Weapon Ornament Request, Round Two

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Dre. Altoholic

I'd like some options for classic, low-fantasy, functional weaponry.

Shiny Brass Halberd
    [IMG]

Dark Reaver 5404
    [IMG]

Lupine Dagger 7213
    [IMG]

Enameled Black Mace 6401
    [IMG]

Silvery War Axe 5364
    [IMG]

Runed Falchion 5503
    [IMG]

Velium Etched Stone Mace 32056
    [IMG]

Cudgel of the Oppressor 68592
    [IMG]

Granite Scepter of Cruelty 27529
    [IMG]
  2. chungus Journeyman

Would love to have an eok raid caster staff ornament, we have had like all the melee ornaments, but not one of those yet.

I can't figure it out, but Nightfears Halo.
  3. Kakgumu New Member

One thing that still hasn't made its way into the game after 20+ years that I feel would have a tremendous impact in this area would be to add some functionality (via a quest line or even a Daybreak store service) that would "rip" the cosmetics from an already existing item in your inventory. This would result in a new tradable ornament that you could could use on the appropriate item type or trade/sell to other players.

ProTip: You could also do this with weapon procs...just sayin! ;-)

Kak
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

This has been requested in various forms thru the years. The time and effort that would be required to do so is prohibitive. In fact, the container idea that's been kicking around for years was mentioned earlier in this thread. This or the first version might even be the thread in which Ngreth shoots it down in its entirety.
    Stymie and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It was a thread before that went many pages of me telling people there is no way before Ngreth confirmed, this will never happen (transform thingy).

The first request thread came out of that, and they were, in theory at the time, to be put on the marketplace.

Overseer came out and got many of them.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Overseer and Anniversary vendor got some of the second round.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I believe Ngreth said he would unlock the overseer and anniversary merchant items to the marketplace or swap them around at a later date so we could purchase them in the marketplace later on.

Some were placed in the marketplace, overseer and anniversary..

Would love to get some of the overseer weapons in the marketplace soon for tlp servers
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. PakaAgunn New Member

Dragon Figurine :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com) secondary
    Archaic Wand of Dark Waters :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com) primary
    Velketor's Spell Book :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com) primary
    Blood Runed Battle Wand :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com) primary
    Korlach Summoner's Wand :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com) secondary
    (tried to upload images but don't have the time to figure it out lol)
    These would be pretty cool, I also get pretty bored of having to have a shield ornament, I think having the summoners wand or dragon figurine or a spell book would be nice.
  9. Celephane Augur

I wouldn't waste my time doing it on this thread. This thread is dead, it's use has been completed. We need a new one or you will just need to come back at a later time and copy/paste to a new one.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Marabitos New Member

Did this idea die off already? Havent seen a new thread pop up.
  11. Szilent Augur

die? No, it transcended. It accomplished its purpose, fulfilled its quest. This thread is *done*, not "dead"
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I think he was talking about when someone said they'd post a round 3 thread.
    Ozon likes this.
  13. Zoomi New Member

While I wait for a round 3 thread, is it possible to be a weapon designer for EQ? Only a handful of ornaments satisfy and complement my character model. Also, I think it would be nice to have some new ornaments in game.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Short answer: No.

Two points towards a longer answer:
    -You'd have to be hired by them, and then assigned to being a 'weapon designer'. They just hired some new art team members so competition would be the highest it has in many years. Besides the assumption that you'd be doing much more than just weapons.

-The Player Studio program was cancelled years ago, I highly doubt they will ever pick it up again.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I really wish it were.. I'd love new goodies for my houses from you all.
    MasterMagnus and Winnowyl like this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

sigh...
    I've mentioned before, there are still a number of items in the game files (several robes and some house items) that were never released on the marketplace although all the work had been done for them.

Once 64 bit is released, I plan to ask one final time for those items to be released.

Very slim chance you would see those added. It seems like a waste to have people download those files with every patch and they don't sell them! But they may even remove them from the 64 bit client (file packs) for all we know.

With the move to hire new art staff, I don't see them engaging player made art again any time soon. It's a darn shame. And I've never been able to fully grasp their thinking on it.
  17. Eros New Member

I would love the see the Ranger Elf shoes for GOD expansion
    Dre. likes this.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

Maybe they're working on an item-as-ornament system :)
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

:D

Oracle says: No. No they are not.
    Celephane and Szilent like this.
  20. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

These two exist.
    the first can be obtained though guide events and the 2nd is from the overseer merchant
    Yinla likes this.