At what point do you give up on something?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Bigstomp Augur

You delay something I think. I can't see giving up on anything in everquest, it just goes onto your todo list.
    Aanuvane and Skuz like this.
  2. Stymie Pendragon

I've given up on a few items for Epic 1.0s in the past out of boredom and aggravation, but since I was playing on FV at the time I ended up paying too much for them in the Bazaar instead.

That Pegasus cloak was just too much! I couldn't get the spawn cycle figured out no matter how many walk-throughs I tried, or hours I wasted running all over the zone.
  3. Tucoh Augur

In gaming, if it aint fun, find something else to do.

Easier said than done in MMOs, especially long-lived ones like EQ. There are a few things I've done in EQ that I haven't enjoyed and frankly I regret most of them. The TBL chase items are probably the best example. It's not worth it.
    I had fun doing the Pegasus cloak over a few hours. It was during a double spawn event and I had the entire zone to myself with my bard/ranger. Once I got it I decided to never do it again.
    bobokatt, Nennius, demi and 1 other person like this.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

On a totally unrelated note, I was marking our leftover boxes from the Mexican restaurant when I got home earlier with our 1st initial so we'd know what was in them. Ron, Nick, Gidget:)
  5. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

When I cant solo the quest/task/mission; progression, in general. I have several end raids that will probably never get accomplished. :(
  6. Celephane Augur

Lots of them are still worth it and I'd do them anyway just to understand more about the lore of the class. PLUS the ornaments can be worth it as well.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I still one day plan to return and get that wolf pet summoning weapon from the sayers.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I quit once. I was going for my epic when it was still relevant. I hunted the infamous Quillmane for a month straight with no luck. I had help from a ranger and druid friend for tracking . I killed that nasty unicorn 3 times without it dropping the cloak I needed.

On my last day before I quit, we were endlessly killing everything that moved. All of a sudden there was an ooc. Someone said, " I just zoned in and look what just dropped. >>>Pegasus Feather Cloak<<<. It wasn't another mage who got it, it was a druid. :mad: I got irritated and gave up. Went and got my PoP pets and never looked back.
  9. Shredd Augur

old hunter for bags. . I have to many bags.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

Bloodied Harrower - Arena of Chance - 536 Rujarkian Missions and still trying - but I feel like I'm close to giving up. I give up every couple of weeks then go back to it for another 50 missions and absolutely no good reason to do it other than "it's there".

Anyone on Povar need Goblin Bones?
  11. FawnTemplar Augur

I give up on recipes immediately if I see the words "bazu bone."
    [IMG]
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Would this be the wrong place to mention that a certain dwarf made a nice profit selling Bazu Bone(s)?

I obsess over over unchecked boxes. As a result, I don't quit too often. But, there are quests and nameds that I do stop attempting until a level increase happens.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. FawnTemplar Augur

I don't mind paying for stuff that is hard to find but on Xegony there were only 3 in the baz for like 250k each. I just can't justify paying that much when I need like thirty-something of them.
  14. Aanuvane Augur

Korafax.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

:)
  16. FawnTemplar Augur

I had a toon in Korafax, one in Noble's Causway, and one in WoS, killing every bazu on cooldown for three days (8-10 hours a day) and got ~20 maybe...

I don't understand how bones are that rare on an animal that is that big lol.
  17. Aanuvane Augur

I do agree they are still rare - but I wouldn't bother with anywhere but Korafax. I don't think I've ever gotten one from classic OoW zones after a lot of farming, but I get one per clear of Korafax on average when I'm looking for them.

Didn't mean to derail the thread.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

knowing when I need to step away from the PC is my hard part..
    Sissruukk, Randomized and Aanuvane like this.
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

The entire game.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Also a solid spot for girplan feathers.