Returning Lev 80; New Zones

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by BellyMan, Sep 27, 2021.

1. BellyMan New Member

So, I am trying to find relevant zones I can solo in with my earth pet. As a, essentially, new player again I have no idea what zones I should be in. Is there a teleporter that can send me somewhere? Is the a questline I should be looking for to open certain expansion zones?

I have went to PoTime and outclass them with meleeing, I don’t remember how to get to the Discord zones (this is about when I left.)

Any help would be appreciated, as all I have been doing to refamiliarize myself is working on 2hb skill, swimming and some tradeskills. I also been looking for Exotic Silk and was thinking Crystal Caverns, but I see it has been revamped into a L100 zone.
  2. Randomized Augur

If you open up your maps in game, in the top right corner you'll see a "zone guide" button. You can click on that and then sort zones by minimum level, or maximum level. From there, you'll have about 30 options from 65-90 to choose from. You can click on one, and then the bottom of the screen in maps, you'll see an "set start" and "set end" buttons. If you click on set end, it'll tell you how to get to that zone, zone by zone, from where you currently are :)

As for off the top of my head, around level 80 I think you get the Secrets of Faydwer expansion, Seeds of Destruction, and Underfoot, and into House of Thule. So lots of options.

Call of the Forsaken also introduced Heroic Adventures which are instanced zones/quests that scale mobs to the highest person in your group. And those are available starting at level 75.

Also mercenaries are a thing, they're AI characters that help you along with the choices of Tank, melee dps, caster dps, and healers. Grab a healer merc (highest rank of journeyman you can get), and you won't ever have to worry about your pet (unless you're pulling insane amounts)

Wish I had more time to go into detail, but imma be MIA for about 3 days starting in half an hour, but this should be a good start. Google will be your friend from this point forward (assuming no one else steps up to the mantle)
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep that zone guide is going to be a life saver. That and the "find" key.

The discord zones can be access thru the priests of discord, One is in the lobby and the other somewhere up top the library. Just walk up and say to them "I wish to go to discord" and it will put you in Dranicks scar which is in Discord.

As far as getting around - if you are in a guild then your guild hall has a little short guy that will port you where you need to go. You buy a stone from him for whatever zone. Read the lore tab before you buy to see which zone it goes to but most have the zone name in the title. You can buy a stone that will take you to the Walls of Slaughter which is another zone in Discord. So couple ways to get where your going.

If you don't have a guild yet then do this quest which will allow you to join a guild put out by the game (no officers etc.) which is there just so you can use the portal guy
    Guilds & The Guild Lobby

I would recommend you create a throw away character and run thru the tutorials. There are 2.

#1) You can only do this one if you are under level 14 or 15. That is why you make the throwaway guy. Just do the quests from the NPC's in the middle - you don't really need to do all of the quests that take you down in the dungeon since you already know how to fight etc.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=271

#2) These can be done at your current level. Most take less than 10 minutes each and you can come back anytime you want
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5787

WB and don't forget to download the newest maps

Brewells
    http://www.eqmaps.info/

And Goods Maps for EQ
    for some reason Goods site is wanting people to sign in which is odd
    Good's Maps Pack
  4. BellyMan New Member

Ok, thanks for the info folks
  5. Elskidor Augur

If solo/molo I would hit the Secrets of Faydwer expansion as deep as you can. Explore that era really good and see what works for you.
  6. Alnitak Augur

In my opinion SoF is a bit low for lvl 80. I would do SoD. Oceangreen Hills and Village, Blackburrow, Temple of Bertoxx are full of lvl 75-77 mobs, with lvl 80-82 nameds. Lvl 80 molo mage should be able to do most of it.
    Then there could be a gradual progress toward Kaesora Library (still SoD) with trash mobs in there lvl 80-83.
    I think Underfoot is still overpowered for lvl 80-85, so at 85 I would go from SoD to HoT, get J5 merc and stay in HoT progressing into higher tiers.
    HoT ends in The Fear Itself, with mobs being almost exactly the same in HP and DPS as mobs in Argath. So at about 90 it would be time to switch to VoA, imho.
  7. Grove Augur

Magelo is showing Exotic Silk in some difficult zones: Pillars of Alra, Sepulcher of Order. But also some spiders in Valley of Lunanyn. All of these mobs are about level 95.
    The spiders in middle (Rain of Fear) Crystal Caverns are an expansion higher. They are mostly dropping silk that is higher in level application but I did see there is about a two percent chance that they will drop Exotic Silk.
  8. Gialana Augur

There are 3 versions of Crystal Caverns in the game, all of which are active and separate zones. There's the original that was released with The Scars of Velious expansion and is a level 25 - 45 zone (according to Allakhazam). The second version was released with the Rain of Fear expansion and is a level 95 - 100 zone. The third version was released with the Torment of Velious expansion, and it's meant for between about levels 110 and 15. Also, the zone geometry is actually split between 2 zones in this version; Crystal Caverns and Ry`Gorr Mines.

You'd only find exotic silk in the Rain of Fear version. Is there a particular item you want to make with the exotic silk, do you want to sell it, or do you want to use it to get your tailoring skill to 300? If it's just to raise your tailoring skill, there are lower level silks and animal pelts that you can use instead. You can find them in lower level zones. Fine silk and animal pelts can take you to around 280 or 290. Excellent silk and animal pelts can take you to 300 since the glove pattern has a trivial of 312. Excellent should drop in zones that are meant for you level, and find should drop in zones a little bit lower.