Thornblade to Mischief merge happening?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MR1470, Sep 29, 2021.

1. MR1470 New Member

Hi,

Has anyone heard if Thornblade will be merging with Mischief anytime soon? I know that was the original plan but no timetable was given, and the population is gettin pretty low.

I have heard that there are usually merges happening at certain times of the year but I dont believe this should fall under that category as this server was meant for overflow.

They should atleast offer free transfers _from_ thornblade.

A dev answer on this would be nice. :)

Thanks!
  2. Kahna Augur

I can tell you exactly what the dev answer will be.

There are no plans to merge the two servers at this time, but we will keep an eye on things and if the situation changes, address it as needed.

Or something along those lines.
    SithWizard, Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are going to to have to wait until the expansion is completed and launched and their xmas break finished before the devs will even look at this issue I reckon.

Ask again in late January.
  4. Captain Video Augur

Devs have already answered this, more than once: Server merges will only take place in the designated server merge window on their development schedule, which is in the May-June time frame. That's the earliest it could happen. There has been no commitment to merge Mischief and Thornblade so far, it might not happen ever.

Edit: Thornblade's population is lower than Mischief, but it is not unmanageably low. There are plenty of players on Thornblade (including me) who would not want to merge. Paid transfers are available at any time.
    Sera likes this.
  5. Numiko Augur

I would say as long as Thornblade has at least one guild clearing content in era no merger will happen.
  6. Xhartor Augur

That's probably only going to happen if one of the servers start sporting coirnav level of population. This isn't something that can seriously be considered until population drop off a lot more.

Anyways there is at least 1 guild using the decrease OW competition on Thornblade to port raid loot to Mischief to sell. The server transfer add an additional cost of business for them.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

The only other reference we have for (modern) sister TLP servers merging is Ragefire/Lockjaw and that didn't happen for years, but both servers still had active populations when they finally did pull the pin.
  8. Machen New Member

It's not really a valid comparison. They might well have chosen to merge them sooner if they could have, but the technology didn't exist for most of Lockjaw's lifespan.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Fair enough, but the point was more of a rebuttal to the person who suggested they would wait until Thornblade had 0 active guilds clearing content, when history shows they will merge servers with active guilds if it makes sense,
    Skuz and Machen like this.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

If they do merge it will likely be in the May-July timeframe of a given year. They probably won’t get significant advanced notice of if and when they’re considering it because doing so will exacerbate population problems for the smaller server and discourage people from using paid transfers ahead of the move.
  11. Abundant Elder

This seems fairly accurate.