Request: remove notifications for TLP on Live servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

[IMG]

You know what's tiring? Logging on alt characters and having to close all of these one-by-one. I don't care what TLP servers are doing, just leave me alone.

Request to have an option to turn off expansion unlocks for servers you aren't part of, or just to turn them off on the server-side.
    Ssdar, Wyre Wintermute, Axel and 10 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not going to agree with this one. Am on live (not that it matters which server) and sometimes this is the only notice we get of upcoming events.

Many times I see the pop up HOURS before its posted here.

This is one of those cases where its more "what you can do to help yourself" than what "they can do to help you"

So to help yourself:

The little box is totally resizable to be long and narrow or short and wide, you can move it then lock it in position. You can easily tuck it away under another window out of sight.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just wish they vanished when they are no longer active.
    Bigstomp, Skuz, Zanarnar and 7 others like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You can make them go away. Click one, then one of the buttons shown lets you get rid of it. The other button keeps it there.
  5. Gialana Augur

It would also be nice if the notifications were account based instead of character based. I don't need to be told about the same event for every character I log in. So if I close an announcement on 1 character on an account, it would be great if that announcement disappeared for every other character on the account.

It's also annoying to log in a character you haven't logged in for a while to see several announcements for no-longer-running events.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep, but when you log in a char you haven't played in months, you don't need to know what you missed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

100% agree. Let ME decide if I want to know about TLP, let those who WANT To know, make that decision for themselves.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd be fine with a "Close all" option on the window.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, two good points:

1 - have a close all
    2 - make it account wide. If I close it on char X, then it's closed for char Y on the same account
    Wyre Wintermute, Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This is a pretty minor annoyance - particularly because if it wasn't for TLP printing Darkpaw money, no one would be playing Live. The percentage of Live players that also at the very least dabble in TLP is higher than you may think. These reminders bring plenty of players over to their toons on TLP particularly when all progression is done, AA's are done and Augs are all camped and looted.
  11. demi Augur

Im sure TLP bring DPG money , if they didnt they wouldnt keep adding TLP's .. However I think that the majority of the "printing money" is on live due to all the boxe's and raiders .. sure there are a few TLP peeps who come back solely to play on the NEW TLP when it comes out , but most of those peeps are on live to begin with playing live and then when the new expansion is done for them and they've raided till their hearts content then they go play on TLP until the next Event happens on live ..
    code-zero and Fenthen like this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Right. I don't think TLPs bring as many "new subscribed accounts" as one might think.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

When asked a few years ago, Holly said TLP and Live are about split in terms of subscribers (TLPs have only gotten stronger since then). The game wouldn't survive long without both.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I think you would be dead wrong on that assumption.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't know if this is already out there, but it would be interesting to see how many actual "new" paid accounts are created when a TLP launches (not existing accounts that just go All Access again when a new one comes out).
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

100% this
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Axel Furry Hats OP

The simple solution to this is to delete TLP.
    Raccoo, gnomeboss and Fenthen like this.
  18. gnomeboss Augur

[IMG]
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Also, turn off the announcements for Franklin Teek's tasks unless you are updating new ones for people 100-(120).
    Fenthen likes this.