Fellowship exp sharing No longer works

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by RainbowTest, Sep 17, 2021.

1. RainbowTest Augur

As of the latest patch something is wrong with fellowship exp sharing. I earn vitality bonus from the vitality I had stored before the patch but I am no longer EVER seeing the "You have gained vitality" message when you login for the first time and periodically while you idle and others in fellowship are exp'ing. I had a routine down pretty well before the patch and a particular set of alts would always have a healthy pool of vitality, post patch they have dried up and just are not gaining anymore at all.

To be clear, the error is not the message you get when you earn exp, its the message that tells the player that their vitality pool has been filled by a fellowship member while offline/idle. We just do not gain offline vitality anymore. Which is the whole point of the feature imo.
    Carden, Yinla and Elthorien like this.
  2. RPoo Augur

I've noticed that if a player is at 99.99 regular experience, they will say "capped" and won't gain any vitality anymore even if i want them to gain it for AAs. I've had to let many corpses rot to get my regular experience down so that I could share vitality with them again. If this isn't helpful, hope you figure it out!
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

That is correct. It's annoying, for sure.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Never could get it to work right - its right up there with the old Leadership exp bonus and should just be taken out of the game like that was.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  5. Zipe The Healer

Confirmed that this is working. My lvl 100 warrior got Vitality while he was offline. I can't confirm if anything else changed (like quanityt or regularity or the messages) all I can confirm is that "Fellowship exp sharing is working".
  6. cadres Augur

Working fine for me
    I'm on AB. Could this be server specific?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm not convinced you are sharing when you are capped. The whole thing really needs an overhaul.

It could really do with 3 settings, recieve, give and none.
    Raptorjesus5 and Accipiter like this.
  8. cadres Augur

Yup, it's been that way since forever. If you are capped you no longer give exp. Which is surely wrong? But how it's always been

Agreed, your 3 settings make sense
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Too easy. It has to be complicated and nonintuitive in order to make it into the game.

Jokes aside, this is a great idea.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

Or just two settings: Receive and Give.

And, then remove the penalties from Give and slightly reduce the benefits from Receive.

The whole thing is way too complicated.
  11. Zipe The Healer

Tested this week, my CAPPED characters are Giving experience to offline toons with SHARING on.
    There have been a rumor, for lots of years, that CAPPED characters (as Givers) give more exp(Vitality) to Receivers. Well, not actually more experience, just more compared to a Giver that isn't capped and thus keeping some experience for himself, a CAPPED char isn't keeping any exp for himself so it's turning everything into Vitality. I have never confirmed this because I am a slacker, but I always try to get my Givers under CAPPED status by removing them from main exp group for one single kill (since they are maxed they don't need more, easy to do therefore easy to keep up with this myth).

I think the system is ok as it is. Only problem it has is that the lack of official documentation about it makes that ppl only know how to use it by rumors. Then, the big majority of the ppl end up using it on a wrong way that basically makes them get less experience because they don't understand how it works, like, trying to level up a char on a group that is getting experience and that this char is SHARING, resulting on this char getting less experience.

Fanra got this lines that sums the basics that everybody should try to understand:
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Fellowships
    Anyhow, for the purpose of this thread: Fellowship experience sharing is working as intended and any further debate shouldn't be done there. This post can be archived.
  12. Elthorien Elder

i can confirm the following
    once i hit 99.999% exp, my main character shows CAPPED in the fellowship window
    two other characters, online, in guild hall, no longer receiving the message that they have received shared experience
    the main character, has zero vitality, appears unable to receive shared experience for his AA experience bar at all what so ever when he is not being played, and is not max AA
    appears, if you kill yourself once, and 0% rez, so that not capped in regular experience, that this bug no longer happens