where do we do class wish lists? (druid)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Szilent, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Szilent Augur

I would very much like Winter's Wild* line of spells to be Chromatic resist instead of Prismatic. Those are functionally very much the same, except now that the triggered fire half of Wild* doesn't proc things, the whole spell doesn't proc Whispering/Blazing Fire augs. Chromatic resist would restore that. And 3sec cast instead of current 3.25s. Roar exists as chunkyboi nuke, I'd like Wilds to be a bit more "ready" nukes.

The Sunrake Blessing spells were also "hit" by the change to prevent triggered spells from doing procs. That Sunrake Blessing's nuke part is a trigger gives the overall spell a couple features - druid gets Twinheal even if the nuke is resisted, and druid gets to cast the spell even if the primary target has no target themselves. I would trade those features for the shm version Wintry Gift, which while it requires the target to have a target and denies Twinheal on a resist - has the benefits of 1) getting spell procs (notably Arms of Holy Wrath, functionally reducing its mana cost), and 2) generating Gift of Mana, Sunrake does not do that any more. I'm pretty sure(?) the triggered nuke used to make GoM, that's why it has a spell level and a mana cost in the first place, but it doesn't now because the base spell isn't a nuke or heal.

Those are more "fixes" than a holiday wish list. Something new? Blessing of E`Ci AA needs to step up beside Blessing of Ro to cast highest rank of Restless Frost atk debuff. This is substantially overdue.

And Blessing of Karana? I don't even know what that one would do, but the symmetry is available :)
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Stealing from posts from 2019 and 2020:

Stacking Issues:
    Improved Twincast (AA), Distant Conflagration (AA) and Twincast (Spell). If you have Improved Twincast on and you cast Twincast, Twincast's 5 minute recast timer begins but it does not land. This may be due to Twincast spell being instant cast and it checking if it will land before it burns the recast timer, but I find it odd that if you try to use Bifold when you have Improved Twincast up it will prevent you from doing so and will not burn Bifold's recast timer, which is obviously the preferred. Similarly Distant Conflagration must be cast before Improved Twincast or Improved Twincast prevents Distant Conflagration from landing. I’d like to see all Twincast abilities stack and it always prioritize spell Twincast while it’s up then go to specific Twincast like Distant, and last check for Improved or Bifold.

Existing Spell Improvements:

Chant of the Wulthan and Wildtender's Breeze are two different group cure spells we have, the former cures only corruption and the later cures poison/disease/corruption. It always seemed like an error to me that the later version had corruption cures rather than curse cures. As it stands we have two different spells that group cure corruption counters which makes no sense, and it makes us the only priest that cannot group cure curse debuffs.

Sustaining Growth currently summons a pet that casts Growing Exuberance, an 800 mana heal every 6 seconds for 1 minute and then when it desummons itself it casts Sustained Replenishment, an 8-9k mana heal. The primary reason druids use this spell is immediately after a rez to recover mana. The issue is it is such a slow trickle at 800/tick for the first minute you’re often not able to cast enough group heals to live through more AEs and end up dying again. I suggest moving the logic on the Sustained Replenishment cast so that it is cast immediately upon being summoned. This way we get a the same amount of mana returned but it’s front loaded so we can get back on our feet more easily after a rez.

Defense of the Reptile defensive proc is detrimental with a reflected heal proc after. However if the mob in question is immune to fire the heal does not proc. I believe this is the same case for the other priest defensive proc buffs Shining and Ennui. As primarily defensive minded buffs, it would seem that the intent was to provide that defensive bonus first and then apply the detrimental component. It would be preferable if the defensive proc would fire the heal first on the player/merc and then reflect the debuff/stun/slow on the attacker afterwards. Preferably though just remove the Debuff component entirely as it’s benefit is negligible and it eats a Debuff slot. Also it conflicts with Paladin self Preservation proc buff, it should be moved to a different line so it stacks with all tank defensive proc buffs as the other priest counterpart buffs do.

Frenzied Growth and Icerend Breath these two spell lines are both 2.5 seconds, which puts them too fast to benefit from most spell haste effects. In the end this makes them slower than any spell with a base cast time of 3-4 seconds. These are spells that aren't cast extremely often in combat, but they really make me feel like time stands still compared to all the other spells we have even though it is only 0.5-1.0 second difference from a lot of our spells. I'd love to see both of these spells have their base cast time increased to 3 seconds so that spell haste works on them.

Icerend Aura, really why is this a 6-minute duration? I get that the enchanter proc aura is also 6-minute duration, but at this point in the game I think all auras should be 30minutes+. Cycling in a spell gem every 6 minutes to cast this spell once for a negligible amount of mana is just a tedious aspect of the spell that should be gone.

Vinespike our instant cast 8 hit “large” damage shield buff is only 2x as strong as our 2 hour DS buff. The value on this DS should be 100k, not 12k.

Talisman/Spirit of Enduring our Regeneration buffs Regen around 1k HP per tick. With tanks having 500k-700k this is such a negligible amount. Not to mention the game has evolved from the days of fighting 4-5 mobs before needing a heal allowing Regen to work quite a bit I’d love to see this line reimagined. Keep the Regen value but also add a 100% Rune value equal to the regen value that would eat 1k off each incoming hit, think of it as you’re instantly regenning after each attack.

Tempestuous Hail remove the hard 40% critical Nuke chance on this spell. Allow our normal critical chance to work on this spell.

Adrenaline (Group ID=5X29) - Remove the Recast Timer 2 linking all versions of this heal together

Rejuvilation (Group ID=5X52) - Remove the Recast Timer 15 linking all versions of this heal together

No other healer has to deal with recast timers on their version basic single target heals. Remove them.

Lunar Group Heal (Group ID=5X32) - Reduce the cast time on every spell in this line from 4.5 to 4.0 seconds. It’s a slight base improvement but it is very necessary to help Druids cope with group healing needs

Tectonic PBAE (Group ID 4X18) - With how much old content is being utilized for things like TBL evolving items or Artisans Prize etc. there is value to being able to clear older trivial content quickly. This spell line we have received since level 24 and it has been very outdated over the year so I’d like to see it updated.

• Make it Instant Cast
    • Remove the Recast Timer
    • Increase the Base damage by around 2-3x to account for its lack of focus effects / ADPS

First of all, the cast time. When you are tanking a bunch of trash I shouldn’t have to cast this spell 20 times before I can channel it. Change this to an instant cast spell. Second of all, the recast timer, remove it. There is no reason for this spell to have it’s ridiculous 25 second recast. Lastly, the damage. The base value of the highest level and rank is about only 8k. This is absolutely pitiful. I remember when our Quad spells had very low values until it was pointed out that AE spells do not focus or benefit from many ADPS forms, therefore they need a higher base damage value.

Harmony (Group ID=5X05) - I have two suggestions for this one. The first is fairly obvious, it’s the only spell we still have that requires you be in an outdoor zone. I’d imagine after 110 levels Druids should be able to commune with nature everywhere. Second, I’d like to see a return to the original use of this spell. The first two spells of this line, Harmony and Harmony of Nature had two components. Decrease Aggro radius and decrease social Radius. After OoW all pacify spells dropped the remove aggro Radius component and left it only with the reduced social Radius. I’d like to see the reduced aggro Radius portion added back on to the spell so that it has some niche uses, unlike its current format which no one uses.

Existing AA Improvements:

Glare of Ro (AE) and Clasp of Ro (Single) debuff spells have a similar issue. The AE version is slightly stronger than the single version, preventing you from overwriting the AE version with the single version. This means we can't use the reflect heal on the single version if you or another druid uses the AE version. It would be really great if they had the same debuff values so they would overwrite each other.

Group Great Wolf and Single Great Wolf AA are on separate timers and druids have been alternating these two AAs constantly since Underfoot. Since VoA we've been able to maintain both of these permanently with no downtime. Since EoK the AAs refresh before the prior one wears off. The problem I have with these AAs is the single version is more powerful than the group version so you can often have issues where single is about to end and you hit group slightly early and then group bounces because it doesn't stack. It would be really great if the single and group lines had the same power.
    Alternatively here I’d like to see Great Wolf become like the Shaman Pact of Wolf A permanent aura that grants druids the self buff in their window and their group members the group buff.

Spirits of Nature and Nature's Guardian pet swarm AAs are on the same recast timer and are generally used at the same time. My issue with these is that the Spirits of Nature AAs have a 100' range to target to summon the pet. Nature's Guardian has a 150' range to target to summon the pet. It would be really great if they had the same 150' range.

Wildtender’s Unity casts our Mask and Coat self buffs currently. Starting with the level 80 version it should add Preincarnation. Starting with the level 105 version it should add in Natures Response/Reaction self buffs.

Spirit/Flight of the Falcon gives these spells the same ATK values as the shaman Spirit of Tal’Tak. I just want melee to not become enraged when I cast Falcon.

Quick Evacuation currently only works to 50% hasten spells flagged as Evcauates. Our last one flagged like this was from Kunark at level 57. Update the AA to work on Zephyrs, Circles and Rings (TLs, group ports and self ports). Also make this spell haste stack beyond 50%. So up to 90% with 30% haste focus, 10% spell haste buff and 50% with this AA. Or add more ranks that get us up to 90%. There is no reason all our port spells should be 10+ second casts now a days.

Teleport to Grand Guild Hall Anchor AA should have its cast time reduced from 20 seconds to about 2 seconds. The ability isn’t usable in combat anymore so there is no balance issue here.

New AAs:

Wizened Spirit - Available to all casting classes, this Innate AA offers a 5-10-15% increased chance for Clairvoyance to successfully trigger on a spell cast.

Magical Mastery - Available to all casting classes, this Innate AA offers a 5-10-15% chance for your spells to use a Spell Damage or Healing Amount value 10x your actual worn value when calculating the final value a spell heals or damages for.

Blessing of E’ci - This activated AA should be available starting in Underfoot with about 1 second cast about 5-10s recast, and it will autocast our Breath Debuff (Group ID=5X09) and our Frost Debuff (Group ID=5X04). These are good spells however they require two spell gems to cast and take too long to cast to be worth it other than on an end-game raid mob basically. Throwing them into a castable AA would see them more frequently utilized against group names and mini raid content.

Blessing of Seasons - This activated AA should be a combination of Blessing of E’ci and Blessing of Ro. It should autocast our highest Fire Debuff (Group ID 5X47), Breath Debuff (Group ID=5X09), and Frost Debuff (Group ID=5X04). Basically this would be our ultimate Druid Debuff AA. Make it activated 1 second cast time but a minute or two reuse. So we can use it to lead off a fight but can’t throw it on every single trash mob in a single cast.

Amphibious Growth - This activated AA would autocast our Reptile spell line (Group ID=5X33), our Growth spell line (Group ID=5X40) and our Alliance spell line (Group ID=5X72] I figure a 2.5sec cast time and 75second reuse to match our Growth spell line. Basically a one stop cast for our tank support buff.

Encompassing Magic - This Innate AA would increase the target limit for our targeted AE Damage spells by 1 targets per rank for 3 ranks.

Endless Precipitation - This Innate AA would increase the maximum hit limit for our rain spell from 4 to 8-12-16, and increase the number of waves that occur from 3 to 4-5-6.

Glamour of Tunare - This activated AA would be an updated version of our level 53 Kunark spell which is a -20 MR Debuff for animals. This updated version should be a 1second cast like the original spell, just increase the MR value to match modern Mali/Tash Debuffs:

[AA] Glamour of Tunare
    Classes: DRU/255
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 10
    Target: Animal
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 20.5m+ (205 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 1
    2: Decrease Magic Resist by 150

Deep Roots - This activated AA would illusion Treant and Root you. Instant cast, 2min duration and 20 minute reuse. While the buff is on, you are immune to Melee push (think Stoicism AA tanks get but full immunity to Melee push) as well as immunity to Gravity well/push and flux abilities. Make it a buff that you cannot click off so that there is a cost to being immune to all things push.

Focus: Nature’s Fiery Wrath - 5 new ranks and each rank reduces the cast time on our Nature’s DoT line by 0.5 seconds until it has a final cast time of 0.5 seconds to match our Sun and Horde DoTs.

Focus: Anabatic Roar - 3 new ranks each cuts 1 second off recast time so we can chain 2 of them.

Embrace of the Seasons - This AA would be an instant cast, 30 second duration with 20 minute reuse. This would be a self buff (Summer’s Intensity) that increases the chance to Twincast a spell by 50% but it is limited to a specific Resist. To start off the first 30 seconds of the AA, it is limited to Fire spells. When the 30 seconds ends, it autocasts another 30 second spell (Winters Intensity) which offers 50% chance to Twincast cold based spells.

Mass Spirit of the Great Wolf - 60 minute reuse, 2 min base duration. Basically an MGBable version of Group Wolf. Make my dreams come true and let me Wolf the entire raid. Bonus points if the illusion is unblockable for maximum druid immersion.

Tranquil Zephyr - Similar to Tranquil Blessing but instead it makes the next Zephyr spell you cast hit everyone in a radius around you.

New Spells:

Shower of Nature - Basically just a Splash heal spell. We are the only priest without one.

Solar Eclipse - This Spell would autocast both our Moonbeam and Sunray DoT/Debuff Spell lines. Often times these DoTs are ignored due to low damage values and limited spell slots. Having a single spell cast them together would be nice. This spell should replace Pearlescent Thornmaw a spell that no one has ever cast.

Regrowth Aura - Functions like our Fire/Cold auras which pulse every 3 Tics with a buff for each group member that offers 6 counters of an additional small DD on each detrimental spell cast. Except this aura would offer 6 counters of an additional small Heal on the target of each beneficial spell cast.

OR

Balance of Nature - Functions like the above aura but instead of it offers a small group Heal on everyone in your group each time they cast a detrimental spell.

Unity of Nature - Casts our best version of HP Skin line, Regen, DS, Mammoth Force on our group.
    Lessw, Rolaque and menown like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Hmm, instead of addressing issues with the class with a few specific adjustments to spells and abilities and even some new stuff, I wonder if they're going to instead spend months copy pasting the same spells again using whatever ridiculously manual tools they have and scrap some more thesauruses for ever more obscure words to describe "thorns", "fireball" and "heal". Just so players have to blow a bunch of plat and memorize a bunch of names to get back to current status quo.
    Waitwhat, Wulfhere and Tatanka like this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Beta is soon. I'd love to see some of these happen.