Returning Player from 20 yrs ago.

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by BuddhaBelly, Sep 22, 2021.

1. BuddhaBelly New Member

Now that I’ve been able to figure out how to get the game working again (using steam), I have to find a server and a guild. I have started fresh with a new character; however, I am working with customer service to see if I can recover my old account.

So, what benefits do any specific types of servers have? Someone on twitch commented on Zek having 2x xp bonus due to pvp. So, this made me wonder what other passive bonuses do servers have? What are the differences between the servers (live, true something or another (they really boggled the various servers))?

What addons/mods should I have for raiding and general ease of gaming. I know of an improved map.

I am a casually, focused raider (prefer playing necro, monk, mage) who is looking for a guild who plays more than just raiding. I remember hunting for my mage levitation cloak for my epic and I enjoyed every moment of those DAYS hunting that damn Pegasus. So, I need a guild who is active. I left the game right around the Discord expansion’s release.
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

This is all stuff you don't need to worry about till you get to level 2.
    Ozon likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This will give you an idea of what servers do what:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Servers

Personally I would play around with creating different characters on a live server for now. Go the the tutorial and get the hang of what has changed in the game. Cause you can do that free. Later you can go to TLP if you want to pay or even subscribe on live.

Even if you switch to a different server later at least you will have an idea of how the game is played now.

Many folks have the same questions just like this thread posted in the same time element as yours:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...er-please-help-me-decide.277609/#post-4064882

and yes get your maps no matter which server you will play on.

Goods map pack and Brewells are the two to use. Google them or look thru the forums for links - Goods has a link for sure
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd second picking a live server and doing the tutorial to get the hang of how to play, also pick up the quests in Plane of Knowledge which will teach you about auras etc. It has an achievement, I'd do them all to learn what has changed since you have been gone.

Make sure the AA auto grant is turned on, you cannot get them till level 51 but if you turn it on now you won't forget later (only works with all access).
    Ozon likes this.
  5. BellyMan New Member

I was able to gain access to my old account! (This is buddhabelly.) Thank goodness I’ve kept my email for 20yrs . So, my characters are on Drinal and my mage is 80.

Where are the PoK quests?

I played the last 2 days while waiting to get my old account and have a refresher in the tutorial. But there is so much more to do.
  6. TripTrip New Member

Hit up Hrothgarr, Rakgok, Knightzerk, on the Cazic Thule - Fennin Ro server, for an invite to an active casual raiding guild. Known as Order of Reverent Mirth