Bigger fellowship capacity.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veneshon, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Zunnoab Augur

But what good reason is there to oppose them increasing it other than "because it's this way now and change is bad?"

It's like the "don't want guilds within guilds" when a game like Guild Wars 2 allows you to be in multiple guilds at once. It's a circular argument from my perspective, with the argument itself being used as the reason the argument has merit.
    cadres likes this.
  2. cadres Augur

Fact: People use fellowships in different ways and different things about the fellowship paradigm are important to different people.
    I have a fellowship with 7 other friends
    That means not everyone can have an alt in; not everyone (we're all maxed AA etc) can share exp with their alt, not everyone's alt can campfire to pick up loot etc.
    Yes we could split into 2/more fellowships, but that rather negates the original point of having something for folks who group together

Reducing the number needed for a guild banner would work where alts etc are in 'personal' guilds, but not so much for very active raiding guilds

Yes people have asked for this before. I seem to recall a dev/someone stating that fellowship numbers would be increased, and then that just not happening.
    The fact that it keeps coming back tells us that this is something people really want.

I don't understand the 'guild within guilds'; thing - my 20/30/40 alts on 2/3/4 accounts are in no way a 'guild'. They can't/don't want to do what a guild does

So, this is something some people really really want and I'm not seeing a convincing argument why not. Seems perfectly legit for folk to come back and point that out
  3. Dre. Altoholic

imo just get rid of fellowships and make campfires a function of groups.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Power-levelers want that sweet vitality.
  5. Filter Augur

People want the increase for QOL. How many alts they have or don't have shouldn't matter to anyone and telling them to reduce it is plain waste of pixels (sarcasm or not). I have a lot of alts and would love to have 24 slots so I could actually have a friend or two in my fellowship as well. Now I can only have my 12 alts that I play occasionally (4 I play frequently) which isn't enough for me. This isn't to trick the system or be shady but there are a lot of us that love to make alts. Running the alts from A to B SUCKS and this helps out a lot. Sure someone can try to exploit it but this isn't going to hurt anything. Devs saying no because to this or that and digging in their heels is outdated thinking which doesn't surprise me. I deal with this daily in my profession and it follows me here which blows.
  6. Evye Augur

Would being able to join more than one fellowship help?
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Actually, that's a great idea that I'll steal and modify. How many of us had our campfire poof and didn't notice? For the last 30 minutes (standard campfire) it should smoke so we know it needs refreshing. :)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I was leveling a rogue a couple of years back. First time with fellowships. I loaded him up with Vitality and took him to The Grounds at 85. I killed for 30 minutes or so (maybe longer) and checked my experience. "Meh, not that great. Only 80% into the level." That's when I realized he was 80% into level 88, not 85 as I had assumed.
    Zunnoab and Tucoh like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Think its 6 hours the standard one lasts.
    A timer on the fellowship window for the campfire would be nice though.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's only being asked for out of sheer bold faced laziness, the existing system is fine for the purpose it was designed for - and it was not designed for your alt armies regardless of how madly you love vitality sharing or loathe swapping them in & out.:cool:

Want more than 12 then use a guild and guild banners.
    Tarvas likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

It is.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Skuz, some of us who aren't Boxers are asking for it too, and you are blatantly ignoring our needs when you make statements like this.

12 real people can share (and DO) share a fellowship, which leaves even 1 alt out of the mix for any of us. so we have a second fellowship for the alts, but then if 4 mains and 2 alts are playing, the 2 are unable to use the fellowship campfires.

I like the idea of making group campfires, then it doesn't matter if you are in the FS or not, you can get to your group and have fun.
    Zunnoab and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Yeah using vitality to level an 85 is ridiculous in 2021. If you've got a good 6 man group all dumping XP into a fresh heroic character, a good lessons burn + 5 minutes in FM to use that vitality or wherever will get them a few levels. I've gotten my new paladin to 100 now just from some sporadic lessons burn + hunter camps, am just waiting till next week to run him through ToV for that XP bonus.
    Accipiter likes this.
  14. Alnitak Augur

Don't just wait, prepare! Do Mercenary quests in ToFS and EW, just do not turn-in items to the questgivers. Do merc quest in Velks for gargoyles and orcs and postpone for spiders. Do group partisan tasks in GD and postpone the individual task. Do mercenary quests in GD for skellies and dervishes and do not do for wurms. Do the Partisan quests in EW for boars and Orctooth but postpone for Ada's search. Do Mercenary in Ry'gor and postpone turn-in for ore samples. Bite the bullet and do CC Partisan (which includes Mercenary) up to the point of last orb click.
    Do Partisan in Kael for Armsmith and Frost and postpone for agressive corpses. Do Mercenary 1 and 2 in Kael and postpone the last for soldiers.

This way you can finish up Champion progression in a couple of hours total during bonus time, and then just get 4 Heroic TA's (which usually offered alot during bonus) and get Icebreaker in a day or two, while you'll have another week to enjoy extra experience.
  15. demi Augur

here's what they need to do ..

remove the 20+ hour lockout on fellowships
    make it so 2 toons can drop a campfire
    make it so you can invite anyone into a fellowship regardless what zone they are in ..
    make campfires last 8 hours instead of 6..
    make it so we can join 2 fellowships and be able to click the CF clicky to either of the 2 fellowhips ..

with the above in place if you want to keep the fellowships at 12 thats fine with me .. but if not just increase it to 18 .. OMG
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The only reason people get upset is the vitality deal for alts, rather than ask for an increase to fellowships you may as well ask for vitality / xp sharing to be removed from fellowships and instead implimented for guilds - if anything guild wide it would benefit a whole lot more players - then the fellowship would just be for campfires.
  17. Elyssanda Bardbrain

that's all we use it for, the campfires for after deaths and dyings and yeah.. campfire back... since we are all on together, we don't worry about vitality.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't know how XP sharing works, but I assumed that if you have 1 person receiving vitality they get 100% of the shared XP and if you have 5 people sharing they each get 20%. If that's true (and I have no idea) then the fellowship cap is immaterial. Just musing.
  19. Alnitak Augur

Yes, something like that, the vitality is shared among all receiving members.
    And Vitality is limited in use - for lvl 115 leeches it is capped at about 200AA, which is earned pretty fast and then needs to get burned through, or it will get lost. Doing that for several alts at once is toon-management headache, so I usually have only a small number of Vitality leeches at a time.
    Vitality helps with PL'ing new alts, but not that important for lvl 115 toons. 200AA is not that massive amount to actually be a game-changer.

Campfire logistics is much more important for me and my guildmates. Zone come back after death, remote location traveling, zone-lock bypass, zone traveling flags etc. And the Empowered Campfire is quite useful too. I have 3 accounts, so I can't play more than 3 characters at a time, there is no solid reason why my team's bench is only limited to 12. Especially, if I actually want to add a friend of two, who, by the way, also have alts.

Guild banner doesn't solve problems for group experience for the guildmates (unless raiding). In my guild there is several groups doing their group stuff in various zones every evening. Who's group gets to plant the banner ? Especially Empowered banner?
  20. Tucoh Augur

Yeah, I wish they upped the AA cap, both for vitality and for stored AAs (which might be the same).

With my sixbox team getting multiple AAs per character per kill, spending all those AAs before they get capped is a chore, especially given how many thousands of AAs there are to spend on low-value passives/actives.