New expansion pre order question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

If I order the basic expansion, go into Beta and decide I want to get the additional benefits of the next level (as in, a port clickie sends me halfway through the zones and is actually useful)... am I able to upgrade that basic pre order? Do I have to cancel the basic one and buy a medium level one?

How does that work?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you buy during the pre order period there is usually a special item you will get no matter which versions you buy.

But, you are stuck with the version you pre order and cannot upgrade during Beta, That is because it is a pre order

You can however upgrade once Beta is done.

If you buy after the beta you will only pay the cost minus what you already paid. So if you bought the $40 pre order and then after wanted the $100 package then you would only pay $60 since you already paid the $40
    Randomized likes this.
  3. demi Augur

you would be able to upgrade .. you already pre-ordered so you have that no matter what .. you'll just have to wait possibly till the pre-order time frame is over then just upgrade from basic to whatever you want .. you may not even have to wait .. you might be able to just upgrade right then and there sense your card is charged right away ..
  4. Randomized Augur

Edit: Never mind, I missed the part where my question was answered already
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

So is Beta typically over on launch day of the expansion? Or does it go on for like two months and then closes?

Was really hoping to just easily be able to switch my basic order to an advanced order. I did the medium level expansion for the clickie for TOV, only to realize after the fact that that was a poor clikie (a GD clickie would have been infinitely better). Just don't want to spend an extra 50 dollars or whatever for a TOV like clickie...
  6. Slasher Augur

The COV Beta forums were still up yesterday :) However the server usually closes on launch day or shortly after.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Beta ends on launch, although the server might be around a bit until they close it down. But once the game launches, there isn't much use for a beta server.

Now that you have many thousands more testing stuff and reporting bugs, so why would you bother with beta?