Confirmed Blunted Blade / Righteous Antipathy conflict

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Warpeace, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Warpeace Augur

If you attempt to use Blunted Blade disc (timer 20) while Righteous Antipathy (timer 14) is running you get the following message "Your Blunted Blade spell did not take hold. (Blocked by Righteous Antipathy) except your Blunted blade disc receives a 12 minute cooldown and is not usable.

This looks to be caused by both Discs sharing line 4 SPA 85 add melee proc

This should be changed so Blunted Blade is not usable while Righteous Antipathy is running, and the ability does not get locked out while it was never able to be used.
    Evilness, Kaeladar, Razzy and 20 others like this.
  2. Helicoprion New Member

Yeah I just encountered this as well today. Testing Blunted Blade (timer 20) this conflicts with the entire line of Righteous XX (timer 14), where both discs are sharing the same proc line.

Righteous Antipathy
    Righteous Censure
    Righteous Indignation
    Righteous Umbrage
    Righteous Vexation

Any idea when this will be fixed Devs?
  3. a_Paladin_Main82813 New Member

From my memory, this has been an issue for quite some time (2+years or so). I modified my disc rotations back in TBL/TOV era when I noticed this was happening.
  4. Warpeace Augur

So other than this being "Confirmed" I do not recall seeing a fix put in game. Is there a plan to do anything?
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Chalk it up on a list with some hidden priority next to about 300 other confirmed bugs that they won't fix because releasing the next buggy expansion is super critical.

I won't even dig into severe class balance problems, or the server lag being so tremendously negative to raid nights and actual event flow and god forbid people be allowed to zone without having to log back into EverQuest.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Still waiting...

Tagging a bug Confirmed and vanishing is a reason players become dissatisfied. There is no listed intention on the companies part. Can we got an answer with a outcome because this is still sitting here almost a year later festering.
    Moege, Tutankamen and Fenthen like this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Any chance of an update on this for Sep 2022?
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

I bet if this was reported as a TLP bug it would be fixed sooner than a year.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Were still early in the month, will it make the coming Sept. patch? :p
  10. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

The fix: don't hit blunted blade when righteous antipathy is running!
  11. Warpeace Augur

Well, looks like a no for the September 2022 patch.

How about the October 2022 patch?

or

An update?
  12. Warpeace Augur

Would an update be possible on this confirmed bug?
  13. Warpeace Augur

I know this is another 6 months later, but nothing has been done to address this.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

This is honestly in the stack of hundreds of other "confirmed" bugs that will potentially never be touched. DBG really needs bug-fix developers, and introducing a mountain of new bugs every expansion is not helping.
  15. Warpeace Augur

So nothing for March 2023 :eek:
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

Big surprise?
    Champion's Oath?
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

Dear Diary,

Day 803 and still no fix in sight for the reported conflict of Blunted Blade discipline and Righteous Antipathy. Do you think we'll see change? If so, when? Do the developers remember that they confirmed this bug? I sure hope so!

Until tomorrow,
    Rath
    Cairbrae likes this.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Since September 23, 2021, when this bug was reported, a total of 916 days has passed.
    I fully expect we'll hit 1000 days, and this will still be a confirmed bug.
    Rongo likes this.