Arguably the worst thing to happen to EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axel, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Wulfhere Augur

... and the Freeport Militia guards and Sir Lucan. They killed the entire zone for epic paladins forever. Play once and never come back. Dead content is worthless $$ content.
    Wdor likes this.
  2. kenmei Augur

not me, unless its a monk (1 bag), I fill up all slots with alchemy bags until i find better ones. Always lookin for lighter/cheaper, but alchemy bags have been the go to for 2 decades+
    I think I recall mortor and pestle being light, and ovens/tailoring kits having one for giant gear drops. tradeskill containers, the OG elite bags.
    Wdor likes this.
  3. demi Augur

deluxe sewing kits or tackle box's ? I know for sure deluxe sewing kits were nice 10 slot giant items
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Honestly, after opening/closing the inventory on three toons for a while, I don't think I would have even noticed the extra space if it hadn't been pointed out. It's just not that big of a deal.
    code-zero and Nennius like this.
  5. Kalvenie Elder

I'm just glad they haven't made them look like real slots that are yellow'd out as a "can't use" slot.
    At least I can go through the game pretending like perks aren't a thing.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I used deluxe sewing kits for years. I hate the opening/closing sound, though.
    Stymie likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Agreed. Every once in a while I will turn the sound up to listen to a video and if that sound rears it's painful head it will make me jump and cringe.
    Stymie and Accipiter like this.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

You make quite an assumption that it would be that easy. For reference, when they implemented the ability to have more than ten slot bags, it took more development time than the entire mercenary system did.
    Qelil and code-zero like this.
  9. Moege Augur

OCD people will edit the xml file and fix it. The extra 2 slots are not required for EQ to be happy. (no warning/error in UIErrors.txt)
    code-zero likes this.
  10. IT-Nerd New Member

new bagslots isnt bad at all. but i would pref such of things for ppl how bought a collector edition or higher...

just my 2 cent ;-)
  11. Ranger Rallem Ranger Extraordinaire

This isn't the worst. It was already stated Freeport is the worst, so I'll add the taking of Firiona Vie away from the good races so it can just sit there empty and devoid of content.
    Wdor likes this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So was the idea of a sub to add 2 bag slots...therefore necessary.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The conquest of Firiona Vie was bad too. Were any quests even added to the new evil FV?
  14. code-zero Augur

People acting like they never heard of custom UI. Those of us running custom UI's will have to mod them to be able to use the two extra slots if they want them but you don't see any of them whining about it
  15. Evye Augur

The UI doesn't bother me but they could have just given 2 bags fit in other bags and open.
    Or would that be opening pandoras bag?
    demi likes this.
  16. Gremag Journeyman

I have a cracked staff, a pair of tattered slippers, and a fire beetle eye in one of my packs still in my inventory from 1999.

My bank bags are like time capsules going back to 1999.

If I get more inventory space, it'll just mean more time capsules.

I'll probably buy the new slots.

<dude who can't throw out his old tshirts>
    Wdor, Qelil and Elyssanda like this.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

I think you have a mild case of Horror Vacui :-D

https://www.google.com/search?q=hor...j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
    Stymie likes this.