EverQuest Perks Delayed...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Crystilla Augur

Ely, never let someone who doesn't understand the love we have of tradeskills (and why keeping stuff on us versus spending 30-60 minutes moving stuff around any time the mood hits us is important).

/hugs

Fellow tradeskill addict!
    Wdor and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Froglok Augur

Well... I am on the fence about these "Perks."

As a long long time Player, I fully understand that funds must come in... and come in regularly... to keep this game going. To that end, I am not necessarily against this. Surely it will bring in regular funds from Lifetime members, once again.

So, I will likely subscribe for 2, maybe all 3, of them.

However, I also believe they constantly miss the boat with revenue using the Marketplace. Example, the recent Expansion Bonus Item packages, instead of selling the individual items. After all, only a few of the items are likely of interest to the masses. Due that, that, they are not likely to buy it at all. If they sold the individual items at a reasonable price (say $10), those items of interest would probably have sold a LOT. Example, I wanted the Brell's Token for every toon. That would have gave been $130 in sales, instead of the $80 one pack was selling for.

Currently, they are selling the CoV expansion options at "25%" off. With a new expansion due soon, that always INCLUDES past expansions, this doesn't make much sense, except with the versions that have bonus items. And 50% off would make way more sense.

Many things are "archived" rather than having an automated Marketplace rotation (say 2-week rotation) for all such items (at least the ones that are not offered via Overseer now). It also seems that they forget to offer seasonal Marketplace when the seasonal events are active.

Additionally, they have never once, that I have seen, given a legit answer as to why we can't pay to transfer characters from one account to another, so long as it can be verified that we own both accounts. How much harder can that be than transferring to another server?
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well put. There are lots of things for sale in the Marketplace, but there could be so much more for sale. I do wonder why they haven't gone "all in" for it.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. demi Augur

Usually when something is not answered is because they dont know the answer .. meaning they prolly dont have the knowledge to fix what is broken in the transfer process .. and instead of them coming out and saying that they keep quiet about it or just flat out say no without giving a reason why ..
  5. Palladine New Member

I think they've scrapped the perks tbh but just haven't let us know yet
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I had that same feeling.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I hope so :)
    Jumbur and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

YOU ALL NEED HELP!

:D

I can see how 2 extra bag slots work for you.
    I don't see anything being part of expansion unlocks or AA's to be a subscription ' perk '.

I erased the full comment, as it was off thread topic @@
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Good idea.
  10. demi Augur

I hope so , and I'm hoping they just add the 2 inventory slots in with the upcoming expansion ToL .. :p
  11. Kinadorm Augur

The inventory slots should be an expansion feature and the larger traders bags should just be added to the game for everyone.

Change Merchant's Perk to be more like the others with something like:
    10% Bonus Skill-Up Chance
    10% Bonus Salvage Chance
    10% Discount on Vendor Purchases
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

eh, vendor purchase discount would be hazardous. just find the right TS combine and bots might be able to make infinite plat if there is any vendor recipe that currently is under 10% loss.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

The amount of platinum floating around in this game makes tradeskills not worth doing. Even trash mobs in ToV are dropping 100+pp each corpse. It's not hard to farm 50-200mil a year in just corpse coin and vendor garbage.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect all the talk of how folks could use the never never lose a level on death perk had them back to the drawing boards.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Possibly more than just that.

Account bonuses are disabled on TLP server
    Tradeskills change how they work from 300 - 350.
    Items are already being placed in one of the inventry slots if it is on the curser when you camp/ld

There are possibly more issues.
  16. Froglok Augur

Maybe? I do know that in the past year there was a bug that caused Characters to disappear. As I understood it from Dev comments, what happens was that the characters became disconnected from the account they belonged to. They fixed in speedy fashion (as in same day.... hours... minutes even) by a simple message to a Dev by telling them what toon was missing from your account, but reconnecting the toon to your account. It made me wonder... if a toon can be disconnected from and an account and very quickly connected to an account... it sure seemed like moving a toon from Account A to Account B would be pretty simple.

Another theory was fraud concerns. If so, a process of verification should resolve that, no?
    Stymie likes this.
  17. Froglok Augur

I can't help but wonder if the Perk delay is due to one of the features of the Challenger Perk... due issues / conflicts with game mechanics?

Maybe the one where you will not lose a Level upon death?
  18. Kinadorm Augur

If they do go ahead with perks they should at least make them purchasable with DBC so all-access members can get them with the 500 monthly grant.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

Really? I would think that would be pretty niche. Losing a level on death is a really archaic design for an MMORPG these days as far as I'm aware. I'm surprised they didn't just scrap it altogether earlier.

What DOES concern me is what they might do to Overseer. What I like about Overseer is it is a means to get your experience buffer back, which I imagine is great for tanks who are very disproportionately affected by the experience loss on death. I hope they don't take a sledgehammer to Overseer experience all because over a period of many weeks people can level up to the new level cap with it. Or worse, take a sledgehammer to it to "encourage" people with lower play time to pay them more money to not lose levels on death.

I see a lot of chatter talking as if they make more than enough money from EverQuest. Are people sure of that? I always assumed it's a very old game that they need as much as possible to keep running. It's why I buy the outrageous "collector" expansions because I no longer have a monthly fee and I want to give something back to the game. I see it as voluntarily giving the game more money.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Since EG7 took over Daybreak we are seeing much more in regards to financials so we have gotten to see EQ relative to the other daybreak games. If I remember it was DC Universe and then EQ in terms of most profit.

They could have delayed the perks for other reasons but I doubt it had anything to do with how they were received. Could be a tech issue too I guess.
    Elyssanda likes this.