EverQuest Perks Delayed...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Do you developers care that a majority of players don't believe this is a good idea to add funds for features that should be in expansion purchases like in the past??

Do you see players don't agree to add monthly fees as it may lead to further pay to win monthly fees?

Do you have any say on the reaction from us players on the topic or are you just going to slam it into the game and treat us like we don't exhist?

This is not a question of players, this is a question to the team.

Basically, I don't see any replies or comments of care what Daybreak thinks on our feedback.
    Jumbur, cadres and Duder like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, not seeing any of the perks listed which have ever been added to an expac before.

Permanent XP/TS/MercXP gain? More coin, more alt currency, not losing a level?

None of these sound anything like a feature that's been added to an expac.

The lone exception is the two new inventory slots. But, let's be serious, the only players that will help are TLPs and other low level chars or new players who haven't already gathered up a supply of big bags.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Shared bank was literally the selling feature of LoY.
    Wdor, Duder and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Not in my recollection. LoY was a huge relief after overpowered PoP. Server slackers (myself included) could grind in LoY much easier than in PoP and get decent rewards. Very popular expansion at the time, shared bank slots was just a sweet bonus.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

2 slots I can toss 2 more 44 slot bags into? That will help me immensely. Ask anyone who knows me, I love to tradeskill.. I can always use more bag -space..

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Yes, these are my normal every day play bags.. Yes, I may have a problem.
  6. Alnitak Augur

Nope, you DEFINITELY have a problem. Rat-packing OCD. Gets cured with unlimited storage space. The D in ocd becomes less of a D, becomes just a mild inconvenience.
    Wdor likes this.
  7. Randomized Augur

But can we take a minute and appreciate the organization that went into that? Haha
  8. demi Augur

Umm have you heard of housing ? can own 3 houses which can give you 500 extra storage 300 of which can be anything .. thats an extra 900 extra storage slots for anything ..

and then once those are filled up .. i'll talk to you about Alts , those also can have houses each :p ;)

dont forget about the Dragon Hoard

Oh did i mention if you have a few alts you can also make a Guild , that will add in another 400 ? forget how many you get with guild storage.. you see what im getting at here ..

the next NHA* meeting : Hello my name is " Elyssanda " and I'm a hoarder !! :D

* Norathian Hoarders Anonymous
    Wdor likes this.
  9. Duder Augur

Just you wait. I bet Ely's Houses and Dragon's Hoard, and alt's banks and houses and hoards are exactly like the bags in those screenshots ;)
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I bet you were happy when they put the "find" key in for inventory;)

I prefer housing also. That way it alphabetizes itself.

But what is worse? All those bags or 17 alts with plots and houses just for tradeskill, HF Armor, etc
    Elyssanda likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah. Housing ftw.

But, we have a perfect example counter to the OP. We KNOW people like Ely will be getting the perk for the extra two inventory slots. So that's more $$ for EQ :)
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Exactly, that was my point
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't think DBG is introducing perks in order to improve the game for the players, they are doing it to earn easy money.

And if it will remove fair play by giving rich players an advantage, then that is a sacrifice they are willing to make.
  14. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Aeonblade and Randomized like this.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I have 14 alts on Elys account, 12 on Kata's.. (Ely has 3 houses so does Katarite).. Kata's main house has collection items and droppable items like ornaments & Rk 2 spell gems, and I've been allowing returning players to plunder helping them catch up.

I Filled Ely's dragon's hoard with all of her weapons ornaments that there is no keyring for.. as a dual wielder most of mine are in pairs..
    /Pushes for Weapons Ornaments Keyring
    /Pushes for Teleport Clicky Keyring

Whilst most of my friends have done tradeskills to 300-350, most of them don't enjoy them like I do.. so I tradeskill for many of them, all I ask is they cover cost of vendor items. I'm still making conflagrant level items for some of their alts. normally Ely carries at least the last 2 expansions base materials in her bags at any given time. I have made TS items between targets on raid nights when people win a nugget.. or at the end of the night, I'll say ok, who needs what made for their nuggets from tonight? and make stuff for people..

I Vendor Dive daily. .somedays nothing.. some days .. well I found 4k+ extravagant silks on a vendor one day. I've played EQ forever, been a tradeskiller forever, so When I see something like Black Bees on a vendor, I remember how hard that was to come by back in the day, so I snap them up in a hurry. this explains why I have so much stuff and why I keep it organized.. and why I pay for premium Magelo access with extra game slots.. it makes it MUCH easier to find things when I forget who has what..

And my level of Analretentativeness isn't as bad as another tradeskiller I know. I've seen her bags, and they make mine look like a disaster.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

and the bags of an ogre warrior I know, when I log him in and fix his full bags. he lets me take all the TS mats I want. he keeps trying to make me take some Plat too .. but so far he loses that battle.
  17. Axel Furry Hats OP

More $$ for EG7, not for EQ. Let's make that perfectly clear. EQ pays for itself 5x over and is the company's biggest earning game even without these stupid perks. These will not go into improving the game, they already have more than enough funds for that. These perks are only going to be a bad thing for the overall health of the game. Want to support the game to make it better? Stop rewarding poor behavior on the side of the company. Change is in the power of the consumer.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I wouldn’t admit to violating the EULA on the forums.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Want to level up my AP? :p
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I give away supplies daily to people working on theirs. That's one thing I won't do more than once.
    Coagagin and Shanarias like this.