Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta)

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Ofearl, Sep 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fintank Augur

The only way paladins can keep respectable DPS vs Pure DPS classes is if they can keep Blessing of the Faithful up for the whole event and that coinciding with long events. That's just to be in the ballpark too, not to be neck and neck. There are SEVERAL classes able to sustain 1M give or take 100k over 10-15 minute periods. On live targets Paladins are not one of them. Lag can certainly be a factor as well in regards to pseudo pumping certain classes and dragging others down a good bit.

Paladins definitely need a live DPS boost, or lacking that SK's/Wars to be brought down to earth. (I prefer option 2, Tankquest is annoying). I definitely wouldn't advocate against boosts based off your lack of results from your guildmates.
    Fenthen and Chaosflux like this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

We can do good if the event is lagged out so bad most people are doing nothing but passive auto attack dps though!
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Alot of that has to do with how stagnant our passive abilities are, how fast combat pacing is which makes healing reactively, like we traditionally were exceptional at, to become a detrimental tactic.

Some of that HP bar bounce can be alleviated by keeping Protective recourse going, and pulsing the Honor line on or close to on recast for the threshold, but thats not always a sustainable playstyle because there are other things we need to be casting additionally.

If they are going to keep the recourses lower in value, which i suspect what would be nice is if they added a doom triggered heal at fade of the respective recourses, because we desperately need self healing at the source of damage since our other passives are so far behind in relation to damage outputs. This would have the negative side effect of even further increasing the skill threshold though.
    Stephen51 likes this.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Well I am sure the other 7 players on Zek are super amused with your elite paladin play.

Maybe those of us playing on servers that actually have enough players to clear expansions above the bottom 20 have different experiences, you know playing with actual players, who play competitively that our experiences are extremely different.

Post logs then, let's see your 1m++ dps on 1200s+ parses on 100% live mobs, because there are several classes that can put that out, that you are alleging you can beat.

Don't come in here with some "oh I can exploit a known bug to own 30 mobs at once in GD" crap and act like that is indicative of actual play
    Lubianx likes this.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Like we went 4 pages of solid solid suggestions, paladins from a myriad of playstyles, guild make ups, and skill levels contributed some really good suggestions, some other classes as well, nobody really had a scrap of negative feedback.

Then you come in here acting as some kind of super saiyan paladin authority trying to dismiss all of those amazing suggestions, predicated on nonsense. Its frankly ludicrous and outlandishly disrespectful to people who have been grinding along with this class through good times and bad times for decades, when you by your own admission have only been playing your paladin for a year.

Like you think we can't figure out how to turn attack on? Give me a break.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.