[Suggestion] Add 1 item to Standard Edition to keep Gift: [Expansion] Tickets relevant.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So the ToV expansion ticket (from FnF Edition) will become obsolete when ToV becomes F2P this year.

The team should consider adding at least 1 item to the Standard Edition so anyone who claims an "obsolete" ticket will receive a limited time only item.

This item could be an expansion teleport, illusion, metamorph wand, or merc contract.

*Positive and constructive feedback appreciated. Thanks.
    Evye likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Maybe the tickets could be scripted to grant whatever the expansion is +1 after where the F2P grant is at, so ToV would still be good for CoV.
    Benito likes this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

You probably should have used the ToV expansion ticket during ToV, and not expansions after.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla, demi and 2 others like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There is a ToV expansion ticket currently on my server's Bazaar. I suspect that individual took a break or forgot about it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Use it or lose it.
  6. demi Augur

ya they had plenty of time to use it .. unless they took a break and forgot about it like you said .. thats not a reason to add an item to maybe 1 or 2 peeps who forgot they had a almost 3 expanson old Gift Ticket ..

he/she will end up eating a portion of the cost of the F&F because of it ..

although I would not be upset if DBG didnt make ToV F2P for a few years . I wish they would stop giving F2P peeps stuff .. I mean 20 expansions for free id say thats an awesome deal to get your feet wet in and try the game before you purchase a new expansion.. I feel and its jmho that F2P should remain 4 or 5 expansions behind the new one ..

give F2P peeps thru TBL for another few years .. same with Unlocking content .. (and this is coming from someone that hates TBL progression) but I wish they wouldnt unlock content .

I think they still need TDS progression to go to the end zone ? so thats good .. but like iirc (and its been awhile , so dont quote me) I think anyone can go through any zone in HoT without doing progression .. when HoT was a current or even a few expansions old it required you to get all progression done to proceed to the next tier ..
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe you actually do get one item besides the ToV expansion with the ticket. The Hero's Forge Key Ring. Without it, you have zero slots. With it you get the 14 slots.

Yes, I agree that the Hero's Forge key ring is not worth much. But technically it is something.

Still hoping Terror of Luclin has a teleport item key ring...
    demi, Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Great point! I suppose the feature (1500 DBC) would count as a benefit to a late standard edition claim. 14 slots across all characters adds up.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if they will even unlock ToV for F2P because of the expansion tickets. We may not see free unlocks now (or for at least a long time).
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Why should expansion tickets get special treatment? Just because someone payed extra and didn't use it while it was current?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Everyone would receive 1 item if they bought Standard Edition. What I am saying is, by including 1 or more items in the Standard Edition (for all), there is some incentive to use unclaimed expansion tickets.

Edit: Fanra mentioned the expansion feature (keyrings, Dragon Hoard) as a perk to claiming the expansion tickets. I did not think about it in my original post but it still would be nice to see an item in Standard Editions.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Thats not the model they have been using for selling the standard edition though look at the current expansion
    Expansions | EverQuest

You get nothing except the expansion, and you will like it.

Why do you think people put in a meme of a cash cow being milked?

Why should the giftable expansion ticket get more then the standard edition that it grants?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Future Standard Editions would include 1 item. Everyone would receive this item if they bought standard.

The gift ticket (Standard Edition) would receive the same item regardless of the time period claimed.

This idea would not apply retroactively. It would be applied from Terrors of Luclin on. I think this is where there is a misunderstanding.
  14. demi Augur

they actually used to include 1 or 2 items in the standard edition before they went all premium and F&F packs .. it wasnt much but i do recall there being something .. plus a pre-order bonus item ..
    im just spitballing here but iirc didnt the standard come with the clicky teleport thingy at first .. ?
    you would have to ask someone like fanra or whoever would keep info on past expansion sales and what each came with from 5 or more years back .. I'm too old and its hard for me to remember.. just today i zoned out of GL into Pok and I literally stood there a min and could not for the life of me figure out why I had zoned into pok and what I was doing there :( very sad :mad: silver lining I did remember just took a few extra seconds
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Your either asking for the basic expansion price to be increased or them to give something free.

They are not likely to give anything to the basic expansion bundle free that they are already charging increased fees for.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Correct you use to get things with the basic expansion besides the expansion. Then they learned we pay and keep paying. They shifted everything to premium bundles so if you want the economy package you get just the expansion now days.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep, they also used to give you an insentive if you preordered, item/discount.

Now you just get to help them in beta.
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I'm sure we'd all like to go back to the way things were before "Premium" and "Friends & Family" became a thing that they charge way too much for but unfortunately Daybreak has a long history of not listening to the players and doing whatever they choose regardless of how it is received or how well it works.

I'm sure EG7 wants to get every dollar they can from Daybreak and I imagine at least 75% of that is from the EQ players who continue to fund everything else for Daybreak.