The Rathe Server needs a server merge badly

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Alwrath, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Alwrath New Member

Hello! I am a long time supporter and player of Everquest. I have noticed since the launch of Claws of Veeshan and the expansion before it you do see an uptick of players on the Rathe server when the new expansion launches. But after the first month people start disappearing after the excitement wears off, and 2 months later the zones are pretty much dead with the exception of a few bot groups and maybe a few real groups here and there.

Claws of Veeshan on The Rathe server this year has been a ghost town. There are not enough people looking for group or forming a party like the server used to enjoy in the past. The population is dangerously low, and I would say it is a very big issue to the health of the game.

Due to the current state of affairs, and the fact that NOTHING has changed since around February this year, I highly recommend a server merge to increase population and encourage people to form a party with REAL PLAYERS.

As of right now, I want to come back to the game and play with my guildies and friends, but simply cannot justify the subscription fee for half a year or even a year unless something is done to address this horribly low population issue, and the fact that there are not enough real players forming a party and having fun in the game.

After all, the whole point of Everquest was to join a party and meet new people and have fun. If your not having fun, and there is hardly anyone to play with, then what is the point in playing anymore? There are plenty of other games to play, and we have more options than ever before.

So if you want this player back, let me know if you decide to merge servers and get the population back to where it should be, and the game is bustling with players looking for group to have fun in this great game. Until then, I will not be paying the subscription fee, have a nice day!

- Alwrath, legendary Paladin of Prexus, the chosen one, the old Paladin, the Savior of Prexus, the destroyer of Orks, the raid tank, the legendary one ( I could go on with titles but ill stop here )
  2. Riou EQResource

Fun thing was previous 6 months as of June, The Rathe was ~5th for population of the 10 "regular" servers, it's probably dropped a bit when SV quit though?

Honestly they could merge like half the servers
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Skuz and Alwrath like this.
  3. Alwrath New Member

With the way the population is right now, and the fact the server is a ghost town, maybe we need to merge half the servers together.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The last interview Holly did mentioned that all servers except Luclin and Xegony were to merge, we haven't seen this, a few have merged but not many.

I had confirmation from Dreamweaver after this that AB wouldn't merge....cause who would you really merge it with? Any server wouldn't be happy on AB as the playtimes are so different.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.