I would pay x for y (monetization ideas for EQ, FQ fun)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

I would pay $20 - $50 to be able to transfer toons between accounts again....
  2. Tucoh Augur

I'd pay $5 per account for a new hardcore-heritage type zone with current expansion++ difficulty and hunter achievements.
  3. cadres Augur

me too...
    Palladine likes this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'd pay $10 to be able to stomp out other player's campfires. Yes, I'm mean.
    Nennius, Angahran, Coagagin and 2 others like this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

I would pay collector's edition price or higher for an expansion the size of the early good old days, or even another TSS.
    Wdor, IblisTheMage and Elyssanda like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wouldn't pay more for anything EQ related. It's clear EQ brings in much more money then it costs them to run so at this point they should be looking for free bonuses to give us not looking for ways to squeeze a bit more blood out of us.

I get it, its an old game and yes I am happy it is still going strong. But any sort of price increase even for optional items is foolish. Daybreak should be happy they still have a player population at this point instead of trying to squeeze more cash out of us. Think of some free bonuses to give us.

At this point until they say something I am assuming they big bosses are just greedy and want more cash out of EQ. It would be nice to think they are trying to fund a new 64 bit client but I doubt it.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't subscribe to the "cash cow" viewpoint. That opinion is gaining momentum as of late.

What we can all agree is that any investment and progress in the game is being poorly communicated.

We should get a quarterly update on the direction of the game (i.e. new hires, focus for the game, expansion information and teasers, even status update on a possible 64-bit client).
  8. demi Augur

IF they ever came out with a huge expansion like they did with HoT, VoA or RoF .. and also it MUST include a gate clicky key ring , Nimbus keyring , more bank space, additional character slots/account additional housing plots per toon .. a few illusions/mounts/merc contracts/ exp potions and 3 44 slot bags if they came out with that I would pay 250 to 300 bucks for an expansion that size with all those bells and whistles .. and it better not be locked behind progression ..

OH p.s > I would pay $50 bucks if you would put the Heirloom tag on the aspect of the brood illusion that is sitting in my /claim window .. or put it in marketplace and i'll buy 2 or 3 of them .. thats $150 bucks easily for you DPG ..
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would pay for a subscription, if they don't let their greed affect gameplay...:p
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

I would pay 10 usd a month for a 20% xp bonus, like the perk, but only one effect (I don’t want a bunch of different benefits from a perk, just one focused benefit pr perk). It would help catching up…
    Leerah likes this.
  11. demi Augur

and it would stack with any ZEM or bonus or pot/Lesson
    Leerah and IblisTheMage like this.
  12. Revalla New Member

"I would pay $5 to be able to play 2 chars on 1 account. Make me a perk!"
    I would pay that also as would many boxers that I play with ..
  13. Revalla New Member

"I would pay $5 to be able to play 2 chars on 1 account. Make me a perk!"
    I would pay that also as would many boxers that I play with ..
  14. demi Augur

a double post just makes you Perkier :D
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I would pay for an enhanced keyring that includes teleport and lots of other item categories

Would also pay extra per month for an enhanced 64-bit STABLE client that would allow me to control my boxed alts, or in other words, make my own boxes my mercs
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Froglok Augur

I am still hoping that a new Keyring is part of the next expansion. They still need one for Portal Items, Nimbus Items and hey, what about actual key items, Weapon / Shield Ornaments and / or novelty items?

While Dragon Hoard gave us more storage space... yo can't access items on the fly like you can with a key ring.

I'd also like to see bigger key rings, particularly for Familiars and Hero's Forge (the 250 cap is not enough for either of those).
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. Leerah Augur

I would pay $40 for a port statue to FM for the GGH. The player who bought the extra statue moved to another server and we don't have a statue. We needed back rewards sold in Marketplace and we needed it yesterday!
    Foaming likes this.
  18. Kounterchrome New Member

Okie I'll bite...5 to 10 for in house boxing software, I'll throw in 3 extra all access accounts as well.
  19. FrozenWater Augur

I would pay for 40-slot collectible bags (the same as tradeskill bags).
    Wdor likes this.
  20. Fell Augur

I would pay triple the normal sub price for access to an entirely non-monetized server.
  21. Bigstomp Augur

I would pay double what I pay now, if cheaters on my server were removed, and never came back.
    Make it triple if we could get a GM looking at things in semi real time.
    Nennius likes this.