[Request] Terror of Luclin Visables

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Back in the original Luclin visables droped in Umbral Planes from trash it would be nice to have a throwback to the original Luclin and do the same thing in ToL. Complete T1 visables would go a long way to help anyone behind the curve catch up, be it no drop or tradeable.

I'm sure the druids would like the same look from back then too, can't really remember the other classes, all I remember was the Elyssian armour looked 2nd to non and is still one of my fav looks.
  2. bortage spammin lifetaps

I like this idea but personally i'm hoping for gear quests
    Jennre likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

How about Kronos as chase loot this xpac? :D
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

I am hoping they get the Luck aug drops off the trash and give us a way to buy them with a currency or some earned quest / mission. Killing trash before or after raids is killing my will to live. Its a stupid model to get what some might think is not worth the time anyways.

If your guild kills these as a guild it adds an hour at least a night. This is seriously cutting into my Veg on the couch time.
    Cicelee and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Marton Augur

If they do this, Umbral Planes will be full of afk-ers farming stuff.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It's a bit late to be suggesting something like this, I think
  7. Tour Augur

Do a mission, get more then enough visible and non visible group gear. Done. Droppable gear in ToV very quickly got the the point where you couldn’t even give it away for free. Absolutely no one is so behind the curve that they need any extra loot beyond the piñata we already have.
  8. Zolav Augur

I cant believe TR still does that, raid all night then kill trash for an hour. I would just /log lol. Your GL/RL is a pretty cool person she's not willing to discuss options? It isnt hard to make a group to get these done on off nights.
  9. Alnitak Augur

Not so simple. Missions in ToV and CoV are not in the same ballpark as missions in CoTF/TDS/TBM.
    Starting from EoK missions became progressively more difficult comparing to static zones quests/mobs.
    Missions became tuned to raid-geared characters from previous expansions. Ultimately, missions became unbeatable, or close to that, by group-geared characters.

Just look at the numbers: Zlandicar quads 125K, does DoT and DD and has 220 million HP. And you got only 3.5 minutes to kill him before adds shatter the fun. In my perssonal experience - group tanks have to use all the glyphs they've got and have real dps crew to have just a chance to beat that.
    Raid geared tanks ? Easily, raid SK can tank Zlandicar without a healer, just on disciplines and lifetap.

And that is Tier 1 easiest mission in CoV.
    So, not all teams can farm current-era missions, they may do it for progression one way or another, but hardly farming.
    It wasn't so in CoTF/TDS/TBM. In-era those missions had just an average expansion named to beat, if any. TBM started the trend of some excessively buffed up mission targets, but those were still beatable by in-era groups.
    And as a cherry on top - they've started tagging group mission targets as raid bosses, so pets can't tank those at all and many other trics do not work.

If the tendency continues in ToL, then the only chance for group players to gear up will be whatever gear they can farm off Tier1 trash and nameds, not from missions.
  10. bortage spammin lifetaps

i'm fairly sure group tanks don't need to glyph for zlandicar but it is absolutely a huge problem that outgoing damage in group missions is as high as it is, and super bursty at that
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Riou EQResource

Tier 1 group gear in a Level Up Expansion has traditionally always been trade-able (at least for the past like 10 years worth of Expansions), they almost forgot for ToV :)
  12. Tucoh Augur

It's too late to ask for anything but bug-fixes in ToL but:
    • The entry-level zones should have easy to get and tradeable T1 loot
    • They should skip the T2 gear that's been in TBL/CoV/ToV and instead making the tradeskill gear T2
    • The design of the Rallos Zek earring in ToV is a perfect improvement on the TBL chase gear. You just need one item and it shouldn't require any super rare drops. I ran Fight Fire 60 times before getting all my items and I think that's typical. The only change I'd make is ensuring that any evolving items don't come out after the content that they evolve in comes out.
  13. Alnitak Augur

RoS gear is no-trade except Conflagrant, which is tradeskilled, not looted. Though, that's just a hair-splitting.
    And in ToV and CoV Tier 1 visible gear is significantly inferior due to missing Luck, but F2P can use it due to non-prestige status.

Imho, Conflagrant gear was a game-changer, very good boost comparing to EoK group gear and available to "slackers". Then next big step was TBL (actually GMM) gear and mission-farmed visibles. In fact, I only upgraded TBL/GMM gear with ToV Tier2/3 and bypassed Tier1 for my mains. And in CoV I went straight to T3 due to crystallized Restless Ore loot bonanza in the begining.

Let's just wait for Beta, then we'll see which path ToL gear follows.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

hm. I think this is an interresting idea, presuming that people would not overly complain, and that the time saved was well spent elsewhere.
  15. Hekaton Augur

The only thing I request is that the mount for TOL be a Scarlett cheetah and that it has ludicrous speed. At $140 a pop for collectors there’s no reason why the mounts aren’t at top tier speed
  16. Riou EQResource

Believe it will either be the Owlbear or Zelniak (or both maybe) and the same base Fast
  17. Slasher Augur

Conf TS gear was T1 gear for ROS. After ROS they changed the model to what we got now but the gear was still tradeable in TOV you just had to make it with the vendor item.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

You can do some retro stuff to get the (second?) fastest mount speed in the game at least, from Seeds of Destruction. They probably should add the fastest speed to at least another mount somewhere in the new expansion though. The fastest is currently four expansions ago right?

I realize people that weren't around for it probably don't know about the Field of Scale raid one. (A pity the fastest one doesn't share that one's ability to land and take off when clicked, I've been told.)

I just realize you said "fast." I have no idea what the speeds are anymore. On Allakhazam the speed of "85" is cited for the Flying Imprisoned Sokokor (fastest, which I've been told can't land when you right click the bridle). I believe Flying Imperial Sokokor (which you can land and take off with when clicking the bridle) has the second best base speed (which many raid mounts are tied with)?

I just remembered this topic is about visible armor. I do not mean to further derail.
  19. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

The sokokar is somewhat unique. First, it's speed is 85 which is called "Ludicrous" speed on the description. "Very Fast" is 75, given by getting the gold ticket mount. Below that, I'm not sure, but obviously less than 75. When clicking the bridle, it summons the mount and grants levitate. If you click again, it changes the position of the sokokar into a "land" or "flying" pose but you do not dismount. If you drop the mount by clicking off the "buff" and re-click, it gets summoned at the last position you had it in when last used. It's very interesting.

For reference, "bard speed" is 85~91 (at least what I've seen on my non-raid bard). I'm not sure what modifies it. A real bard can chime in here for better clarify. I can't see DP giving out this "unique" speed to everyone so easily via a quest or otherwise, unless they allow bards to go even faster. I personally like how each class has something unique to them.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  20. Zunnoab Augur

I haven't been in group gear since 2004, so I'm not sure how easily group geared bards cap speed. I imagine they probably do though, or come close.

Wait, the Talendor one does transform between ground and flying mode? Someone told me it doesn't. Also if I'm understanding your explanation, a 13% boost is a pretty decent speed difference. I didn't realize it tracks the state it was in last. I wonder if they use an invisible aug or something. Wait, they probably can't while it's in the keyring. It's still curiously unique.