Please add a marketplace item to UNCLAIM items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Risiko Augur

It's been over 20 years now, and even though there are some out there that are still playing on the exact same server all these years, there are a TON here who have played on more than one server over the years that have claimed items on servers they no longer play on.

Can we PLEASE get an item we can buy a consumable item from the marketplace that will allow us to unclaim an item on one server in order to claim it on another server? Please.

Just personally, I have things on my original server from the FanFaires that I went to for which I can't access on my current server. I have countless items from collector's edition expansions claimed on other servers as well.

You're putting out a new TLP server all the time. It's time to give us the option to move our one-of collectables from our old servers to our current server.

Please consider this DPG.

Maybe if a few thousand replies to this thread were made, they would do it. Who knows. What do you all think?
    Aeonblade, Duladin, Karreck and 3 others like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Not a bad idea. The claim system already gates by expansion so that part should be covered once the items are put back in claim inventory.
    Karreck likes this.
  3. Tymeless Augur

I could get behind this.
    Karreck likes this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

They would probably have to price them at ~$30 otherwise it would cut into bag sales.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  5. Risiko Augur

You have a valid point about bags. Maybe mark containers as non-usable with the unclaim consumables.

I'm more interested in my unique illusions, mounts, and clickables.
    Karreck likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not sure if that would work with Mercenarys as the click for that is used when you get access to them.

They could possibly put the items in the bazaar as single items. Not sure if they can restrict purchases to those who qualified for the items or not.

I have heirloom items which are no longer in the marketplace or came from LoN I'd like to get moved to another server, so something similar for those would be nice too.

Possibly a shared bank space that works on all servers, can only put heirloom items in their.

I'd like to see expansion bonuses going back to 999 for illisuons etc, especially as these are not available from else where.
  7. Tymeless Augur

An heirloom bank would be awesome but may be a bit interesting to code for because of expansions things are tied to. Maybe have one bag be able to be transferred across multiple servers too. I get bag sales with each new tlp and not wanting to cut into that.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, Krono go to character on X server but if you log into character on Z server you can claim it so long as both are on the same account so its not impossible.

EQ is all about making money and I could see this costing them sales for the collectable and premium editions of the expansions.

But they have passed up tons of good ideas players have had to increase revenue in the game which would be way easier than this so in a convoluted way I can see them stabbing themselves in the foot and offering this for less than the cost of an expansion with the goodies. That way you could just buy 1 copy and then keep buying the thing to move it to different server.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I'd totally drop $30-50 to unclaim a few items. Granted mercs may be an issue (still doable just more involved) but I've got some pre-wrapped era LoN items and FF specials I'd totally drop bucks on to get them back into /claim.

They could also add a tag to specific items to make them not unclaimable. That would cover things like the cash-only packs they come out with.
  10. Kahna Augur

Just make those items 999. Then they don't have to have an unclaim feature. And it wouldn't effect bags. It is silly they were 1 item only claims anyway.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There's no way they'd turn LoN pack rewards into 999 stacks. It's doubtful they'd do the same with many of the other rewards. As for the bags, they wouldn't do it or else they wouldn't rope people into buying new bundles with each new TLP launch.
  12. Kahna Augur

The reason I said it wouldn't effect bags is because they could just not make the bags 999. Those could stay single claim. They wouldn't have to make some special unclaim token that didn't include bags.

No reason not to make the LoN claims 999. You can't get them anymore so DPGs isn't losing any revenue, and they aren't tradable so it's all on the one account anyway.
  13. Captain Video Augur

The packs are still sold in the Marketplace, so I have no idea where you got the idea you can't get them anymore.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

15. Kahna Augur

Because they aren't sold on TLPS and I don't care about live? Not hard to see where I got the idea. Though I didn't see them on live when I logged on just now either so *shrug*.
  16. Captain Video Augur

They unlock on TLPs at RoF, so there are TLPs where they are sold, any temporary marketplace glitches notwithstanding. I'm sure our esteemed (and new) CM will investigate that.

If DPG did add this kind of unclaim tool to the marketplace, it would most certainly be available on both Live and TLP servers equally, subject to any existing expansion restrictions on the item(s) in question. Saying "I don't care about Live" doesn't help the argument.
  17. Sookie New Member

I just wish they'd allow all the illusions in the game from the start, rather than releasing with expansions. Personally I think they're missing out on a lot of sales of illusions from the folk that quit TLP's around POP / GOD. Most of the good ones don't come out til way way later.
  18. Corydon Augur

Make all /claimed items heirloom and tradable across servers just like kronos (however on same account only).
    Risiko likes this.
  19. Duladin Lorekeeper

Something like this would be an extra motivator to come back for me. I have so much crap spread around so many servers that were one of a kind. Oh and maybe rotating the pet illusions from the store once this decade might be nice.
    Risiko and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  20. Mashef Augur

Fantastic idea.

I don't think this cuts into bag sales at all. You unclaim a previously claimed bag pack for $25 to $30 - its essentially reselling the old pack. The hardcores will buy an unclaim and a new pack just to have more bags/rez token/pots. I see it increasing revenue, a lot. All the old free claims that were awarded could become profitable.
    Risiko and Wyre Wintermute like this.