EQ is now a pay to win game !

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cokkie, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Panikker Elder

only good one is the first lol ...TLP extra 5% yes please!!!
  2. quakedragon Augur

EQ is already a pay to win game.

Instead of doing that $3 $4 $5 xp bonus, just buy a krono.

Ask for someone to PL for a krono. P2W.
    If I did this, I'd sell the krono 3mil, use 2mil as PL 1 mil for the gear upgrades. P2W.
  3. Namde Augur

The perks suck . Give this a rest.
  4. quakedragon Augur

I agree the perks are a joke.
    If they looking for ways to get people to spend $$$.
    Cosmetics is the way.
    Thats how GW2 does it, there game store has sooo many good choices of cosemetics. GW2 I know they doing good because, they basically did an expansion FOR FREE, Icebrood Saga. Still tons of people everywhere too. Mega bosses have 2 to 4 instances happening. Its doing good. Cosmetics is how Guild Wars brings in cash.

EQ wants more cash, they need to make very appealing, must buy it type cosmetics, armor, mounts, mercenaries, etc.

The perks just look like something a normal sub gives already (I know it doesn't give those rewards)
  5. Nolrog Augur

The perks are interesting, and I will probably get them on the main toon, but they aren't really game breaking.

By the way, the OP says Perk 2 is you don't lose XP when you die. This is not what they said in the announcement. It says you "won't lose a level when you fall in battle". That does not mean you don't lose XP or do not incur an XP debt when you would go below 0% like in EQ2.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Randomized Augur

That’s paying for convenience. Not to win. Big difference.
  7. kenmei Augur

At first glance, I was like 'p2w, right! it's eq, its grind for life..but fair' right?
    nope.
    level 1-30 corpse summoning stones in guild lobby..30p.
    do you know what 30p is to a level 1-30?

let me explain this one, as I finally had to almost buy a corpse summoning stone after running maybe 10 pairs of duos through the tutorial trying to find that sweet mix and server....
    30p is huge, 1- u only see it once leaving the tutorial or 2- after a huge dungeon grind. you would need to spend it on the spells and abilities and upgrades in gear, especially after a good grind like that, maybe 2-3 levels of stuff to buy.
    but you wont see it being spent on a corpse run.
    which is weird, as expedient recovery was on cooldown (though never died).

anyways, as I noticed further, alot of basic quality of life from then on out is just ridiculously priced, by the game, not players. It's like between these prices and krono, EQ created the crux of the main complaint of why people leave eq in the first place... now forcing it from a forced sub to a forced sub AND forced perks AND buy krono to trade for equipment?

no. that wasnt brad's vision.
    and I very much doubt you will understand and correct the issue.
    this is just a warning for new and returning players.
    seeya.
  8. code-zero Augur

People acting like the game was free to play since 1999...
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Randomized Augur

Below 60 experience and plat is so plentiful (with the ladder only increasing with levels) that it’s not worth getting a corpse summons/rez until 60+
    Quik likes this.
  10. kenmei Augur

You could say that, just like you could type any lie, same ending, you'd be lying. I literally just ran 10 duos, that's 20 toon. Thru the 1-34 experience. In no way is plat plentiful. But do and say what u feel makes you safe at night. Because that's all you're doin, it ain't no truth to anything u said, just blah blah, my tongue up this *** a**.
    I'm looking out for the game in regards to new blood, which doesn't exist and I'm pointing out a glaring reason as to why (since most of us tlp)
  11. Randomized Augur

Depends on where you're killing I guess

The experience you lose at level 30, you do not need a rez. You waste more time going through that whole process than it does to recover the lost exp. Which is only 1 or 2 kills at that level range.

And lets take Blightfire Moors for example (since it's 10-45 zone and fits your criteria): Blightfire Infused "whatevers" sell for about 4pp a piece and stack and drop like crazy. The bees by Stonehive drop thorax's (I believe thats what they are), that stack and sell for 20pp a piece and are a common drop.

The Hedgedevils drop "Shambling Vegetables" which also stack and sell for really well.
    The treants drop bark which also stacks and sells well
    The Sporali's also drop something that stacks and sells well
    The wolves drop claws that are I think 30pp a piece to sell
    Random mobs all over the zone drop jewels that sell for 10-30pp a piece
    The Rats throughout the entire zone drop Pancreases that stack and sell for 30pp a piece.

The Tutorial, you can run around and loot every barrel in there. They hold bows that sell for 1pp a piece. The staves from the caster kobolds sell for 5pp a piece. Defiant gear drops all over from all sorts of mobs and those sell for a few pp a piece

There's plat for you.

Experience: most mobs (assume you're fighting dark blue and higher conned mobs) will net roughly 5% of a level per kill. Upon dying within this level range, you lose like 7%. The time it takes to run to the guild lobby and rez yourself and run back, you could have just gone straight back to the zone and started killing again and made up for it in a heart beat.

And just to check, I logged into a 48 Necromancer I have in Goru'kar Mesa, and he's sitting on about 5k plat. That's all from just killing and selling between Tutorial, Crescent Reach, Blightfire Moors, and Mesa.
    Quik and CatsPaws like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Randomized obviously understands how to play the game.:) If more players, new, or "returners" or whoever would play this way they would stop whining. Quit skipping expansions and all the good stuff they have.

And don't forget the quest lines. They reward plat and the higher the level, the higher the plat. This outline in his post continues thru the game. So your plat rewards stay in line with your merc cost, spell costs etc.

In what possible way could the game be Play to win when no one ever wins the game.

These perks are just extras for "the entitled" players who think they get more by the more they spend. Someone used the term "whales" but in this game everyone is more like a minnow. Some players just want to get stuff as fast as they can. Nothing wrong with that. But....

If you use your brain and some strategy you do not have to pay for any of this - unless you want to. It is pure choice. There are ways of obtaining everything listed in the new perks thru the marketplace or loyalty tokens or baz or gameplay already.
    Nennius and Randomized like this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

except for the 2 extra inventory slots.. and yes, I am buying them.. but I consider it as a raise in my base EQ subscription. Even buying that 1 perk, I will still be under $15/month (ok 30 since 2 accounts) for an ENORMOUS amount of fun and playtime. I know I get more than a $1/day return. Since I cut my Starbucks Chai Latte addiction, I can well afford it.
    Qelil, CatsPaws, Stymie and 1 other person like this.
  14. Qelil Augur

I have now moved through the stages of grief over my subscription increase and come to acceptance. I feel better now. Nothing can trouble me further... for now at least.

I think the OP missed the memo a long time ago about EverQuest. Nobody wins EverQuest. Nobody. It's the game that never ends. Yes, it goes on and on my friends!

All that said, personally I feel like I win every time I log in! Speaking of which, I think I will leave here and go there right now! Bye! :)
    code-zero likes this.
  15. junglenights Augur

I'm getting old. I'm in my 40's and I've played a lot of mmo's. The main thing about them isn't hte money or the experience or what you pay to play or even the challenge. It's the friends you make while accomplishing goals. In the moment, the goals are the apparent purpose, like ganiing more numbers or quests or beating a raid boss or surviving in hostile circumstances. But that's all so easily forgettable if you're doing it alone. YOu have friends (i.e. family)? That's to be alive. We may not understand in the process of playing, but that's what you'll remember when this is all over. It's what you have and what you know AFTER you know and have it all that matters.

What am I getting at? Maybe what I'm trying to get across is mmo's will always have these troubles with numbers and goal-oriented topics. But don't waste so much time concerning yourself with those things. I spent a lot of my time doing that, so this is why I am trying to share this. Rather, look at how many friends you have in-game? Is your guild going strong? Do you feel a sense of family with everyone? Do you sacrifice your time to help others? Are others doing the same for you? If all your possessions and numbers are removed from you, wha'ts leftover?
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

One of the things I liked about Everquest, was that everyone was on equal footing in the game world, independent of the player's real life finances. It made the game more fair imho.

I don't like this direction, that the game is taking. :(
  17. Randomized Augur

These perks don't offer any player power - still has people on the same footing
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

10% increase of rewards, do affect player power.

Depends on how you interpret "player power" though . They don't affect your dps or ac directly, but you get your upgrades 10% faster.

The ability to reach your in-game goals faster, is imho an increase of player power.
  19. Qelil Augur

I believe that's 10% for mercs and 5% for players isn't it? Just to put that into a bit of context, Halflings as a racial got 5% more xp didn't they? I believe my Troll gets a little less as a racial liability? But then he is so damned handsome with a plumber's crack to die for that it seems only fair.

I don't see a lot of halflings running around despite their xp advantage. I guess 5% has not been a huge deal for over 20 years really or they'd be everywhere wouldn't they? Maybe not since you'd have to be a halfling.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Some of my personal in-game goals for an expansion, is to complete all the quests/raids and get max level/AA and getting fresh raidgear in all slots.
    Beating quests/raids is made difficult by gear-checks.
    The acquisition of raidgear is limited by the size of raidcoin rewards, among other things. Plat is also a limiting factor(yes Im that poor).
    This is also affected by the perks

It is not just about the XP, although that is also a part of it