Enjoying Higher Krono Prices Pt2?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Achillez, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Achillez Elder

It looks like things continue to rise, there are now people auctioning WTB krono for 30-32k. Reading into some other forums and discords, there seems to be a lot of talk that this was a down stream effect of the platinum dupe that took place months ago (on both Thornblade and Mischief). This hasn't been confirmed or officially stated by anyone at Daybreak, but it is said that 2 accounts were caught and banned for doing the platinum duping. Apparently a lot of the duped platinum however was spread to several different accounts and is beginning to resurface now that things have cooled down around it. If we see the trend continue and are seeing WTB krono 50k come Luclin, I think it is safe to say there is a problem.
  2. suinegEQ Elder

I have seen this a lot and even been accused of being one of the two despite never being banned ever in EQ. What I have failed to see is how this rumor has survived or even started.

Somehow a person duped plat. They only touched Mischief/Thornblade though despite them not having bazaar which makes it infinitely harder. Oh they did so because krono prices are lower .... but they have infinite plat so why would they care? Okay lets pretend that it's true for a minute. Two people did so and somehow came forward and showed someone out there that they were banned for it. There was enough proof to ban them but not enough to find all of their plat that they squirreled away. They are somehow still playing despite people like Elderan knowing exactly who they are.

Absolutely none of this makes sense. What does make sense though is somebody that wants people to be panic converting and I don't know why. Someone out there wants all transactions in krono I guess for their items? I do know that GiG has banned some of their members from using platinum in GDKP because of the paranoia.

Bottom line is that a witch hunt is just as damaging to the economy than any actual dupe. All of this over the word of the biggest botter in the game making grandiose claims and for some reason people believing him. Why?
  3. Achillez Elder

Most details about the plat dupe can only be taken with a grain of salt as nothing concrete has ever really been presented. The greatest piece of evidence to suggest this actually occurred was a dev in the previous thread about this stated there was an investigation being done into the plat duping and locked the thread. Nothing was later released publicly about the investigation results, but to have a dev publicly make this statement led many to believe something foul was afoot, and rightfully so in my opinion.

Not enough details were given to assume "infinite plat". If you assume "plat dupe" means doubling any quantity of plat instantaneously sure you can say this but I really doubt that was the case. Through out the games history there have been exploits to generate "free plat" from duping corpses, to selling large quantities of tradeskill items to merchants for more than they were purchases for. All to my knowledge were patched, and not a single one in the past involved instantaneous doubling of plat, so I really doubt this was the case.

At any rate, if this was legitimately fixed, the excess plat in the market will be spent out and things will go back to balance eventually.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Interesting reads but you don't need any plat dupe as the amount of plat a smart trader can make on autopilot is insane on this server.

3 traders around the clock and a small guild can't spend the krono they earn. Forget about raiding and forgot about what can be done once /baz hits. :rolleyes:
  5. suinegEQ Elder

He has stated a few times that over 500M was actually spent by these people, that's about as close to infinite as you can do on Mischief. That would have been over 30k krono towards the end of classic.
  6. Achillez Elder

Again, this is information that should be taken with a grain of salt as there was nothing substantiating this claim or even details on how this number was gotten (this came from a guy who claims on a good day can churn out 1 million pure platinum himself from boxing on TLPs). Even if the number is true, and I agree it is a lot, it is not the end of the world. Right now the biggest GDKP guilds on the server are distributing 20M pp amongst it's members each week, meaning 20M pp was bid and paid by it's members.
    suinegEQ likes this.
  7. Magician9001 Augur

It's not speculation.
    Can't give details on the forums.
    A quest was being abused in the dupe.
    That quest had a significant change to it on both TLPs and live servers.
  8. Achillez Elder

It looks like my prediction is now coming to fruition (though I give myself no credit as it was pretty obvious). There was a period yesterday of over 12 hours (in tlp-auction logs) where there were 46 lines of WTB krono between 28-32k and not a single line of WTS krono at any price. This indicates the krono market on Mischief has dried up and people are not selling krono (or at least very few are). This morning there are all of a sudden many people selling unspecified numbers of krono at 30k each. I imagine krono liquidation to plat is being done and a large plat transfer will be done over the next couple days back to Thornblade to suck the market dry, where krono are going for 24k each. Beware Thornblade, buy your krono while you can before you see a giant spike!
  9. Risiko Augur

There is no mystery here. It's been confirmed elsewhere.

They banned a couple accounts for the dupe right. Do you really think the bad actors had ALL the duped plat on those accounts that got banned? Really? I got some ocean front property to sell you in Oklahoma if you do.

It's pretty stupid honestly because it would take all of one query of the database to find out what accounts have a metric ton of plat on them. Hell if you want to get creative, do a join on the age of the accounts with the highest plat counts on them. I would bet you anything that the highest plat accounts are also the youngest accounts.
  10. suinegEQ Elder

Like I said earlier I have heard this multiple times but not seen this "confirmation" even once.
  11. Achillez Elder

I think most of the consensus about the dupe being true comes from multiple prominent people in the EQ community confirming it took place, some of whom said they have seen the numbers in a trade window. If you are skeptical, feel free to venture to other less moderated forums and make your own judgement where there is much credible testimony and even some screenshots to back this.
  12. suinegEQ Elder

Read all of those and not seen a single shred of proof that it happened OR like is being said multiple times here, that bans were given for it.
  13. Neceros New Member

I'm feeling like Thorneblade might be the server to return to from a break?
  14. Iyacc Augur

This is the internet, there doesn't need to actually BE proof. If it's said long enough and loud enough, enough people believe it.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

The higher the price the better.. to the moooooooon Krono prices! Better bang for my krono when luclin finally drops and I cash it in ;) (I mean, anything over the 500p I paid for it in classic is a win, but I knew inflation would be my homie here)
  16. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Is it just me that thinks the Krono prices will drop in Luclin?
    No expert on EQ economics or anything, just a feeling...
  17. Achillez Elder

I can't personally attest to it, but others have said the trend on TLPs after Luclin launches is that krono prices temporarily come down a bit, but then quickly jump back up. I'm guessing this is partly due to the economics of the bazaar setup to buy/sell things using platinum and possibly things like mounts put in game that require platinum to purchase. I imagine once there is a baseline setup with someone buying krono at a set price and selling krono for a slightly higher price, the market will stabilize and most changes will be slight price fluctuations in cutting margins of the standardized consistent buyer/seller prices. That said, if there are remnants of the speculated platinum dupe still in circulation, I imagine for at least a period of time every krono put up for sale in bazaar will be immediately bought, as there is no longer manual effort involved in the transaction, and everything can be purchased somewhat discretely and quickly.
  18. Krim New Member

Was told you put a trade window up with your duped plat to Sieger and Sieger told someone about it. That person told me about it. The person who told me that info is someone I trust that would have no reason to lie about you or Sieger and would consider Sieger a friend.
  19. suinegEQ Elder

I consider Sieger a friend as well and I think the other person is most likely a friend as well.

I was told all of your guild already petitioned that and nothing came about it because there was no reality there. It's almost like people troll, myself included. Are you still witch hunting in your guild over this? I keep hearing you add more and more people to the krono only list. All the time looking for who is proxy bidding for me, there isn't anyone. I barely have any plat.

I won't do you the discourtesy of making counter accusations or talk about something some random in your guild did. I will say this. Multiple friends in your guild came to me begging for plat. I said they got tricked and I have no plat. They then put in petitions saying I was a duper. I got no suspension and no ban. You tell me what reality is.
  20. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Sieger spends all his krono money on lasagna.