Thinking of going subcription

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Willibik, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Willibik New Member

My wife are considering going from free to subscriptions. I have a few questions before we do, though.

Is there some kind of xp speed up if you pay? We like the old pace of things.

If we go time lock progression is there a way to see how long a certain server has been there so we can figure out what expansion they are on?

Also, on a side note. The gear in the newbie/tutorial place has a lot of stat bonuses on them. Do they scale with the current mobs? Does the tutorial zone exist on TLP servers?

thanks
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are a couple ways to increase your experience rate in the game but nothing you get for subscribing.

Allah usually has good info on TLP and there is even a blub on the main EQ site
    https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers

No tutorial on TLP servers.

Yes the armor you get in the tutorial scales for those level mobs. Just like the defiant line of armor happens at different levels which match your level fairly well. Like you will find a level 60 piece of defiant in a level 60 zone.

https://almarsguides.com/eq/general/defiantgear.cfm

If you wanted to stay on live servers I would suggest waiting a bit until higher levels to subscribe. The main benefits of subscribing really kick in at level 85 and up - like the top merc

But at lower levels you would still get the discount in the marketplace, access to general chat and $5 daybreak cash each month if that is something of interest to you.

Edit there may be "perks" coming soon which might cost extra money that would give you a 10% bonus for experience.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

This only goes for live servers:...(I think)

Being able to use autogrant for free AA's is a huge benefit already at level 51. Without a subscription you will be very limited in AAs afaik.

Additionally, you can use prestige gear, not sure when those starts dropping, maybe it is only the occasional aug at low-levels?
  4. Willibik New Member

OK, again for the new here. What are AAs?
  5. Willibik New Member

Also, Mischief says it's randomized loot, but doesn't say TLP. It *is* a TLP right? It's listed on the alakazam page as being one.
  6. Gialana Augur

Yes, Mischief and Thornblade are both TLPs with randomized loot.
  7. Gialana Augur

AA stands for alternate advancement. Starting at level 51, you can change a portion or all of your kill experience gains from regular experience to alternate advancement experience. You can press "v" in game to bring up the AA window. Alternate advancement can be spent on abilities that make your character stronger, but they have level requirements and sometimes require purchasing other lines of AAs.
  8. Willibik New Member

Thank you very much. Also, found out about Mischief