Time To Go (again}

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by qsnoopyjr, Sep 24, 2021.

1. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

Well, I tried coming back. 4 accounts with L 105 characters. I've been working on them daily for 4 months but basically getting nowhere. LFG for hours and hours but, pretty much nada. Tried two boxing with mercs but to few aa's with lowish level gear to be able to handle most HA's. I love the concept of Overseer quests but they can't replace grouping and having fun. I have bought the COV expac on all my accounts hoping to get caught up and enjoy the content, but, I guess it was a mistake. My comments here are directed at any Daybreak management that may peruse this forum / thread. I, sadly cancelled my accounts tonight and am going back into retirement. This is not a whine thread. I am putting this out there to show one individuals effort to come back, and ultimately fail. I am hoping DBG will look for a path for folks like me to come back and be successful enjoying this great game. Ciao.
  2. Randomized Augur

I came back 2 months ago, have 2 accounts (3rd one available but not being played), and have recently gotten 2 characters up to 115, and am now playing around with alts and have multiple toons between 80-110. Some times boxing, other times going solo.

Boxing makes it a lot easier. Are you Silver or FTP? That may have a lot to do with stunting your progression
  3. demi Augur

sounds like a whine thread ..

I was gonna give this big O long rebuttal about how 4 lvl 105 toons boxing cant make it in EQ .. even if you just 2 boxed with mercs within 4 months just doing FM you could get to 110 easy then go into GMM .. but I wont go into all that ..

If you cant make it in EQ cause you cant find groups or a decent guild , sorry its a you problem not a game issue ..

you didnt mention what server your on . or if your F2P or All Access .. if F2P then yes your gonna be low on AA's and your mercs aren't that good at lvl 105 being apprentice ..

come to bertox i'll group with ya if you play during my times or we can set up a session on my day off ..

otherwise .. pls dont whine about how EQ is the culprit of your downfall ..

I'm trying to be nice .. but if you dont want to help yourself then dont let the EQ door hit you where the good lord split ya ..

I am sorry to see you go ..
  4. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

Thank you for your response. My toons were all access. How, may I ask, did you get your characters to L 115 in two months boxing and solo. I am totally baffled. Cudo's to you sir. I still have 29 days or so left on my accounts. If you have a roadmap, I could have dearly used it. TY
  5. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

6. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

Demi. I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable. My post is a heads up to Daybreak that there may be players that want to come back that are unable to overcome the current game construct even boxing 2 characters. I can only box two accts for hardware reasons. Your comment "If you cant (sic) make it in EQ cause (sic) you cant (sic) find groups or a decent guild, sorry, its (sic) a you problem not a game issue." Sadly, that is a really glib comment. Losing folks like me continue to take revenue away from Daybreak. Your attitude towards players like me may one day kill YOUR game. Then you can post your opinions on Discord or somewhere like that while you look for new, online, validation. As a final thought, no MMO game should require players to box multiple accounts just to progress. That was the simple intent of this thread. Thanks for your offer to join you on Bertox. I am not on that server but you have redeemed yourself in my eyes, a little bit, with that offer.
  7. aozs Augur

Off the top of my head, grinding mobs in Lceanium is easy and can take you to 110, from there you can suit up in Snowbound from bazaar and whatever other t1 ToV tradeable loot there is. That should set you up to be able to do GMM The Darkness Howls mission (you'll need a puller or cc but if you can get singles/cc properly it's very easy) for accessories and weapons to fill in gaps if needed. The difficulty wouldn't exceed the simplest "tank and spank 1 level appropriate mob at a time". It may take a while, however, if you aren't killing stuff very fast.

Full suit of Snowbound/GMM is a good starter pack for being able to enter ToV.

If you can find a way to box all 4 chars that'd be best, though even if you can get to 3 to fill a group with 3 mercs it'd be substantially better than a 2 box. I'm not sure what hardware limitation you have but I'm wondering what options you've explored since EQ is extremely light on system requirements by today's standards.
  8. demi Augur

lol you didn't make me feel uncomfortable .. like i said .. your the one coming on here telling people that this game cant accept new or returned players cause EQ is soooo hard and you had 4 months and 2 toons that you couldnt make it ..

I'll repeat what i said just for clarification .. if you cant (within) 4months 2 boxing (2) all access accounts with T5 Journeyman mercs at lvl 105 .. then its a YOU problem not a EQ Problem ..

let me quote you here " I am putting this out there to show one individuals effort to come back, and ultimately fail "
    I dont think you did much effort at all , granted I dont know your play schedule and how long you have to play each day /week ..

I offered to group with you and help you if you wanted .. so i was trying to be nice ..

as you stated its just one individuals point of view .. and your not the only one who thinks EQ is difficult ..
    but its really not a hard game .. yes catching up on AA's post 105 or whenever autogrant stops is prolly the only difficult part , if you can call it difficult more of a grind really .. but it is tedious to say the least ..
    so you did not offend me in anyway or make me feel uncomfortable .. i just wanted to state clearly that EQ is not difficult and if you box 2 or 3 or even solo/molo and you find a good nice family casual guild you should have no problems finding groups the majority of the time .. will you find a group from your guild every day or hour prolly not .. thats why we or (I) box .. for those times I cant find groups ..

sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable or offend you .. the offer still stands if you want to give it another shot .. if you play on Bertox hit me up i'll group with ya ..
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

If you turned on /lfg and asked for groups in general chat all day, you were doing it wrong. That isn't how it works anymore. Join a guild.

I box three characters, but I only really need two. I can do any group content comfortably without raid gear. I stopped playing in Ring of Scale, and started playing again just before Claws of Veeshan hit - so I started with bad gear. It was easy to gear myself up to current content through the bazaar, camping the right named for augs, and taking any taskadd that was being offered. This is simply the state of Everquest now, and it's impossible for the game to be radically changed so that all content can be completed with one character and a merc.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you try looking for a group in Frontier Mountains? I know on AB there is always groups there killing stuff.

Many people don't use the LFG tool or join general, so your far better going to the zone yourself and asking in OOC or sending tells.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. Windance Augur

We seem to see the same type posts every couple weeks.

Be proactive & social.

1 - Be the one to start a group.

2 - If stuff is too difficult, find something you can do. When someone joins move to something better.

3 - Don't ignore your AA's. level 105 is the last set you get from auto grant and they do make a difference.
  12. demi Augur

I'll do you one better just in case you dont play on Bertox .. let me know what server your on and I'll start 2 toons on that server and lvl them up or if i have a few heroics lying around i'll start at 85 but it wont be long before i can get to 105 or 110 especially with bonus xp coming up in few weeks ..

so you let me know what server you play on and give me a few weeks and we can group up together sometime ..
    Stymie likes this.
  13. Wyndar Journeyman

If you are leveling up to ~115 for the first time on a live server, it can be quite tedious. You really have to make sure you upgrade your gear every 5 levels or so past the ~80 game. Make sure your tank has a full array of AC augs. If you are boxing, make sure you have the 3 base roles covered : Tank/healer/mezzer.

That being said. Maybe a TLP would actually be a better home for you. On Mischief currently which is at the end of the Velious era, there are always people leveling at any range. Far less overwhelming in terms of catching up. The expansions might release at a rate that works for you.

EDIT: If you can only do 2 max I would go tank/mezzer and rely on merc heals/dps
  14. Knight-errant Journeyman

Why not box all 4 accounts? With 2 mercs, that's a full group right there. Even if you aren't playing them all to their full potential with the split attention, you should be able to handle most of the content.
  15. demi Augur

He already mentions that his system cant handle more than 2 accounts ..

why that is I do not know unless maybe he is using a laptop .. I do not use laptops so not sure as to how they do on multiple EQ accounts im sure most laptops can handle 2 EQ instances but 4 might be too much ..
  16. Gialana Augur

When you mentioned too few AA, were you talking about mercenary AA or your character's AA? Since you still have All Access accounts, AA autogrant is available to you for almost all AA released through EoK. EoK was the last expansion before the level cap went from 105 to 110, so autogrant you give you nearly all of the AAs that are available at your level. If you haven't used the autogrant feature because you don't want to, that's understandable. However, that choice would also mean accepting a longer and more difficult path.

If you meant mercenary AA, then yes, those come slowly. One way to earn some more quickly would be doing the bonus HAs from Clayton Teek in PoK, but only the ones offered from the CotF expansion, I think. That should give you at least 1 merc AA per HA. Unfortunately, there are only 2 bonus HAs offered per day, and they can also come from TDS, TBM, and EoK.

For gear, an option may be hanging out in Frontier Mountains. If there are a bunch of folks there on your server, they may call out visible armor rots. In that expansion, all you have to do is right-click the drop to make your Cohort Armor. The results are the T1 pieces listed on both this Allakhazam page and this EqResource page.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am not going to offer any suggestions as that has been covered in your previous posts like this one - where you are in a guild, are all access, have a level 115 and all the guild does is raid.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-question-returning-player-wastelands.277026/

Or this one where you mention you have 3 level 115 characters
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/perfect-3-box-challenge-jess-4-u.276636/

All in the last few months.

And this is why the management does not listen when players complain.

Perhaps pin point what it is you want without extraneous info

Sorry about the bluntness of my post but that's the way it is
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Sebbish New Member

When TOV came out and I was not up to grinding, they started Overseer. I figured how to use it for XP, and in the time collect and reset new tasks, managed to get my mains to 115. Once i got the hang of it, was making 10% or so per day, Plus any XP from other ways. I know it is not ideal, but i understand that some raiders use it to gain back XP lost from Raid night losses, so grouping where you got to 105 plus Overseer should be good. I have seen a lot of characters running with their private guild, but that isn't going to make it easier to find friends or at least helpers, and i am fair sure there are family ish guilds on all servers.
  19. Mims Augur

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I can give a specific example of why I don't want to come back. (I haven't been subscribed for over 3 years, but I occasionally play as PTF)

I recently noticed that I "own" a new expansion. So I went to check out what I could do in The Burning Lands. What I found was I can't get past the first zone without doing group content. I can't imagine how I would get a group to do content from soon-to-be 3 expansions back, so I decided against subscribing. I can definitely understand requiring groups further into an expansion. I don't recall ever needing a group to get past the first zone.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

Sorry to see you go. Perhaps you'd have more fun playing on a TLP? The end game does get to be somewhat of a grind unless you have a goal that can carry you through the rough spots.