Will Torment of Velious be unlocked for F2P this year?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Are there plans for Torment of Velious to be unlocked for F2P this year? What makes things different this time around is that ToV was the first expansion offered with tradable expansion tickets (Family-and-Friend Bundle).

This is time-sensitive question since some people may decide to take the CoV expansion sale if this is not the case.

Hope Accendo or a dev can answer. Thank you!
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess any changes to free to play would happen around the anniversary next year.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  3. demi Augur

well im putting my vote for NO .. im tired of giving the milk away for free .. ;)
    Andarriel, Kaenneth and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

No, it will be next year, around the same time TBL became FTP this past year (2021).
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

That's definitive statement (compared to Waring's response).

I want to know if it will unlocked at all due to the existence of expansion tickets.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I didn't remember the specifics of when TBL unlocked just that they have been doing them around the anniversary. As for the question of making it free to play or not that will likely not be answered until the time that they announce it if they do make it free to play. I don't remember any announcements about TBL until it was much closer to it happening.
    Benito likes this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's already been mentioned in another thread.

The ToV Gift Expansion should unlock 10 slots of the Hero Forge keyring for that account, regardless of whether or not ToV is granted freely.

Your excitement for such an unlock may vary. But it does have something besides the expansion.

As to you getting a timely response from DPG people that can only reduce the amount of money they make ... well, I think you have your answer. I think the best you can hope for is that your interest highlights the fact that when they have **nothing** additionally in the base expansion purchase, it limits the value of the gift and may reduce sales.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not this year, next year at the earliest. Which answers your question in the title.