Enjoying Higher Krono Prices Pt2?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Achillez, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Achillez Elder

I would like to start by stating I am not making any accusations nor is my is my intent to instigate anything. I've noticed some odd trends recently that could potentially be worth looking into, or may just simply be caused by other legitimate, non-malicious factors.

Through the course of Mischief and Thornblade, there has been steady fluctuation in the price of krono with a general trend being a small increase in price weekly as each server's platinum economy grows. There have in the past been events that have caused a marginal quick jump (10-15% price increases in a span of a couple day, some have attributed to new content being released, others in the past speculated a platinum dupe that was investigated).

Now for some numbers that may warrant a little looking into, just to again ensure nothing malicious is happening.

From 9/1 to 9/18 on the Mischief server the price of Krono went from ~18,000pp to ~19500pp. In the past week there has been a steady increase of 5-7% each day and as stands the average is closing in on 28,000pp today. Explainable right? New expansion coming up, increase of rare drops flooding the economy (though it is to note, rare drops do not mean platinum drops are doubled) etc. That said, you would expect at least a small similar trend to take place on Thornblade? Wrong, the price of krono on Thornblade has gone up at the about the same rate it has gone up in the past month (5% a week).

This all said, all I ask is that a small audit is done to see if there is a significant change in the platinum pool of the economy that would indicate something malicious, such as duping may be taking place. As of now, there has been close to a 50% increase in krono prices on Mischief in the past week (5% increase each day) and there are no signs of it slowing down.

As I stated originally, this is all probably due to other underlying factors and nothing malicious but, it may at least be worth taking a look at.
  2. Paladin42069 New Member

Yeah we'll just go ahead and hire an auditor for this and get right on that.
  3. Achillez Elder

Let me clarify for anyone that may misinterpret my use of the word "audit" to suggest I am requesting a third party auditor be hired for a lengthy investigation. I am simply asking someone with access to pull an aggregate of platinum associated with characters (which I would label platinum in circulation) against a backup from a ~week ago. If there is only marginal change, great - there is nothing immediately evident to suggest something malicious is going on. If this is doubled form a week ago? Maybe this is worth looking into a bit more.
  4. wagz Casual - Innoruuk origin

I wondered why Orono prices were so high but then I came up with a simple assumption.

There are so many drops now, with rares dropping several items, some of which sell for a large amount of plat to vendors. No one wants these items, because the group obtained BIS gear has flooded the market to the point it’s better to sell it to a merchant. With that happening, plat has also flooded the market. I can run through a lvl 40 zone with my 60, fill my bags with rare loot, some of it sells for a couple hundred plat to a merchant. I’ll end up getting around 1k pp for 1/2 a hour of easy work. This doesn’t even count any drops that might actually be wanted in /auction.

I think the krono price reflects the inflated platinum that’s so easy to get.
  5. Achillez Elder

Agreed, I had similar thoughts - though the increase seemed a little drastic even for that which prompted me to look into things a little. While not identical, Thornblade is setup similar enough to Mischief that overall you will see similar economic trends. You did not see krono prices shoot up on Thronblade by 50% in the past week, not even 20%.

Way before deciding to look into anything, the thing that immediately caught my attention as being a bit off happened last Sunday. The sales of krono prices throughout the day were completely normal, the low end buying/selling for 19k, the top 20k. There was a point (without naming names) where a few select people started buying unspecified numbers at much higher flat prices. This happens from time to time when officers from GDKP guilds need to liquidize krono to plat to distribute amongst its members. Fine, wait till the next day and prices flatten out again. In this particular case, this same small group of people has continued to buy unspecified number of krono and continue to up the price 1-2kpp each day. Like I have said though this is pure speculation and I will concede to saying I am likely wrong, though if it takes someone 5 minutes to run a report/query, it may be worth the effort.
  6. ViciousEQ Elder

The flood of platinum coming into Mischief is from people transferring all of Thornblade's available plat.

Thornblade was nearing 26kpp, and they're were people spamming WTB kr for 24kpp per while kr were 18kpp on Mischief....They collect a few million PP...they xfer it to Mischief, and sell it off at a profit.

People doing this have now created the opposite effect and Thornblade for a few days had a hard time getting raw plat so the prices lowered. Now its regulating again.

Thornblade doesn't have GDKP guilds really, while Mischief has many. You are all, on average, holding about 300% more platinum on your toons than anyone on Thornblade is.

You want an audit? How about a lesson in numbers and logic instead.
    TWittig and code-zero like this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

If Mischief has a way larger population than Thornblade and supposedly some guilds on Thornblade are transferring characters over to mischief soley to sell their gear than it would stand to reason that the krono value on mischief would be higher (supply/demand, total population) wouldn't it?
  8. Achillez Elder

Thanks Vicious, that makes perfect sense. I had no idea there were an influx of people transferring mass amounts of plat from Thornblade to do this, as I am sure many others were as baffled as I to see this. It makes perfect sense that if krono were consistently going for 24k flat on Thornblade and they saw they were selling at 19k on Mischief they would transfer and begin buying (probably the people I saw last Sunday buying massive numbers of krono way above the market price). Personally I think populations have dwindled enough to push the inevitable server merger between Mischief and Thornblade rather than potentially coming up with other policies that regulate this (if they even care). I can only imagine now that this has caused prices to near 30k, there will be another mass plat transfer back to Thornblade to rinse and repeat.
  9. ViciousEQ Elder

We have been transferring item over in bulk...60-90 items per trip, all high end raid stuff. so if items have dropped that is probably got something to do with us.

A transfer during PoP would be ideal, even end of Luclin honestly. But I'm betting we won't see it until Gates/Omens.

If they haven't moved us or announced moving us by Gates I plan to move us to Mischief for Omens launch.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Green_Mage Augur

Frankly Im impressed with the timing. Normally, this is when krono either freezes and then starts to decline slightly. There is a breif crash of krono prices the first week of Luclin or so, then it quickly surpasses where it was.

So this is a good time to introduce excess plat to the server if you have to. I'm still curious to see if the price of krono drops and by how much come Luclin. In the past I have successfully flipped my krono at a pretty big profit margin during this time. But I'm not doing it this round because there are too many unknowns.
  11. ViciousEQ Elder

I doubt it drops, like 10% of the people who normally do tradeskills need to now since everyone can just make the tradeskill items for each other.

The lack of plat sinks and GDKP combos will lead to a lot of plat staying in the system, similar to FV, items will be selling in the bazaar for millions one day.
  12. suinegEQ Elder

There is a portion of people out there starting rumors as well to manipulate markets. Also what is listed on the websites doesn't mean it actually sells for that.

You have Elderan, one of the largest botters ever (yeah the guy doing SG on every TLP), talking over on FoH about how he calculated 500M plat out of nowhere. All of this while claiming other people are ruining the economy but he would never do it.

People aren't realizing while it doesn't seem to be a ton. You have increased platinum drops and with all of the random group loot dropping you just aren't equipping it but vendoring it. Plat is generating at a scale that hasn't been seen with websites showing things you've never seen from the infancy of a server.
  13. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Multiple reasons why Mischief krono prices are so high.

• More people play on the server (which increases the amount of plat farmed)
    • More items to sell for plat to vendor
    • Massive plat dupe left in game for 30 days very early on (inflation of 200% because of it)
    • Large amount of Thornblade platinum moved to Mischief recently

^^ the above posted is one of the plat dupers, so take whatever they say knowing that.
    suinegEQ likes this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The economy on Thornblade does kind of stink. Same 50 items for sale no one wants and people ask for crazy krono prices and just watch them slowly sink. Doesn't shock me that better look worth more is transferring off the server.
  15. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Which are these items that people are selling to vendors that any other tlp couldn't?
    If the item is nodrop on a live server the vendor won't buy it from you. Just the same as pets won't equip them.
    Increased loot yes, but not all of it can be vendored.
  16. taliefer Augur

Its pretty interesting how the playerbase seems to have split itself up on these two servers.

it looks like just about every single player that wanted to use the server as a way to make money/krono ended up on Mischief. While the people on Thornblade mostly seem to just want to take advantage of loot being droppable in ways besides selling and buying it.

its not an exact science obviously, but I dont think there is a single GDKP/Platraid only guild on Thornblade, but several on mishief. and the players that are on Thornblade have almost no interest in actually buying the top end raid gear that is available.
  17. suinegEQ Elder

Increased which means they are going to sell so much of the tradeable stuff that vendors will take since they have much better available for cheap.

In Kunark you never see that much class armor just randomly on vendors but it all lost it’s value very quickly.
  18. suinegEQ Elder

Multiple post stating exactly how much plat was supposedly duped which matches the numbers the biggest botter in the game claimed on FoH.

Everyone meet Elderan the SG botter on every TLP that you report nonstop but somehow never gets banned.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

Their was a person duping plat in Kunark.
    That person had toons on both servers.
    That person got caught.
    DPG only suspended said person.
    He recently moved his Thornblade toons over to Mischief with millions of duped plat on them.
    He is posting in this thread.

Also glad he left my server Thornblade. Enjoy all the toxic moving to your server since it's more "popular"
  20. Pappasalt Augur

I can attest to this for Decisive Glyphers at least. We are just there to enjoy the game, I personally can't understand this whole krono/plat chasing game that people play lol. To each their own on how they want to play a game they pay for...definitely something I could care less about though.
    Aegir likes this.