Request: Guild Leaders of Guild Neighborhoods to evict players no longer in the guild

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as the writ stays with the person who purchased it and not with the guild leader I could deal with that. I'm not dragging my guild leader out to the neighbourhood everytime I find a plot that needs an eviction .

I'm not a guild leader but I do look after the housing side of things. The last time a I purchased a guild neighbourhood (after someone complained the neighbourhood was full) there were at least 10 plots that were owned by someone no longer in the guild. We only created the guild 3 years ago I'd hate to think how many other guilds have.

After purchasing a new plot it was half full within a week. That was how many people were being blocked from purchasing a plot in our guild neighbourhood.

I got an eviction notice for my plot 2 weeks ago, I droped 100K pp in the escrow, plot is now active for 21 years. I could do the same for all the other plots in the neighbourhood, it is only 7 million after all. But that is a lot of messing around for anyone wanting a guild plot.

Non guild members on guild plots is a problem that will only get bigger with time. This isn't a guild leader issue, this is all of the guild being blocked from plots from players no longer guilded.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Fair enough. Agreed.

Problem is ...Free Rent Houses don't work with '90 days', to the game they look paid forever, and the only way to change that is lift the house off the plot.

The beauty of the approach I advocated is, it doesn't have to worry about any of that. The plot and everything with it (houses, escrow, access list, stored things) gets moved, not evicted.

For coding they are just copying something from one place to another, rather than checking a bunch of things and doing a bunch of packing functions.

It might actually be the easier, less bug prone way to do it. Who knows with this code. Not even sure anyone that actually works there cares to delve into it.

**edit**
    But I guess you handle that by not letting people place free rent houses. As I mentioned earlier.

Point is, there is a way to solve it, with no code changes. It requires the person who paid for the writ to do a bunch of micromangement and investment into the Real Estate. Shouldn't have to, but kind of the way it is, I'm thinking.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Sorry, there’s an eviction moratorium in effect due to covid 19, don’t evict me.
    Elyssanda, demi and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm maybe they just don't want non guilded folks in their neighbourhood or want the spot for an active player. Really don't need any more reason then that.
    Fenthen and Elyssanda like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To play devils advocate it seems the issue more not enough plots in general instead of just not being able to remove people who are no longer members or no longer play. Showing that there was that many players looking to get a guild plot shows that just removing some players would still leave others without a plot.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed that when a person leaves a guild they get moved to a non guild zone.

And I also suspect they won't do anything because they don't want to piss folks off. And they probably do not track who actually bought a guild zone.

Personally I would go after then on false advertising.

And I quote from the Marketplace
    "Consuming this item will bind a neighbourhood to your guild. Only people in your guild will be able to own plots within this neighbourhood. NOTE - The neighbourhood belongs to the GUILD and not to the person that uses this item. You may have more then one neighbourhood per guild."

Daybreak says only guild members will be able to own plots and not former members. Have to be honest I wasn't expecting that wording considering how it actually works.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

Not quite - it's 90 days after your escrow has expired. Not "just" offline.

The Evantil's Abode, Hermit's Hideaway, Hive of the Bixie and maybe The Wayward Lady - all give negative upkeep which makes them free to place. They say they have a daily upkeep cost of 42pp-, but I think it works out to be negative 42pp.

[IMG]
    Jumbur likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes all the special houses that came with premium expansions are free to maintain. It wipes out the plot rent too. So it doesn't matter if one has paid a gazillion years, these type of houses will never face eviction.

Each neighborhood has 71 plots. That is not very many for a large guild. Most large guilds own more than one hood

The only fair way would be to evict based on guild status. That way it is not based on outside factors like "just cause". Kick them out of the guild and they should get evicted.

Since that is the way its supposed to be and is written that way then why isn't everyone demanding they fix the bug allowing non guild members to still have houses in the guild neighborhood.

That is all that is needed. Fix the bug. Problem solved.

Until a ton of players get evicted for no reason cause of another bug (has happened) or guild hall wipes (also happened)

Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But is it a bug? Unless we hear from a developer about what was intended for plots after the person leaves the guild it isn't fair to say it is a bug. For all we know it is intended that people are not kicked out of the area after they leave the guild and the only restriction is on purchasing a plot.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. demi Augur

I agree that once a person is de-guilded they should have an reasonable amount of time say 90 days .. that gives 3 months if that person doesnt come back by then , then I feel the GL should be able to pack up their stuff and mail it back to them ..

also , I read this solution above and it sounded like an ok solution .. why not have the GL own all plots have the GL actually put money in every plot (doesnt have to be 100k each) but 25 to 50k per plot should give at least a year then when someone wants a plot the guild leader gives him/her access to do everything with the plot except put or pull upkeep out , that way if a member gets booted or they are gone for 90 days the GL can go to plot (after 90 days, and hopefully GL will respect that time limit) take out his upkeep and then the plot will pack up after 90 days or the GL can just mail/parcel everything back to ex member..

that way GL has control over who places a plot and for how long .. even if they put a unlimited house on there GL is still the only one who has control over plot .. Under Access tab the GL can give access to that person and allow that person to do anything with the plot but add or remove upkeep .. which is just unchecking the lil boxes..
    MasterMagnus and Fenthen like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like a mess if guild leadership ever changes or the guild leader stops playing.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A bit off topic...
    If they added a way to use house-trophies without taking up a house plot, I think we wouldn't have this problem(or at least not to this extent).

In my guild, our raidforce is encouraged to use trophies on difficult raids. Looking at our guild village(s) it is clear that some of them aren't really "into" housing.
    I think many people would trade their plot for a bigger "dragon's hoard", if they could still use trophies.

It might even tax the servers less that way...:)
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

its funny watching mastermagnus go full agro whenever this subject is brought up
    Allayna and Fenthen like this.
  14. demi Augur

thats where the Usurp command comes in that they just implemented recently .. where someone else can take over guild if the GL goes awol ..
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The leader has to be missing for a year and requires a senior officer to use it. An officer can use it though if no senior officer has been on for a year. In a worst case situation it can be significant amount of time where there is no ability to use the guild property depending on when the last time the leader and a senior officer logged in.
    demi and Nennius like this.
  16. Maedhros High King

I would still like a vector to remove a player who is no longer in the guild even if it wasn't an evict button.
    A player who deguilded and hasn't played in 5 years had 9 plots between him and his alts and they are all still there in one of my guilds neighborhoods. They don't have any of the fancy houses so I guess he just dumped a buttload of plat in the escrow. I can't imagine how long that took him. When I go around once a year or so to pay up on all my alts plots for the next year it takes a considerable amount of time!

I'd be pleased if a 90 day countdown started when a person de-guilded or was removed, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Ultimately I would rather see Dev time put into fixing bugs or improving lag/game play or adding more content.

I think my guild is up to 4 neighborhoods now and I have decided it isn't worth my energy to care about the 2 or 3 dozen plots that are being squatted on.

Sometimes you gotta decide which sword to fall on and this doesn't seem like it.
    Fenthen and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. demi Augur

I thought there was a law that stated if a person squats on a property/plot for a specified length of time then that plot then becomes the squaters for eternity ;)
    Maedhros likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Not trying to start argument on this topic again. But want to mention something.

In this context 'OWN A PLOT' means Controlling the plot from here forward, until you relinquish the plot by letting escrow lapse.

Once you 'Own the plot' your guild status doesn't matter, you are still the sole controller of the plot, because you are the sole 'Owner'.

Which is why I suggest, the writ owner should put money into escrow of every plot, so they are the sole owner of every plot, and only give access to members who want to use the plot. Always retaining the ability to remove currency from escrow, or lift houses off the plot (before /guildremoving someone).
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Except there is no writ owner and it is just an object associated with the guild. The writ can be bought by anyone in the guild and if they leave the guild it stays with the guild. Also if the guild leader transfers ownership the writ still stays with the guild and nothing happens to it. Finally if the guild disband the writ is lost regardless of what the person who bought it wants.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Warpeace Augur

I say your TRYING to making two very selective arguments.

Reading the Writ I would say they should not be allowed to remain since it is specifically worded "ONLY PEOPLE IN YOUR GUILD WILL BE ABLE TO OWN PLOTS WITHIN THIS NEIGHBERHOOD". The writ would appear to supersede the plot, since without it there is no plot. Lose guild membership and you should forfeit the lot and receive all your escrow and items back.

It does not say former member or some hobo that snuck in under the cover of night. Its wording is specific since the plot is part of the writ.

Second there is no writ owner once it is consumed, it is bound to the guild.

If you force the writ owner...also know as the guild leader to buy every plot it would also be reasonable for them to charge double or triple rent, if they wanted.

Another option would be for the guild leader to automatically have co-owner writes to every plot in guild housing. But that could cause issues with things coming up missing if they become spiteful.
    Yinla, Fenthen and MasterMagnus like this.