Fall Fun question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozon, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Ozon Augur

On the announcement for Fall fun it says:

Finally, on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and lasting until Monday, October 25, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. PDT, you'll get to soak up 150% experience gains.

Just to clarify is this real math 150% (ie 1+1.5 bonus per kill) or is this EQ math (ie 1.5 per kill).

Thanks
  2. Riou EQResource

1.5 per kill
    Herf likes this.
  3. Filter Augur

or 50% more exp. Love how their marketing team likes to make it sound better than it is. I'll take it but just say it correctly in the first place please.
  4. Ozon Augur

Kind of thought so. I get that percentage is confusing, but can we please start stating it correctly going forward?

"you'll soak up 50% extra experience per kill"
    Herf likes this.
  5. Gialana Augur

It is stated correctly, but it could be clearer. It also doesn't help that they switch between stating the bonus and stating the total experience for various bonus experience periods.
    Ozon and Herf like this.
  6. MageGuy MageGuy

Different way of describing for sure. Like he did with the rare bonus at "200%", which just meant was double the normal chance.
    Ozon likes this.
  7. Froglok Augur

8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

We discussed this with the previous Community Relations person and he worked out going with the "50% bonus" = 1.5x normal, which makes the most grammatical sense (saying 150% bonus in that case is wrong as the 'bonus' is 50% over normal).

With Accendo, he is doing it his way.

Same thing with stuff like times (using 00:00 is better than saying 12 midnight), and other issues. As someone with OCD (and an amateur programmer), I tend to get annoyed when someone is not precise or does not go with the most clear and simple ways. But the people at Daybreak don't work for me. :cool:
    CrazyLarth likes this.