The Broken Mirror is Broke

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DillyBar, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hardly. Costs practically nothing to make, and takes no time at all if you already do tradeskills.

The mats (those which are not store-bought) can be gotten from Overseer.

Sure, if you're going from 106 to 110 in an afternoon, then obviously. That's not most people.
    Skuz and Jumbur like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Many players made a big song and dance about this when the changes went in originally on live and when Phinigel players unlocked TBM we had TDS raid Geared tanks getting 1-shotted in group content due to the scaling changes - that was when Prathun started reverting the changes but he left before he had finished them and the remainder of 2020 was just too busy to get them finished.

I made a lot of noise about them finishing the work Prathun started with the TBM HA being reverted back to level 105 - he only got as far as scaling back the spell damage - but to no avail.

I hope your complaint has better luck, but a whole year later the remaining changes required are still outstanding and the team are in expansion building mode prepping for this year's beta so any chance of finishing fixes for TBM HA is most definitely going to be shelved until early 2022 at the earliest.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

TBM sucked when we did it on Miragul, I was able to get through it, but jfc some of those HA named doing hunter.

And that was with TDS raid geared tank/healer and pre nerf necro dps which was pretty wild for that era before they started scaling things back. Good luck
  4. Dragnath Elder

I am obviously the exception based on the various posts on these forums... but I liked TBM. We did it all with TBM gear and augs except for Damsel of Decay and Enslaver of souls, leveled to 106 and used Conflag gear to beat those encounters after many attempts without.

The biggest gripe I had was there is a few named that have insane mana drain. Tried one guy a couple times and it was essentially impossible when the healers and SK are OOM after about 20 seconds, but those were not required for progression.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I liked it also overall. I did not like the armor, too convoluted. But the quests and missions were fun as is the Seller of Souls, I still have yet to get all that collected and made.

But for a leveling zone via HA's? not so much
  6. Dragnath Elder

The HA xp is garbage, but the partisan task instances gave decent xp per kill. It was also kind of dumb that to unlock Crypt of Sul you need to do all 4 HA's 6 times a piece, tedium for the sake of it...
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Elskidor Augur

The armor system is convoluted but really good once figure out how to set it up with augs. If purely trying to powerlevel this is not an expansion I would ever use.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Right? Even in-era the named in HAs are about 30-40% more powerful (anecdotal) than the open world named. After a while I would just skip certain HA named because it just wasn't worth the aggravation.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

You skipped content tho. Finishing all acheesemints in era does suck and is more difficult than it should be or it was originally. Fun can be had along the way sure. I did it when it was current on live ans going and doing it on a TLP was such a massive difference its not even funny.
  10. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

The biggest problem I had with the armor system in TBM was how they didn't take the time to make the aug types consistent. Which augs had attack, spell damage, heal amount, haste, etc. didn't stay the same. You'd spend the time time looking at the stats and try and balance things out the way you want, but then you have to do that again 5 levels later because the stats moved around. You should have been able to just looked at which ones you had picked the last time and gotten the same ones again if you liked how it worked out.

There was no reason to do that, so I can only assume it was someone being too rushed to make them consistent or simply too lazy.
  11. Randomized Augur

You sure about that? The name stays the same, the only thing that changes was the prefix to show that it was a different tier level (80 vs 85 for example).

Take: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124036 for example. 75-80 type 5 STR aug (elegant sulstone of the courageous)
    VS
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124054 which is the 80-85 type 5 STR aug (stalwart sulstone of the courageous)

Only thing that changes is the prefix. Elegant Sulstone of Courage vs Stalwart Sulstone of Courage

And for your type 9s: Sulstone of the Defender were your strictly shield augs

75-80: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124045 (elegant sulstone of the defender)
    80-85: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124063 (stalwart sulstone of the defender)

Again, Elegant vs Stalwart. Prefix determines level, suffix determines stats/slots

Such as Sulstones of the Hunter are Bow only augs. Doesn't matter what the prefix is. If it's a blah blah blah of the Hunter, it's going to be a Bow only aug.

It was very consistent and straight forward. There was no searching to be done if you knew what you were looking at. Not being rude, but i'm going to chalk this one up to you just not really paying attention to the augs. Once you had your desired "stats" - you kept the same suffixes and upped the prefixes (elegant to stalwart for example, then stalwart to extravagant, etc etc etc)
  12. Tucoh Augur

Which ones changed? It might've been patched but it was consistent for me.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

I like TBM but forgot about the bizarre armor. Obviously, I must not have liked it.
  14. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Some examples (See https://tbm.eqresource.com/pohealtharmoraugvendor.php for the full list)

Elegant Sulstone of the Vengeful (Required Level 75) - Haste: 42%, Attack: 6, bonuses to hstr, hsta, hagi, and hdex
    Stalwart (80) - Haste: 42% only
    Extravagant (85) - Haste 43% and bonuses to hstr, hint, hwis, hagi, and hdex
    Glorious (90) - Haste 43%, Attack 10, bonuses to hstr, hsta, hint, hwis, and hdex
    Regal (95) - Haste 43%, bonuses to hstr, hsta, hagi, hdex
    August (100) - Haste 43%, Clairvoyance 37, hstr, hagi, hdex
    Resplendent (105) - Haste 43%, Attack 14, Spell Damage 37, Clairvoyance 55, hsta, hint, hwis, hagi, hdex

That's totally jumping around with haste being the only consistent stat.

The "of the Resourceful" augs have less AC/HP and more Mana/End than other augs, and have attack, spell damage, and clairvoyance consistently until the Resplendent one at 105, when it only has attack (and the heroic stat bonuses are completely inconsistent). Those were clearly aimed at casters and anyone else that wanted more offensive spell power at the expense of defense, but then to suddenly leave off spell damage and clairvoyance on the highest level one and put it on the vengeful one that never had those before makes no sense. Most of the aug types have those kinds of inconsistencies. Like I said, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have picked a set of stats for each type and then stuck with it for all level tiers.
  15. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

See my reply to Tucoh. It is easy to compare the different level tiers quickly at the EQResource link. The type 5s were consistent, yes. As were the type 9 augs for weapons and shields. The weapon damage/proc augs (type 6) were fine also, as I recall. But the type 9 augs for general slots were a mess. It was like someone set the stats for each level tier on a different day for those augs and forgot some of what they did for the previous tier and didn't check it to make sure it was consistent.