Future For Warder Pet Tanking?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ciskin, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Ciskin New Member

as a new player I was really interested in the last post but it turned into underwater basket weaving.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you have a question or comment?
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

"it turned into underwater basket weaving" does actually qualify as a comment. My concern with the aforementioned comment is that I see no pressing need to insult the kind, misunderstood, and somewhat misguided folks who attempt to weave baskets underwater. On the contrary, I applaud their attempts further their skills at such. Having said that. I will choose to weave baskets on dry land instead. And have a nice day.
  4. Elemental Augur

Dont beastlords get a near instant pet heal, that does double when pet is below a certain % that is also on separate cooldowns than the heal 5 levels prior?
    Enough said, next question please learn to play your class
  5. Alnitak Augur

To add to Nennius post I feel the need to advise a new player, that EverQuest is a Universe firmy resting on a strong foundation of basket weaving. Some do it underwater, some do it on dry land. Some weave baskets clockwise, some do it counter-clockwise. And some even weave boxes insead of baskets, which is frowned upon in EQ, but is not a violation of EULA.

So, dear new player, weave your baskets freely, enjoy doing so in all elemental planes, underwater or not, just be happy and enjoy it !
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Randomized Augur

Pet tanking isn’t an issue and isn’t going anywhere. The problem is, as expansions go on, you need more and more AAs for it to be viable. You can’t bum rush to 115 with autogrant AAs and expect your Warder to hold up. You’re fine so long as you stay in the autogrant expansions, but without the AAs beyond that point, you’ll suffer.

As others in the previous post said, they have no issues pet tanking. They just put in the work. It’s been commonplace lately for people who aren’t willing to work for their results they’re wanting to come to the forums and complain. You get out what you put in. Given that, pet tanking is still a thing and will be fine
    Ciskin likes this.
  7. Evye Augur

Nice UHF reference
    Nennius likes this.
  8. demi Augur

WTH is this post about frakin baskets or warders ? and if there was another thread then why wasnt the OP on this thread directed to that thread ? :confused:
  9. Alnitak Augur

Ciskin made a new thread, condescendingly named the subject deviation of the similarly named thread as an "underwater basked weaving" and then posted it. So we all must feel schooled in an art of laconic expression of thoughts and information exchnage, and we all should feel grateful to his generosity by being shown our errors.
    Something unusual has happened in this World ! All hail Ciskin!
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

For those unfamiliar with the rapidly growing and heavily ale influenced craze of underwater basket weaving, this video may perhaps bring some much needed enlightenment.

Stymie likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

What about "underbeer basket weaving"?
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

On behalf of dwarves everywhere I felt compelled to offer a small correction to your most excellent statement. One of our great dreams is to successfully inveigle the great god of tradeskills, our mighty Lord Ngreth, to replace the water in the oceans of Norrath with ale. We live in the hope that this dream will one day be realized. Praise be to ale.
    Accipiter likes this.
  13. Febb Augur

awwww, he uses oxygen to weave baskets? That's cheating!
    Nennius and Randomized like this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Those must be VERY light baskets, then ;)
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Tank merc will solo you to 70, by then maybe you would have learned how the class works you have chosen. ;)
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmm I wonder if "Air Basket Weaving" could catch on. That way, as in all "air" sorts of events, no real skill would be needed.