Request: Guild Leaders of Guild Neighborhoods to evict players no longer in the guild

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Warpeace Augur

The most likely change I guess will be they change the description on the Writ and call it a day.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Agreed.

But keep in mind, there is no 'forcing'. Once the writ is consumed, the plots are created as 'up for grabs'. Nothing requires the GL to put money in escrow.

In the case Yinla brought up about not being GL but being in charge of housing for the guild. The GL doesn't have to put money in to each plot. Anyone they assign/agree to have to do it can go and buy up those plots, at any point, or not.

It's a lot of technical detail to put in the description in any case.

Those of us that know EQ like we do, should know that when a description is slightly vague, you are going to have to figure out how the finer details 'Manifestly Do Work', not how you think they 'should work'.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Lol, so we need them to introduce a housing manager rank into guild ranks.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Also agreed. It is LOL worthy, the existing guild neighborhood requires such micromanagement the way it has always existed.

They could code a solution, I still doubt it.

Buying all the plots is something I suggested three years ago too. See my sig from then, I prefer to call the rank Real Estate Strategist.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

You are limited to owning 3 plots. So... 68 of them unclaimable by 1 person. It takes 24 people to fill a neighborhood.
    Allayna and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Unless they have alts and then it it limitless. I am 1 person and I fill my neighborhood lol. But that is extreme

And it would depend on the guild if they allow alts to do housing
    demi and MasterMagnus like this.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Both of you make good points.

I think it's clear we aren't talking about every single plot though. As right from the start, several plots will be taken by officers and members that are 'housing hungry' shall we say.

And you can ignore plots that aren't in 'prime spots' close to the neighborhood ports, or any visual things you'd like to stay unobstructed.

I think with 1-4 people in charge of housing, using alts they could cover most guilds needs.

It sure is a bunch of detail to collate and plan around, just to take full control of the neighborhood you already paid for.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Regardless of intentions they actually state on the product description in marketplace that only guilded players will be able to have houses in the zone. And any reasonable interpretation would be that once you are out of the guild you cant have a house in the guild zone. At the very least this was misleading and at worst a complete lie.

Or did they never bother to figure out what happens when folks leave a guild? Get the product out and people buying it then we will fix it... maybe. :)
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Isn't that limit per toon so each toon has three houses or is that per account?
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

It's per character... but the amount of time required to log in alternate guilded characters on the same account, and you're still going to need 3-4 accounts worth to make this happen.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

OP, I remember a friend played. She had viliges of houses.. all custom done. I would help her 'fine tune' every plot and had access to all of the I wanted. I don't know what happened to her but they were the best creations you could imagine.
    You should see it now. There is one Evantil's Abode left. It is the only thing left out of all the plots she had.

You should be thankful you show houses.
  12. demi Augur

you are not alone :p alts are the debil
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. demi Augur

Not an issue when you have 13 accounts and 80 -90+ Alts/mules and climbing every year :p
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.