Characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waut, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Waut New Member

I was looking in my Everquest folder and saw 4 strange characters listed. Digging around I found 4 level 1 characters on ragefire but I've never been there. I've owned this account since 1999. Any thoughts?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you ever logged into a friends account? It can work the other way - not someone logging into your account but yours logging into someone else's
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For there to be characters listed in your EQ folder they were accessed from your PC.
    Therefore either you or someone else in your household has accessed those characters on Ragefire from your computer, and not necessarily using your account.
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Waut New Member

I live alone. But I have logged into a friend's account from my PC years ago,( 8 or so) long before Ragefire. Thanks for both replies, something to think about!
  5. Raccoo Augur

Did you check to see what date the files had as last updated? Could also be from copying EQ files from someone else.
  6. Waut New Member

There were 4 level 1 characters and ALL were modified around 7AM on 5/23/2015. Was Ragefire even around then? Thanks for the replies!
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ragefire. Launched: May 21, 2015 - so your files are from 2 days after launch.
    demi and Gialana like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My guess is you created a few characters on Ragefire to check it out, gave up, and forgot you created them. This happens to me - but then I am old AF.
    Skuz likes this.