never seen the reverse happen like Laronk says. It's always I'll start selling a block of 20 items, but the transaction will only take 2-16 ... so my barter sell window thinks I'm selling 20 items, but the game only processes a lower amount. Eventually the number will go up and if I'm selling enough items (like 200+), I can get it back to the 20 items per sell.

I'll spend some time this weekend on various servers and see if I can get it more concrete (like timestamps etc). This has happened only on Live servers, but at least 7 different ones.
    Duder likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

sorry my post shows a name, trying to edit the pics
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am in POK at NPC vendor and purchase 29 tainted feathers.

Open barter screen so I assume the barter is in the Baz. We are not in the same zone. Since there are more than one offering to buy feathers I choose buyer X cause I sell to him a lot.

I select the tainted feathers, the screen pops up with a "1" in it and I change it to "20"

It shows I sold 9.

I do it again and get red error I don't have enough. I do. I still have 20

I try again to sell only I lower it to 19 so I don't confuse the poor program further

It buys 10.

So I have sold 19, and still have 9 in my inventory. It eats one somewhere.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Rondor, Duder and Cragzop like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Another note it is not always the same buyer. It can vary and happen with any of them

But the only way I have found to get around this is to go to the baz and sell straight to the buyer there.
  5. Angahran Augur

Just a thought, can you setup a barter with multiple prices for the same item ?
    e.g.
    Buying 2 waterflasks at 5pp
    Buying 200 waterflasks at 1cp
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Yes, you can create multiple lines with multiple prices for the same item. But I believe only the highest price will be on when you turn on Barter (at least in my limited testing).

But that's not what is happening here.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Razorfall Augur

Has anyone tested doing this with their own characters as the seller, or has it been done with existing toons in the bazaar?

When you buy something, does it do 9 transactions in the background, or just one transaction for a stack of 9?

If it is individual transactions, it could be that lag is the factor. It could also be some kind of third party software shenanigans.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I've only used real barter folks on various Live servers.

3rd party shenanigans isn't really a factor since I can sell everything I want eventually to the buyer. It just takes more transactions if I cannot sell in blocks of 20. And it's really basic stuff for relatively low levels of plat. It's not kronos or chase loot or anything like that.

CatsPaws has the images of what I've seen personally. You use the barter window and try to sell a stack of 20 items ... but only 2-19 actually go through. And eventually if you keep repeating the transaction, the amount that goes through increases.

I did try going completely out of the world a few times when this happened, but it never solved the issue for me.

Edit: I tried tonight, selling about 20 different things in bulk across 5 different servers. But I could not get the bug to appear. It's really random.
    Rondor and CatsPaws like this.
  9. Duder Augur

Likewise, I have run a barter and seen odd quantities sold to me over and over rather than 20 at a time. So I have seen this from the buyer's perspective.
    Rondor and CatsPaws like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It would not work with setting up your own barter because it is so random. So there is no guarantee when or if it would happen with your own barter character.
  11. TrueNorth Developer

Was able to finally reproduce this at least once, and it is now being tracked internally.
    RPoo, Rondor, FrozenWater and 4 others like this.