EQ on GeForce now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by henry0918, Aug 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I said in another thread. It's like they're modding their own game, and they're not even very good at it.
    Accipiter likes this.
  2. henry0918 Journeyman

Nope you are wrong
    Players can always buy that all access membership through daybreak website or in game
    Nennius and MasterMagnus like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said there are not ways to get around that 30% cut and the fact remains that steam wants money to host any game which is a requirement to get in their cloud service.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

We really need a /stopaction command. There's a key bind for it, but no command.
  5. henry0918 Journeyman

Yea… it’s sad, you don’t know what they are thinking
    Normal people running a company would want their games to reach boarder audience as possible
    It’s like free money free promote free cloud service for daybreak games and they don’t give a

https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceNOW...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I saw this thread https://steamcommunity.com/app/844260/discussions/0/3044983510181151105/,

and couple of hours later the game is supported, only nvidia needs to do their part
  6. henry0918 Journeyman

7. henry0918 Journeyman

Hello ??? Can someone from daybreak games see this and make a response?
    Can you guys just wake up already ? I guess you are too busy developing “perks “
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They don't allow EQ to run in a VM... they're not going to run EQ on a VM like this, no matter how much you want it.
  9. Slasher Augur

Its not a VM. You can actually stream your desktop to mobile devices and play games on them with AMD or Nvidia GPUs now days to play games. What makes it difficult and impossible for EQ is no controller support you need a keyboard.

Something also interesting you can stream your desktop to Oculus headsets using a similar app letting you use the headset as a monitor and the controller to play games. It works best with steam games that have controller support though. Oculus has a link cord that lets you do this wired but the app lets you do it wirelessly with no delay/lag.
    helentang21 likes this.
  10. henry0918 Journeyman

LOL and guess what

I open up GeForce now to take a look at there and see planet side 2 by DAYBREAK games are in there lol
    And people here are busy finding BS excuses like saying GeForce now is a VM service lololol

There are literally no reason why Everquest isn’t on GeForce. Je
    helentang21 likes this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

settle down, henry
    Coagagin and demi like this.
  12. henry0918 Journeyman

YEA RIGHT … and I just saw planet side 2 by daybreak games on GeForce now
    helentang21 likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering there are already games from the same company on the service it sounds like there is a good reason for them not to add EQ and the rest that are not currently in there.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I play Planetside 2. Hacking has spiked dramatically in PS2 in the last month or so. I don’t know if I can attribute it to any changes to the ecosystem because of GeForce Now but it’s a distinct possibility.
    Frankieeyy likes this.
  15. henry0918 Journeyman

OH YEA RIGHT ! it must be Nvidia's fault
    what's the damage of the people on this forum ? are they all Nvidia's hater or what ?
    people are spouting loads of crap and lies and clearly they dont even know what's geforce now and never been a user of it
    Frankieeyy and helentang21 like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

GeForce Now is a novel (new) platform. It’s possible that hackers are finding workarounds via VM or VPNs to anti-cheat programs. I suspect some gaming studios don’t want to be guinea pigs.
  17. Jyve Augur

Cool tech, if it lets mac players play without faffing with VM's/rebooting into a new OS, or chromebooks etc.
    Could be neat for a "best of the best" match, with known setups. Great for beta to avoid datamining (screenshots only!).
    But still, without a keyboard/mouse, it's not going to /really/ be 'fun' to play on with a phone/tablet, and it's still going to use a fair bit of bandwidth to play. Other games might be more 'pop on/off', but streaming... 1gb? an hour is going to hit a few datacaps in various places.

Sure, no log files, but no custom UI's? That'll be harsh.

We'll see!
    Stymie and Frankieeyy like this.
  18. Qelil Augur

Sorry but don't expect to see this ever happen. Honestly, it must be a slow EQ news day for this to even be discussed or argued about as I noted in the first replies before adding my own.

Embrace EverQuest as it is and be happy. More reasonable things to wish for would be more content in expansions and more timely issue resolution regarding significant outstanding known bugs. Anything else for a game this old with a population this size is quite unlikely to happen realistically.
  19. henry0918 Journeyman

maybe its just me ...
    those custom ui doesn't seems like they are making much difference ..any recommendation ?
    I think I am gonna install Tking Celtic UI , it somehow retain that magical eq feel without making it all so "pro " & statistic making it feel like a job

been using that default ui even after I have return to eq just 3 months ago after a 20 years absence of this game since I was a 10 years old kid ....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.