New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mossaa Augur

You already get a discount when you pay for a year or several months at the time. Why would DB give you an even higher discount. They introduce the perks to earn more money.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and code-zero like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Sales lead to sales.

It’s about enticing people to buy a higher tier than they normally would. Blizzard does this, it should be an automatic feature copy. This isn’t a utility bill. Every player doesn’t just buy 12 months every renewal period. You need work the psychology of a sale and persuade them to higher tiers.

Again, Blizzard does 6 month bundle sales plus a cosmetic item (mount or armor) to monetize their revenue gaps. Player interest peaks for brief windows and it’s about getting 6 months out of a 1-2 month player.
  3. Mossaa Augur

So what you sugest is to pay 9 usd and get 5 usd discount on top of the discount you get from paying for 12 months. That is quite different from getting some random cosmetics
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

What costs only $9? Those 12 months cost $120 not $9. All I got to say that Blizzard knows how to monetize its user base. They identified a weakness in their subscription model and addressed it by adding extra incentives to purchase extended subscription plans. Their user base is declining but their posting record profits.

Darkpaw learn from Blizzard, you don’t even have to hire any consultants.
  5. Poyzen Frawg Augur

People are quick to be upset at an “increase” in monthly subscription for a game that hasn’t had a price increase in 22 years. Even postage stamps have Doubled in that time.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

That's because every game in the industry seems to offer more for less. EQ's price tag isn't the problem, it's the value of what you get for the price.

As some have pointed out, their friends and experiences are totally worth the cost. For others of us, we just can't justify the cost for what they are offering in return.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but if you don't see the value then you shouldn't spend the money. If enough people didn't buy so that the revenue expectations fell short, then they will have to up the value to the point where it's justified.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

More for less? Here is what we get for our membership

500 DBC ($5 value)
    10% discount in the market place
    Access to:
    Everquest
    Everquest 2
    DC Universe Online
    PlanetSide 2

How many other companies are offering 4 games for the price of a single sub? And just because you don't take advantage of it all doesn't mean they are offering a lesser value.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Old code. A lot of things need improving.
    Policing needs to be more in game, outside game.
    ... and you are a pain.

(I have a bard, always thinking of lyrics)

And no one gives a darn what we think. Not one of the team members (with highlighted names, not private players) have come in here and commented on this 'perks' idea when we comment.

Show me..

There is no discussion between players and staff... that I see here.. No Fan Fair. (where we would pay hundreds to show up).
    I never see any feedback on how they think we feel.

Not even a comment to say, we changed 1 slot extra to 2 slot extra.. they just did it "Perks'.

I don't play any of the other 4 games in the above list. Just EQ.

..paying $58 a year for two slots in my inventory, is 'not acceptable' (admin, I changed the abbreviation of the cuss word so I don't get told off again- thinking of you ).. <---That is the only contact I got out of how I feel about perks.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because you don't play the other games means it is a fair comparison to ignore them as you are paying for them. Also since it seems you don't think the value is worth it there is no reason you have to pay for these perks and they won't impact you at all.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Microsoft offers a monthly subscription (Game Pass) for $10 that includes over 100 games, including real AAA titles and brand new releases.

Frankly, comparing EQ to other MMOs (like Skuz's list - thank you!) may not even be the best thing: ALL of those games are pushing 10+ years old and the ones doing best deliver fresh new content regularly.

People don't want to pay a subscription for server access, and that's mostly all EQ gives you for their monthly subscription. Real content is sold separately in the form of expansions.

There was a time when paying the monthly fee implied paying for server upkeep/access. Server access is free in almost any modern game and even most modern consumer services.

A monthly subscription is only worth paying if you are getting something new every month. I'm not suggesting that anybody stop playing EQ, but those who continue to pay are empirically paying more than other people and receiving far less in return from the game company itself.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well what you are paying for in Game Pass is different then what you are paying for in Everquest. You would have a much better point if you compared what you are paying for to another MMO instead of a game streaming server where games come and go depending on what Microsoft wants and what the contracts say.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

/yawn
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I agree ... but...
    Prestige and Journeyman V mercs are paid only. This I would keep paying for.
    I even pay A LOT in DB store for packs, illusions, all kinds of other things too.

I just don't feel it is right to pay a monthly fee for life for extra 2 bag slots in inventory.
    We never paid a monthly fee for extra spell slots, extra bank slots, extra song slots. It was a one time pay (expansion purchase) and part of the list of things you get buying that expansion.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

First they sell you the "Lifetime" Subscription, with the obvious lure that you won't ever have to pay any more monthly fees.

Then...
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Fallout 76 is considered an mmo by many.
    Games coming and going under different brands is a pretty funny point to make: How many owners has EQ had?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I wasn't talking about the brand and owner but which games a subscription provides.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  18. Leigo You come here often?

I generally support pluses to the game.. this pay to win stuff is getting old.

I really try to stay on the side of the Devs.. BUT how about working on game performance before trying to ring more money out of your player base? EVEN then.. this isn't a mobile app..
    Stymie likes this.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im just interested in the merch perk for my traders when will they be available? says end of the month only a few days left.

Andarriel
  20. Jodiddlydoo New Member

Let us forever remember the irony of this current banner-ad for all-access found on the main webpage
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.