TLP Raid Currencies

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jseqdude, Sep 22, 2021.

1. jseqdude New Member

Playing on Mangler, haven’t gotten here yet, but…

Do TLP raid currencies starting with VoA drop the same amount of currency as listed on Alla’s expansion pages? I was looking at VoA and it’s 10 per tier event. Even doing all 4 events in a tier you’re never going to get enough raid currency before the next expansion to get the higher end items. Did they leave it the same as in era and it’s just a too bad so sad situation? Or were adjustments made for TLPs?
  2. Aegir Augur

Adjustments were made. Even with the difficulty of the expansion, I recall being able to get like 3-4 top tier Items from currency in Veil of Alaris before next expansion unlocked.

And it's not a flat 10 currency pr. event. It depends on the tier.

If there are a small amount of raids in that tear, you get more than "normal" currency pr. event. If there are many events in a tier you get less.

Currency helped A LOT on Phinigel. The only real thing that was a struggle at the end on Phinigel, were the expansions where you couldn't buy Spell runes with Currency - that created a somewhat pretty big bottleneck for rk.III spells and tomes.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. RainbowTest Augur

This person is wrong. We get 10 per on live, and 20 per on TLP's across all 4 tiers of voa. The balance of the events per tier is made at the cost of the items on the merchants, T2 merchants gear is very cheap, T3 not so much, and T4 with a whopping 8 total currency raids, has a ridiculous cost to purchase items. Again, you always get 20 coins per raid no matter the tier on TLPs.
    VandilIzer and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  4. Aegir Augur

Ah yeah, sorry, memory killed me. The balance is in the costs of the items.
    Stymie, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  5. ViciousEQ Elder

Worse than say... Ancient spells in Velious? I highly doubt that...
  6. Zipe The Healer

Nowadays Live servers get the boost as they are past expansions. VoA, RoF, etc, all of this should be 40 currency per kill because 9 months have passed since the launch. That's because of the 3+3+3 month currency boost implemented some years ago.
    TLP's automatically get the first boost when an expansion opens and automactially gets next boost when next expansion opens.

Game Update Notes: April 15, 2020
    Skuz, Froger, Rasper Helpdesk and 2 others like this.
  7. Triconix Augur

What does that have to do with this? Who cares about Velious and a couple ancient spells vs needing multiple rk3 spells per level per class? The power differences between the two are vastly different.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Didn't you know that TLP means only upto PoP era because they all quit and reroll anyways!