1 minute notice?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zerowaphex, Sep 22, 2021.

1. zerowaphex New Member

Seriously? 1 minute notice the game was going down?
    Xanadas, Leerah and Fenthen like this.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yup notice samething whatever happened to the 30 min countdown they used to do in the past?

Andarriel
    Coagagin and Xanadas like this.
  3. HeatherPurrs Augur

Don't worry they will roll back 30 minutes of game time.
    Fanra likes this.
  4. Leerah Augur

Now, they're calling it, "scheduled."

Coagagin likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you can come here to post your displeasure on this then you could have see the post yesterday around 11 am

All EverQuest live servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. PDT to apply an emergency fix for instances not properly functioning. Downtime is expected to last approximately 3 hours.

Since this was an emergency patch it does not qualify for the countdown.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

You don't schedule "emergency" patches, that's just incredibly stupid.

A reminder of 1 hour / 30 minutes would have been a nice gesture, especially for those who do not visit the forums as that is the only place it was posted.
    Coagagin and Leerah like this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

/boggle
    Svann2, Aanuvane and Dre. like this.
  8. Mossaa Augur

No matter what they do, always some basement dwellers that will complain as they think playing this game 24/7 has higher priority than all other events in the world. No amount of notice will be enough and the patch, normal or emergency, always comes on the wrong time. And as emergency says in the word its not planned long time ahead. So be happy they have the emergency patch to fix stuff and do not wait until next normal patch where you get the count down to when patch starts.
    Wyre Wintermute, MageGuy and CatsPaws like this.
  9. zerowaphex New Member

OR..... Maybe I don't read the forums, and this was a rare look to find out why? What would cause me to do that. Oh wait, because they didn't give normal in game notice? Hence my original post.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. niente Developer

Sorry about the lack of the usual 30 minute warning, it was an accident.
  11. Leerah Augur

I hope no pets were killed in the making of this patch.
    Wyre Wintermute, Stymie and Nennius like this.
  12. Randel Flag Elder

was also posted on the EQ discord, so no, forums was not the only place, i dont use twitter, but maybe there too?
  13. Leerah Augur

I've been banned from Twitter 3 weeks because I refuse to capitulate to their "fact checkers." I left the EQ Discord forum because I refuse to give them a phone number. I know that's only if I want to post but it's too tempting to respond.
    It's a hard life having principles.

Metanis, Elyssanda and Coagagin like this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have their #announcements-and-news channel locked in on our server's discord to its own channel, though people still say, "What? There is a patch today?"
    I am on EQ's discord, but I haven't registered my number to post. Which may be good, I get into enough arguments here.
    Wyndar, Elyssanda and Leerah like this.
  15. MageGuy MageGuy

Eh. Ignore the OP. Half of Bb does.
  16. Gialana Augur

I first noticed it on the launchpad when I started up the game on the 21st.
  17. Kalvenie Elder

so many first world problems in one thread.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Comment of the month there.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's not like this is the place to talk about real world problems, politics, disasters, wars, etc.

I just would like them to use the raid emote method to plaster the server going down in the middle of the screen, easy to lose in combat/chat spam.