New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perador New Member

Multiple Tiered Membership.
    Varied Pricing. Only some of the perks!
  2. Derd Augur

It probably really peeves you off that I've had a perk of a grandfathered in sub rate of 89.99 and my other account has a perk of being a raf account which also gives a perk to my recruiter account ... the pain you must feel
    code-zero and Nennius like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I'd vote for a less lag perk. But it seems unlikely. It does seem that bells and whistles are coming first lately.
  4. Qelil Augur

Just noticed the perks are delayed into October sometime with no date given. The reason given is problems found in internal testing.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Wow, two more pages since yesterday. If I scroll back, is it all going to be hate?
  6. Risiko Augur

After going back and reading through the perks again, I have to say that I don't see a single perk there that I care about. 5% bonus here, 10% bonus there, meh... nothing in those perks are worth the cost of the perks to me.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

The only perk even remotely useful is the extra inventory slots, but they shouldn't be "rented" slots. They should be unlocks you can purchase in the store with points, like adding another character slot or merc slot. Paying to "rent" inventory slots is just laughable.
  8. Risiko Augur

I completely agree. The idea of renting inventory slots just feels really, really wrong lol.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Do you not do baz selling? but yea the 10% bonus ect is nothing to me. They should came up with a perk with overseer like being able to do 1 or 2 more quests.

Andarriel
  10. revran1 Journeyman

how about giving us pearks that we want like more fellowship slots or reduce the timer on merc respawn
  11. Mossaa Augur

To feed you with a spoon. 9.90 x 12 = ??? (I did not bother to write 9.90 as I was on phone) I would guess you did figure it out since I did say 5 on the perk.
  12. Xanadas Augur

Cringe level 9/10... another good example of making a thing nobody asked for.
  13. Hegsheoshed Augur

One good perk would be no bugs or minimal bugs but I guess that would be two perks.
  14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Except it still costs $120, you’re just falling into the easiest sales tactic ever invented.
    Qelil likes this.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

20 pages.

Not one member of the team in here commenting.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Qelil like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'd like to think that the actual devs weren't sitting around thinking up ways to squeeze more money out of the players, and that this decision instead came from suits that couldn't tell you anything about EQ.

I'd like to think that any involvement they had was because they were ordered to do it from higher ups.

I'd like to see the devs pop into this thread and say "This wasn't our idea, and we're just doing what we're told."

Because the alternative - that the devs DID in fact spend time brainstorming ways to squeeze more money from the EQ teat instead of fixing actual game problems - is a very disturbing thought.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You would like to see the devs get fired? Even if it wasn't their idea that isn't something they can publicly post. In the end it is a company decision and since they are part of that company so it is their decision as well.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think they want to see any devs get fired, though you are right to point out the problem with them doing as suggested and speaking out.
    And I would disagree with the devs being reponsible for the decision just by being a part of the company, that's not even a logical conclusion to draw, devs can & have disagreed with things even if they cannot openly publicly disagree with those decisions at the time because they are employees.

Management are responsible, at least that's what they supposedly get paid to be, to make those decisions and to be accountable for them - though most of us who have operated at a management level usually understand that lower level employees often get blamed for the poor decisions of those above them and accountability is all too frequently not shouldered by those actually responsible, hierarchies often fail to operate as they should in many organisations.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Qelil like this.
  19. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Broke from overuse
  20. Igorath-Bertox Elder

I'm thinking thats what they are trying to do. Kill the game and save face with stockholders... "There isn't enough players to keep it running"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.