Claws of Veeshan raid information.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Absor, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Would it be hard to give developers incentive to work 3 Saturdays, maybe give them Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off for working on Saturday? I am not suggesting making changes this late in the game but maybe for next year. I know that I would be ok trading a Saturday for a 3 day weekend.
    Jeraldo Rivera and Metanis like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When did they go live and will Feb and March be at the same time?
  3. smash Augur

Where I live it would be pretty expensive for them to get me to work during a weekend.

I have a work week of 36 hours, so for me to work on a weekend, they would have to:
    1: Pay me 24 hours of work,
    2: and additional just for that I am available
    3: 2 days free where I stil get paid

Now I am not working for DBG, so the workers situation in USA is worse, and they dont get that sort of payment.

But still will eat a chunk of profit from them.
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Paying people to come in on Saturday and giving an extra day off for only like 1 or 2 days in a year, not that much of an expence. It is not necessarily the only right solution, but any better ideas I would like to see.

Still people who really enjoy the 'race' want to experience a finished product. No one wants to have a server crash, nor a delayed or bugged instance be the deciding factor.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Zarkdon Augur

I work many Saturdays a year. It's happens in most careers at some point. If we are trying to make things fair we should release raids outside of tax return season. Poor accountants can't play at all.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

yeah, nothing competitive at all... keep telling yourself that.
    MageGuy and Coagagin like this.
  7. The real Sandaormo Augur

If something breaks it should break for everyone. The Aary fiasco should have never happened at launch. Broken for half the guilds, not for the other half. We followed the script and it bugged out every time. We on purpose didn't follow the script and we won easily.

From the sounds of it they got some new hires in there after the acquisition ( at least the rumor of new hires ). I wouldn't really want to see these guys work more, they just need the support and help with staffing that Darkpaw and Everquest deserve ( not having money ushered into another game that is less profitable with a smaller player base )
    Shindius and Ozon like this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

When are we reducing the health of the 3 golems before arbiter?
  9. Moege Augur

That one event has more than double the HP of the closest other event !
    34 Billion (arbitor) vs 17 Billion (zland). It is just absurd.

Cannot log it as a bug as that will be closed with the reason:
    This is feedback not a bug.
    Shindius, Zunnoab and Fenthen like this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

The insanely broken ghosting (heh)/pathing of the spectres most definitely is a bug though. Yes there are plenty of ways to work around it, but they clearly do not function properly. I wonder if they do when there is low server load. Then there's the "flip out and spam emotes for random people every few seconds" issue if the first person called doesn't make it to them in time.

And yeah not a bug, but that green golem really does not need more than two waves of adds, on the event's HP topic.
    Dalrek_MM, Syylke_EMarr and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Dalrek_MM Elder

I would think AB doesnt have a heavy server load (we dont lag out on events like some US servers can if raiding simoultaneously), but we definitely still have spectre issues with pathing and spectres not following their target etc. And I think we all agree the duration of this event is too long and the first 3 golems is just a waste of time
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EQ's pathing is not bugged, it's just very easily wrecked by any terrain that is not 100% flat.

1 pixel out of place & you get the extra funky pathing sending mobs to places like Narnia, Mordor, Giedi Prime, Hoth, and Midkemia they maybe go on a tour with the Beatles and the Four Tops as support acts before they come to you, often with new found friends. Or they get lost in the geometry and are forever banished to Outworld where they are doomed to fight Goro in a battle to death in the arena of pain - or something.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

That's literally a bug. I'm not sure how the inner workings of the game's pathing works. Some areas are clearly better than others.
  14. German Augur

You can out run the specs. Also as the event nears the end you might see lots of name changes really fast as if it were queued up and blew through finally. That could be by design or server side. Either way, its randomness adds the only excitement on that otherwise hit point sink of a fight.

Hug your enchanters, your charm and healers and keep your head on a swivel and you should survive it. Dragon glyph turns them into mosquitos.
  15. Coagagin Guild house cat

It works like any sophomore programming class working on the famous "Subway problem". In this case taking the direct route is generally the last route chosen. /s