Add Tradeskilled Bag Recipes in new expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Moege Augur

How do you harvest human skin ? (needed for tradeskilling)

Just curious ...
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nope, takes too long.

Flaying is better.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Fair enough. I don't have CoV on any of my accounts, so perhaps that's why I don't see this.

I will be getting it shortly, so will try to update this with the results.

To be clear: ALL your zoning times are long (i.e. neither your source or destination zone is your neighborhood)? As someone above posted, zoning to your neighborhood when nobody is there, does require a delay for the servers to load it. It's no different than starting an HA or mission. Takes about a minute for it to load.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The only way to test would be to have two characters on the same account, one with three houses full of items and a bank full of items and the other with no houses and almost no items. Then time their zoning over several zones and scenarios.

They would have to be brand new characters with no AAs or quests or flags or anything done, in case that is also loaded during zoning.

Or Daybreak could actually let us know the answer...
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Before I derailed the thread, the OP has a good point. It has been a long time since we got new tradeskilled bags. I think it is time for some new larger bags.

Unfortunately, it is probably too late for them to be added to the next expansion, but they can be added any time, really. Maybe for anniversary?
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea I don’t think a few recipes and a few new items should take too much time to create.

Hell if they wanted they could backfill additional bags to previous expansions. With COTF being the last expansion that had bags you could probably do 1 per TS expansion.

TDS - Use August Animal Pelts, 24 slot bags
    ROS - Use Conflagrant Reptile hides and/or silks, 28 slot bags
    TBL - Use Primordial Dynastic Radiance, 32 slot bags
    ToV - Use Velium Infused Pelt and/or silk, 36 slot bags
    CoV - Use Restless Velium Infused Pelt, 40 slot bags

Something like that. Or they could just add it to the next expansion, using the current animal pelts and silks. I also like the idea as I mentioned in the original post of requiring you have multiple tiers of pelts that you merge together for a component that is required in bag making so that the combine isn’t as simple as just sitting in one camp and grinding out a bunch of bags.

Having Tradeskill and Collectible bags would be nice. I just recently got to the point where all my bags on my main are 44 or 42 slot. There aren’t any tradeskill bags larger than 40 slot so I can either keep the 40 slot tradeskill bags for filtering purposes or use a 42 slot to gain 2 extra slots. It would be nice if there was always a max slot size tradeskill and collectible bag. The anniversary quests offer the collectible variant already with the 44 slot Deep Cavern bag. I just hope they can offer a similar sized tradeskill bag as well.

A much bigger ask would be additional container types, which likely has some coding implications.

One that only accepts Quest flagged items
    One that only accepts consumables (food, potions, reagents, ammo, powersources)
    One that only accepts weapons and armor or equippable items.

The quest bag may be useful early in an expansion when you may have a bunch of quest items in your bags and you want to filter them. Realistically I don’t see me keeping one in a primary inventory slot after progression is done.

A consumable bag might be nice to be able to organize all your stuff you are constantly using into one bag. The benefit I could see here is you don’t run into bandolier issues or just general clutter when you finish a stack of poisons or tonics or food which would open a slot in your top bag.

A weapon or armor only bag would be great to reduce the annoyance of bandolier from 2h to 1h/shield or dual wield throwing weapons into random bags.

I think all of these could be cool to see. I’d love to see at least 1 ingame obtainable version of each of these. Perhaps the quest bag from finishing Champion achievement (all quests) in next expansion. The consumable bag could be obtained from the collectible achievement or maybe one of the Hunter achievements. The equipment bag from either the Paragon or Conqueror achievements? Then sell some equivalent or smaller sized variants in the marketplace so you can justify the code/Dev time for this?
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, there are LOTS of ways to test.

Loading the same char I have now, with 3 full houses and a full bank, but no CoV, and who loads zones quickly, once I get CoV is a perfectly fine test. If the zone times go up a lot, then CoV (and perhaps Dragon's Hoard) are the culprit. If my zone times don't change, then CoV/DH are not the issue.

I did want to mention, there are lots of players who use extensive housing to store items. And there are lots of players who have CoV. And nobody else has brought up longer zone times since CoV launched (9 months ago). Seems to me that it's unlikely to be the answer to your issue. But I will find out once I get CoV.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. demi Augur

we wont see anymore bigger bags for 1 reason .. they sell bigger bags in the marketplace .. which means if they were to put TS bigger bags in game for anyone to make they would loose money .. and DBG cant have that .. they wont have that .. so there 99% will not be bigger bags in-game for TSers ..
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They could add new marketplace bags as wel.

Currently all they sell are 32 slot general and 40 slot tradeskill bags.

In game you can get 44-40 slot general bags from any number of Hunter achievements and 40 slot tradeskill bags from some Hunter or collect achievements and 32 slots from Tradeskills.

Add some 44 slotters to marketplace and let us craft 40 slotters. Maybe with 42/44 lore variants made using group and raid ores combined with the normal bag.
  10. demi Augur

not too many peeps do hunter achievements .. or collects.. also DPG not only sells the bags in marketplace but they also sell packages of bags on the website that you can then /claim ..
    I think if they did implement a new TS bag or bags in-game there bag sales would decrease tremendously ..

I usually dont worry about hunter /ach due to I cant usually find few peeps to kill them and I cant kill them on my own .. yes there are a few named i kill here and there with the occasional guildie , but for the most part I cant get all of them so i usually dont worry bout hunter ..

Collections I can do and now with overseer it makes it a bit easier so I'll prolly start getting those bags from past expansions such as TBL sense I was not able to do that expansion accept for the FF misson a few dozen times and smoke trials ..

also with currency from doing missions there is usually a NPC merchant that sells 40slot bags in TBL , ToV and CoV .. i know i was able to purchase a few off the TBL merchant and ToV merchant .. have not done CoV yet so dont have coin enough to buy those ..

also with the new "perks" coming there will be larger trader satchels for traders and 2 more inventory slots.. I still feel like an extra 44 slots isnt much for the $3 price tag (as far as traders go) I think there should be 20 to 30 slot trader satchels ..

I would be ok with them giving us new TS quest bags in the 22, 24, 26 range as those bags are not sold in market and the older expansions that give those size's as a reward are really old and not many peeps want to go back and do them just to get a 22 slot bag when there are more easier ways to get bigger bags now .. but if TSers could make them it wouldn't cut into marketplace sales and it would give the TSers something to do and sell ..
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Based on what? Have you done a survey? Hunter, perhaps, but collections? Most are not hard to get, and the ones which are can now be gotten through Overseer. I see collection achievements in chat all the time in PoK.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. demi Augur

you must of missed part of my post of where i said that already about overseer

13. Duder Augur

Wrong
    Flatchy and Elyssanda like this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You missed the part where you said most people don't do them. This response doesn't address that at all.
  15. demi Augur

only people who raid really end up doing hunter .. very few casuals accomplish this .. (hence i did not say no body does , just very few)

I will also concede that my first post regarding my quote on hunter and bundling collections in with that statement is wrong, However again before Overseer and the TBL chase loots VERY FEW casuals attempted this ..

missed what part your post simply stated what I already said .. here let me show you your error ..

see my post below ..

and now yours were you just state the same thing i just posted above ..

and before overseer most people did not do them .. unless they were doing it for the chase loot from FF mission from TBL .. not alot of people are gonna go back 18 expansions do do named hunter in pop ( 18 expansion is random # , i didnt actually count) and until this last year not many people did collections .. granted the few OCD peeps who need every blue box colored in .. and again for the TBL chase loots .. with overseer it made it much much easier .. again which i said above ..
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

I would think the best way to get hunters done is to join the raids when expansion first opens . I never do but I would like to start some time lol.
  17. Duder Augur

What does raiding have to do with hunter achievements?
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Have you had no one lead open Named raid on your server during this extra spawn time? I've seen more than one going in Gen chat on Cazic. Now yes, our guild, and I'm sure others have been running our own, but I know there have been ones for non-raiders too.