Reason for thread lock

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by troogodor, Oct 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troogodor New Member

Hello, I'm curious what the reason for locking the thread about SG Botters is. I didn't seem to notice anything that would be breaking the forum rules. There was no dev/admin comment for perspective. Mind making one? ?:)
    Machen and Duder like this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

3. Nolrog Augur

Probably because from past experience, that thread will turn into a s*** show within a short amount of time.
    minimind and Skuz like this.
  4. Machen New Member

Even if that's true, if we aren't even allowed to speak of the SG botters any more, that's a problem.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Should know by now cheating is OK with DBG, what's not OK is getting noticed or bringing attention to the matter.

Hence why I went to the dark side on automation for our little trading empire. :rolleyes:
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I'll say it... Accendo is awful. He locks threads without a peep. How hard is it to post a comment before you lock a thread?

Mark my words, this post will get deleted.

7. suinegEQ Elder

I mentioned the botter by their user name here in the thread, my post was deleted and I was warned for it and then the thread was locked without explanation.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It's because you used the player's name.

Ignorance is no excuse. There are forum rules. You are expected to kinda know them and abide by them. If you need a copy look at the bottom of the page and you will see a link

this is the specific one

Naming/Accusing - Openly accusing another player or group of misbehavior results in non-constructive discussion and is not allowed. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not allowed. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please submit a ticket to Customer Service for investigation.
    Fanra and Skuz like this.
  9. suinegEQ Elder

I used their forum name on two forums.

I am well aware of why my post was deleted and why I received a warning. There was no complaint about that. With the offending post removed though the thread shouldn't need to be locked.
    aalith likes this.
  10. Accendo Guest

:eek: x 3

Posting on the forums about alleged in-game violations doesn't help anyone, nor does it get seen by the correct team and often leads to naming and shaming. More appropriately, if you feel someone is doing something in game that shouldn't be allowed or is considered cheating, that concern should be privately reported to Customer Service. They will investigate and handle it.

Please re-read: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?help/terms
    Rasper Helpdesk and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.