CoV expansion is 25% off.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Riou EQResource

Probably around Oct 12th
  2. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Yeah it's another example of their really bad marketing. They've had issues with it for years and who knows how much money they have missed out on because of the numerous marketing missteps.

I was going to get the expansion for a few old accounts but it's not worth it really with such a small discount. It's also not worth upgrading to the premium edition or super duper over priced edition either.
  3. demi Augur

I will end up buying 1 premium edition upgrade after the 25% off plus the 10% for all access and my upgrade it ends up being only 71 or 73 bucks.. However it will be the only one I'll buy wont be buying 2 or 3 basic CoV for my alt accounts like i was planning on .. they didnt give me enough time to budget and 25% off for a basic expansion isnt worth it .. i'll wait another year and get 4 expansions for the base price of $35 ..
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

That's probably about 65% still too expensive.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Most things in life are 65% too expensive.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  6. bobokatt Augur

Sorry a bit confused. I need to get COV on 2 of my accounts. If I wait for the NEXT expansion, which should have COV and below expansions included, do I still get the dragons hoard 125 slots if I buy it for those 2 accounts? Or must I order and pay for COV specifically now for each account separately to get the dragons hoard? Sorry for the dumb question.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We are not 100% sure. But, typically, the features (Illusion Key Ring, Mount Key Ring, etc) only comes free with the expansion it was released with. It is more than likely Dragon Hoard will not come with the next expansion and be an a la carte feature to be purchased separately in the marketplace (if you did not own CoV). These features typically sell for 1500 DBC per account? (Dragon Hoard may be more but you can mitigate the DBC cost with holiday sales of 20% if you decide not to buy CoV).

Personally, Dragon Hoard is nice but not super special. I’d buy the Standard Edition of the next expansion but I can see the wisdom of just buying CoV expac to casually catch up.
  8. bobokatt Augur

Many thanks for that! Now I get it. Yah decisions if I want to get my toons to catch up like NOW using COV. But the DB cash for the a la carte features makes sense later on if the new expansion does not include those "perks".
    Benito likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In the past, buying the new expansion ONLY gives you access to the previous expansions. No other special items. As tight as they are getting on the discounts etc, I do not see them giving folks anything extra.

And I think the Hoard will be the same as the old Keyrings. Most of them took a few years to make it to marketplace, if at all.

But when separate item packages did make it to the marketplace, then they would be just as expensive as buying the expansion now. For example the recent collectors edition item bundle was around $50 and the other part of it in another bundle was $30 so if you bought them both you would have paid $80 which was higher that original release.

It appears to me the powers that be (who obliviously never played this EQ) are trying different cash cows to see which sells the best. So who knows what we will get offered?

For your situation the lowest edition would only be $26.24 minus another 10% if your all access. Pretty sure you get the Hoard no matter which version of the expansion you buy
    Gyurika Godofwar and bobokatt like this.
  10. demi Augur

yes you get the hoard even with the basic expansion .. I've got 3 alt accounts that only have the basic and they all have access to the hoard..
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You’re welcome.

Also, the next expansion is a level increase expansion to Level 120.

So if you play Free to Play (which lets you level), the level increase may outweigh the Dragon Hoard feature.

I know some people tend to solely buy level increase expansions.

Food for thought.
    Gyurika Godofwar and bobokatt like this.
  12. bobokatt Augur

Actually BRILLIANT CatsPaws. Yah at this point I will simply buy the discounted COV now for those two accounts, it's not the end of the world for me. Heck if I look at how much I spend on coffee at starbucks each day... or smokes before I quit, this is a pittance.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. Argu Lorekeeper

Yea not when you know the next expansion is right around the corner.

Also where are people getting the next expansion is Luclin based? Just because of the way they previous expansions have been Kunark and then Velious, or is there an actual announcement somewhere?
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Just wait for Terror of Luclin beta, unless money isn't an issue for you. The guys who run the show over here really don't know how to entice folks very well.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

Yeah, it's all Veblen. Did I do it right? :)
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Some are, some aren't.

If you don't like the prices, you don't buy. It's a free market. :)
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Not entirely true.
  18. demi Augur

Can we get an Extension on this sale by a few weeks pls till the 22nd .. I need more time .. I want to give you money ..
  19. Riou EQResource

It should be ending then to get rid of it to make room for ToL instead
  20. demi Augur

are you agreeing with me ? .. usually the sale goes for 6 weeks this sale only went less than 4 weeks .. would be nice to extend it by 10(1) days .. I know it would prolly only benefit me and no one else .. so it more than likely wont happen ..