Expansions?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Willibik, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Willibik New Member

Which expansions are available to free access players and how do you go about getting others? If I go all access will I gain all of the expansions or just discounts on them?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Right now F2p has 25 of 27.

No you will not get the others if you go All Access

Expansions are purchased separately from your subscription. If you are subscribed you will get a discount, at least I did on the current ones on sale.

If you buy the one on sale right now it will give you the last 2. Or you can wait when the new expansion comes out and buy it which will also give you all of them you are missing

It would be a waste if you are not near level 100 at least to go with the other expansions. Since they are made for players level 110 and up so you can't really do much there if you are under those levels.
  3. Willibik New Member

OK, so I buy the current one on sale and I'll get all of the previous ones all the way back to Kunark?
  4. Ozon Augur

Correct, although the point CatsPaws was making is a new expansion is due to be released in about 2 months, if you preorder (probably end of this month) that one you will get all the current expacs, and the new expac, versus buying current expacs, and in a month or 2 buying the next expac, which will only give you the new expac.
  5. Willibik New Member

Does just creating an account give you any? (I feel really dumb atm)
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes.

Everyone (F2P, all-access, new accounts, everyone) gets all expacs from original to TBL.

So, every character can level up to 110. ToV and CoV (the two most recent expacs) are not free, so you must buy them. You can't buy ToV currently, only CoV, but it includes ToV. That lets chars level to 115 (among other things, obviously).

When the new expac comes out in December (ToL?), buying it will grant you ToL, CoV and ToV. It will allow chars to level to 120 (we think, not sure if that's confirmed yet).

So, you have three options:
    1 - stand pat, and you have everything through TBL
    2 - Buy CoV now (which is on sale for 25% off, I believe), and have all current expacs
    3 - Wait til December*, and get ToL, granting you all expacs

* - It may go on sale in late October, and buying it then would grant you CoV and ToV right away, and then ToL once it goes live

What you don't want to do is buy CoV now, and then also buy ToL in a month or two.

As to if/when ToV will become free, it may happen next April/May, but there's no guarantee of that.
    Ozon likes this.
  7. Visitor Augur

Just for info, if you are 72 or higher, the buffs from TOV and or COV will land on you, so for there is no great need to get current xpacs, unless you want to group with some one in the zones of the newest.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the list of what you get free when you create an account:

It sounds as if you are just starting so I would take the suggestion that we are making and just play in these expansions until you decide if you like the game.
    It will be a while before you will be of a level to play in the last two
    Randomized likes this.
  9. Randomized Augur

Correct. It gives you all expansions up to the one you buy :)
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Technically, no, you're just getting ToV and CoV. You (and everyone else) already automatically has everything from Original through TBL.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If I were you, I would wait a bit with buying expansions and preorder the upcoming "Terror of Luclin", sometime next week?

You get CoV and everything earlier when you preorder, and don't have to worry about expansions for a year, as you get ToL automatically when it is released.