Why is Sleeper's Essence Lore Equipped?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[IMG]
    Sleeper's Essence

MAGIC ITEM LORE EQUIPPED NO TRADE AUGMENTATION PRESTIGE
    Augmentation type: 7 8
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST HANDS FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    AC: 82
    DEX: 0+15 STA: 0+21 CHA: 0+21 HP: +315 MANA: +315 ENDUR: +315
    Attack: +33 HP Regen +5 Mana Regeneration: +5 Clairvoyance: +85 Spell Damage: +60 Heal Amount: +60
    Recommended level of 115. Required level of 110.
    WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=136695

Note that Allakhzam does not say Lore Equipped but it is.

It does not have any Luck, so you can't combine two for more luck. It is No Trade, so you can't give it to anyone. It is not Heirloom, so you can't give it to another character on your server.

Instead, you can loot two if you don't realize you have one and deprive someone else, unintentionally, of getting this. A good friend of mine was going over their gear to put in new augmentations from their bag and is upset that they have two because someone else in the group could have used one.

I would report this as a bug but I'm not sure if it was intended. If intended, please change your mind and make this Lore and not Lore Equipped (or even not lore, if you are willing for people to have more than one). Also, please make sure all other augmentations of this type of No Trade are also Lore and not Lore Equipped.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Bigstomp and Alnitak like this.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Same Lore Equipped as Bella's Charming Diamond aug:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=136667

2 things to note - ZAM does not properly support to Lore Equipped tag in their item page, so Lore Equipped items do not say that on ZAM pages. It's ZAM's web engine problem, not EQ problem.

Second thing - it appears that those augs were tagged Lore Equipped in error. Either they had plans to introduce matching lore group augs with alternative stats (like tradeskillable augs Gem of Brilliance and Gem of Vigor) or simply made a data-entry error and tagged them Lore Equipped, while meant to tag just LORE.

It's a neusance, not a break-down. Perhaps some dev will notice your complaint.
    demi and Fanra like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its not an error as far as anyone knows. People asked for augs to be lore equipped, so they could equip the same aug on different pieces of gear to swap around.They made some that way.

Pay more attention to what you are looting.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

You probably want to print a list of the augs you have so this doesnt happen. Remembering 44+ augs is not really something anyone could seriously recommend.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Can use the Find Item when deciding if you want to roll on it. Just did not expect to need to for this. Figured it would be like most augs where if you can only have one, you can't roll.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like lore equipped should be restricted to items that are either tradeskilled so you can trade them, or augs that can be swapped via bandolier (primary, secondary, range, ammo). Otherwise they should just be plain lore.
    Kaenneth and cadres like this.
  7. Lubianx Augur

I always thought the best spots for the lore equipped augs was belt, so you can swap out affects without changing the aug, for tanks when changing masks and of cause weapons
    Angahran likes this.
  8. Moege Augur

9. Windance Augur

I think the "Lore Equipped" flag should go away. The number of people who are confused about it seems to greatly out weigh the number of people who intentionally make use of the feature.

I also think upgrading "luck" should overhauled. Requiring "duplicates" of the gear means the base gear from both raids/group content need to be "plentiful".
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Lore Equipped would be sooooo nice on weapon damage augs. Taking my journey on a TLP as a class that actually swaps weapons around, I find myself using older augs simply because I can't add upgraded versions into multiple weapon types.

Luck is probably one of the worst things they added to EQ stats. Not for what it does, per say, but the whole system is non-intuitive and there's no real in game guide or pointers. Having to rely on 3rd party fan sites is poor game design. They're nice, I would (and do) use them anyways, but I should have easy access to any pertinent information from within the game.
    Windance and Svann2 like this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Also FV where we sell/trade all of this stuff.
    Axel likes this.
  12. Axel Furry Hats OP

Make everything Lore Equipped. So tired of having to find an alt that I can pass items to so I can sell those items later.